Menu

July Weight Loss Club

Soror

Alright, ladies forgive me but I'm going to go a little Richard Simmons here. It helps me stay motivated when I focus on motivating other people. So I'm ready to hear everyone's goals, short term- long term. You can measure in sizes, pounds(stones), strength, how you feel, how you look whatever you've got lets hear it. If you want I'll add you to the list so we can keep track of progress.

For me I'm a bit up today so no I did not reach my goal but I'm still working at a steady rate here. Unfortunately I didn't do all my measurements at my heaviest. Since starting at the beginning of May I've lost 12 lbs and at least an inch off my waist and hips (I think it is more like 2+ but I didn't measure at my heaviest). 

July Goals-

Soror- Weight loss- 6 pounds 

Inches- -1 on hips and waist

Diet- Continue on with the auto-immune paleo diet, eat when I'm hungry, eat what makes me feel good

Sleep- Consistently getting everyone to bed by 9

Strength- 10 pull-ups with 50 lb band, 5+ 25 lb band

General fitness- Enjoy lots of fun fitness activities with the family, try new things, continue things we enjoy. More biking, hiking, rockclimbing, kayaking, swimming, and canoeing, do one activity at least one day a week. Start MuTu System.

July Goals

(I'll add to this list as others add theirs)

Soror- Lose 6lbs and 1 in off waist and hips, 10 pullups with 50lb band

OneStepAtaTime- 45 min of activity, Reasonable bedtime and good food

DawnM- Follow Nutritionist's Plan

Lolli010- Lose 8lbs, No diet coke, Outside Daily, Track Food daily

shawthorne44- stay on diet- long term 18%

JeninNY- Continue C25K program

Jen72- Lose 4lbs, 3HIIT-1Yoga-10k/day- Per Week, Log Food- Watch Fiber

Jhschool- Lose 49.3 lbs, Give up coffee, limit milk, try lchf- move 1 hr a day

Cera- Lose 6 lbs, Stop eating sugary junk, Workout 1 hr every other day

Joyofsix- Lose 3 lbs, -.25 in on waist, strength train 2x wk

redsquirrel- Lose 2-4 lbs

mandylubug- 3days- bleachers/sprint, cut cereal, increase water

kwg- stick to a healthy lifestyle- lose 5 lbs

Woodhaven- lose 5-10 lbs

Okra- lose 2 lbs, no soda, exercise a bit every day

Slache- 1 month grapefruit diet

Nemom- Lose 5 lbs, walk in am, 2 days strength training when Planet Fitness opens

TracyP- Lose 4.6 lbs

JustKate-not eat any off-plan foods (no sugar, white flour, etc.), get down to 145 lbs. 

AmandaVT- lose 4lbs- no stress eating from MIL

prairiegirl-more veggies, protein, water. exercise: 6 d/wk- 4-strength training/2 -yoga- hike 2-3d.

Paige- lose 2 lbs /1/2 in off hips, do the splits, drink fewer calories

AMJ-last through 2 akido classes, keep up with kids, eat less dairy, sugar and soy

heartlikealion-  more water, protein, veggies, keep pregnancy weight gain min,  healthy snacks

mom-32157-Lose 5 pds, exercise 3x wk, help dd eat better and exercise more

reefgazer- 6lbs

Vegan Cupcake- lose 5 lbs, exercise 5 days/wk, eat 5+ fruits and vegetables a day

LisaK- lose 5-10 pounds,  exercising 3x/wk  

Mrs. Gregg-8 lbs, clean eating, watching portion size, exercising 3-5x wk/45min,3 1/2 minute plank

pehp- lose 5 lbs (give or take 1-2 lbs)

Traveling a lot this month, getting ready to move in August, and DH's family have tons of July birthdays that are all celebrated with lots and lots of rich food so I guess my main goal for July is to try to keep eating reasonable amounts of healthy food in the face of all that temptation, get at least 45 minutes of exercise a day no matter where I am located and attempt to get to bed at a reasonable hour every night.  I will try for something more structured and planned once we are settled in the new location....

We are traveling a lot this month as well!  I won't have as much control over my food as I would like.  I will be at a retreat for 3 full days this weekend and a reunion for 5 full days the following week.

However, I am going to meet with a dietitian/nutritionist today as weight loss has not been happening no matter what I do!  I will follow whatever she says to do!

Thanks so much for getting us started! Recently, I lost 25 pounds with a combination of gluten free eating and counting points via weight watchers. I haven't counted points in two weeks and have gained back three of the 25 pounds. My goals for the month are to track my food intake daily (I tend to snack too much when I'm not tracking), take off eight pounds (the 3 pounds that I gained + 5 additional), get outside daily to move with the kids and absolutely no diet coke!

We tend toward clean eating, but have a few significant changes that need to be made. 3 out of 6 of our family members have weight issues and now is the time to address them. Feeling positive and motivated.

My weight 200 lbs, and I was thankful it didn't go up more while I was off the wagon.  

Longterm Goal:  Ideal weight - 18% body fat (whatever that is.  I've never thought I was there.)  When I get to about where I think it is I will have some medical tests done to pinpoint it. I suspect it is my weight in high school when I felt fat.  

July Goal:  Stay totally on the diet.  

:seeya:

Hi all.

I am trying this time not to focus too heavily on weight loss goals, but fitness goals instead. (It's getting hard not to watch the scale tho... it has been years since I have been less than (insert number that I'm not.going.to.care.about.no.matter.what! here: ________ and I'm one pound away!!!)

My lovely 16yodd has agreed to whip me into shape by training for my first 5K with me! My husband joined in, too. I am so glad and thankful that she is willing to do it. She's the one that keeps track of the couch to 5k times... she's the one that wears the watch... she's the one I follow, panting, as well as I can, and just have to put one foot in front of the other until she says to stop.

So we are on week three. We might have to do week three again, because it's desperately hot and humid here right now so I was not able to notch up to the two five minute runs today... but that's OK. As long as I am out there at least walkjogrunning in some form I feel like it's progress. We did two miles all together today. We're trying all the different trails in the area, and today's was a keeper. I'd like to run there every day.

Best to everyone with their personal goals this month!! Mine is just to keep on trucking and eventually run that 5k!

My goals:

3 HIIT workouts a week, 1 yoga workout/week, 10,000 steps on non workout days;

Continue logging food and try to get make sure I am getting enough fiber

Starting weight 139

Current weight is 136

Goal is 132. But really the above fitness and mindful eating goals are my focus not so much the scale.

Current weight 189.3 lb

I lost a pound-ha!

Goal: 140 lb

Trying: LCHF, low carb high fat, low carb, no carb, paleo sort of.

Still starting out so am learning. Basically no refined sugars or

flours, no peanuts, no potatoes, no fruit juice.

Goal: seriously cut down on milk intake as I think I am allergic.

Goal: give up coffee. It messes with my sleep and then I am

exhausted the next day and starving and no energy. I can't tell

the difference between my exhaustion from being unhealthy

or my exhaustion from lack of sleep--I am sure they are related

in all sorts of ways.

Goal: move for 1 non-stop hour each day. Cleaning the house counts.

Goal: lose 6 pounds

Additionally, work out at least every other day for an hour (actually go the gym, the only way it will happen) and stop eating sugary junk.  It makes me feel terrible afterward but it is soooo good.

I am in. I am also participating in the exercise thread, but that is really just exercise.  And, I am sitting out due to an injured hip, but it is getting better!

So, if this is all about weight loss with a monthly goal my goal for july is:

My current weight is somewhere between 147-149, depending on the day and the heat (I retain water like mad in the hot weather) My goal for july is super small. I want to weigh between 145-147 by the beginning of August. I swear that is it.

My weight has been so weird lately and I just can't figure it out. It has become a battle of ounces and anything that isn't a gain is a win.

Great to "see" everyone! I've added everyone's goals to the second post, let me know if I missed anyone.

I'm having a snacky day myself. Lots of veggies and lots of fruit. I'm feeling so much better since starting to get some more sleep. Dh and I are supposed to do some kind of exercise this evening. I was going to do it without him but he wanted me to wait, not sure what yet but I suspect legs and a walk.

My main July goal will be to stick to this lifestyle. In the process it would be awesome to lose weight. I'm afraid to set a goal tho- maybe five pounds. That is reasonable right? I will post in the morning what that means in terms of weight.

ETA- ok so starting weight is 154.8. (more than both times I was pregnant).

Current weight 189.3 lb

I lost a pound-ha!

Goal: 140 lb

Trying: LCHF, low carb high fat, low carb, no carb, paleo sort of.

Still starting out so am learning. Basically no refined sugars or

flours, no peanuts, no potatoes, no fruit juice.

Goal: seriously cut down on milk intake as I think I am allergic.

Goal: give up coffee. It messes with my sleep and then I am

exhausted the next day and starving and no energy. I can't tell

the difference between my exhaustion from being unhealthy

or my exhaustion from lack of sleep--I am sure they are related

in all sorts of ways.

Goal: move for 1 non-stop hour each day. Cleaning the house counts.

The first time I did Atkins induction (LCHF), I gave up coffee.  I had a headache for 3 days.  Now I will never give up coffee.  My 16oz in the morning is all I have.  I like coffee and I have no ill effects from it.  Coffee & protein shake is my breakfast.

Have you tried to cut down on your coffee intake slowly or just have it in the early morning?

Hi all!  I am on a LCHF diet and have been for approx. 3 weeks.  Wow, I feel so much better than I did before I started!  I sleep better and never feel hungry or crave sweets!  I am sure I still love chocolate, but I don't wander around the kitchen wondering what I can do to create something chocolate!!

The most difficult part for me has been that my husband thinks I'm crazy and still wants me to provide carbs at meals for him and he boys. He'll raise an eyebrow when I say "no thank you" to potatoes or rice or bread. I won't try to limit the boys since they are growing right now and ALWAYS hungry.  Especially my eldest who is 14.

I haven't been looking at the scale, but finally did so today.  I want to loose 5 - 10 lbs this month.  My thought is to keep my goals short and achievable. The best thing is to not feel hungry or deprived! 

Just reading how or what you all are doing is an encouragement to me!

Me!  I want to join!  If you are motivated by motivating others, well you can practice on me!

I am in the slow and steady race.  So, I hope to  lose at least 2 pounds.  That's 24 pounds in a year, 48 in two years.  Surely, that's possible?  So, I don't have huge weight loss goals, but I hope to start some healthy habits.

No soda.  Today is my first day.  :(

Exercise a little bit every day.  I am trying to build habits.

I actually tossed my scale after losing another pants size, going to weigh myself and seeing I gained another 7 pounds.  :glare:

I'm just concentrating on my health now, but due to my excess... baby fat... yes, we'll call it that, I've decided to go on a month of the grapefruit diet. It's going to suck, but the fat loss should be phenomenal.

Hi guys. I'd like to join too.

In the other thread soror asked what your biggest stumbling block is, so I'll start there. I cannot maintain my weight!! My last child was born in 2010, and here is my weight gain/loss since.

Started spring of 2011: 175

Fall of 2011: 158

Spring of 2012: 172

Fall of 2012: 151

Spring of 2013: 163

Fall of 2013: 146

Spring of 2013: 161

You see the pattern? I lose weight every summer and gain it back every winter. Ugh! I am feeling very down about this right now. I am trying again this year but severely lacking in the motivation department. So here goes.... Yesterday I weighed 156.6. My goal for July will be to lose 4.6 pounds. By next month, I would like to set some specific fitness and nutrition goals.

Great thread! I have been doing Trim Healthy Mama since April 25 and I have lost 10.5 lbs. Today, I weighed in at 149.5 lbs. I weighed 149 when I got pregnant with ds (my first), so I am happy to back to that weight. My long-term goal is 135. I really can't remember the last time I weighed that amount, so I don't know how I'll feel when (if) I get there. It is my drivers license weight though...so it sounds like a good goal to me!

For July, I hope to not eat any off-plan foods (no sugar, white flour, etc.). I would love to get down to 145 lbs.

Love this group and the support!!!

Thanks for starting this! I'd like to lose 4 lbs in July. My other goal is to survive my MIL's visit mid month without stress eating. The last few times she's been in town, I've found myself eating everything in sight and I need to be more mindful of this. I have DH on the job too - I asked him to say something to me if he sees my head in a bag of chips or something. :-)

I would like to join as well.  I'm having a major problem with my weight.  I keep gaining and gaining. :glare:  I now weigh more than I did when I was pregnant.   This is craziness!

I want to lose at least 20 lbs.  But for the month of July I just want to focus on lifestyle changes.

My goals for July:  eating healthier: more veggies, protein and drinking more, much more, water.

exercise: 6 days a week --  4 days strength training, 2 days yoga.  I would also like to hike a few days a week with the kids.

I'd like to lose 5lbs which shouldn't be hard but evidently it's going to be a beast. Originally, I'd thought I could lose 5lbs in just over a month but after 3 weeks, I can't tell if I've lost any. I thought I'd lost 2 but it might just have been normal fluctuations of weight throughout the menstrual cycle. Darn it. My DH always loses 5lbs in a week or two when he diets! 

For July, I'm going to scale back my goals and hope for a solid 2lbs off and 1/2 inch on my hips. Actually, I'd be happy with no weight loss and 2inches off my hips if that could happen. My hips are what's causing problems in my wardrobe.

I'm trying to drink fewer calories and have been keeping track of my calories and have been keeping them to a sustainable level. I was trying to exercise every weeknight but I hurt my foot and haven't been able to keep up. I am staying off it now to try to help it. I was trying to ignore it, but it kept getting worse. I don't know how long it will take. I think I sprained my toes. Before that  I was running, stretching, and lifting some light weights. We'll be going on vacation this month and I'll probably ditch that whole week. 

I also have a goal of being able to do the splits by next year. 

I want to last through at least 2 Aikido classes (one week's worth) without my knees, my bladder, or the heat forcing me to sit out for a bit.

I want to get back to eating less dairy, sugar, and soy (my problem foods) so I will bloat less, sleep better, and have more energy.

I want my knees to be 20-30 years younger again, and to have the energy to terrorize my new teen into more physical activity (oh no!  Mom can catch me now!)

And I want to accomplish this all while enjoying thoroughly my chai and the occasional chocolate treat, because life just ain't worth living without some yummy goodie periodically.

So, Richard me boy, what have you got to goad me along?

TIA!

I would like to join as well.  I'm having a major problem with my weight.  I keep gaining and gaining. :glare:  I now weigh more than I did when I was pregnant.   This is craziness!

I want to lose at least 20 lbs.  But for the month of July I just want to focus on lifestyle changes.

My goals for July:  eating healthier: more veggies, protein and drinking more, much more, water.

exercise: 6 days a week --  4 days strength training, 2 days yoga.  I would also like to hike a few days a week with the kids.

Have you had your thyroid checked?  If not, ask your doctor to run a full thyroid panel (or go to a doc with lots of thyroid experience for this).  There should be not only the TSH test, but Free T3, Free T4, Total T4, and T3 re-uptake.  Many doctors just do a TSH test and call it good, but alone it is not enough to get a clear picture of WHAT is wrong if it is indeed your thyroid.  The TSH is also not sufficient to "weed out" the thyroid as a possibility.

I used to be a skinny beanpole with a high metabolism who could eat anything at all in any quantities I cared for and not gain an ounce.  Then hypothyroidism hit, and the weight just suddenly came on.  And on.  And on.  And on.  I went from not being able to get above 122 lbs. to weighing more than 195 lbs.

If it is your thyroid you will still need the healthier eating and the exercise, too, so keep those up.  I hope it works out for you!

Week One done!  No bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, corn, sugar.  Occasional berries with plain Greek yogurt & splenda.  Now Foods whey protein drink has been my breakfast & late afternoon snack. 

Two more weeks before I visit family & want to be a bit thinner (fit into the bigger sz 12 clothes that I own).

If you have the time, this is the best LCHF video by the "experts":

I was choking my water down this morning I thought I would post my doctor's advice- drink a glass when you first wake up.  It is when you are most dehydrated.  I have noticed that when I do that I am aware of my thirst throughout the day.

I did well yesterday.  My biggest problem is  feeling kinda like I did well for 2 whole days, why am I not skinny? This is insufferable!  :toetap05:    :tongue_smilie:   It is not though.  I feel okay.  

I like this thread!  Thanks for starting it!

I was so glad for this group yesterday when I ran into the store for paper towels and had to walk by the diet coke cooler. For 5 years I had no soda at all then a few years ago I started letting them sneak back in. Little by little I got back to a one a day habit. So out of habit I slapped one on the counter and walked out with it in my hand. Then I remembered this thread and had a visual image of Richard Simmons. I never opened it--tossed it out. Victory!

Oh ETA: we spent about an hour outside playing soccer and walking around the track at the park in 100 degree heat.

Good morning, everyone! After traveling for the last week and having our anniversary, I'm so glad to say I maintained exactly. I weigh 168.4 pounds, which is what I weighed when I checked in to the club. It is the first time ever that we have gone to dh's family and I didn't gain. Woohoo! When I started losing weight in late January, I weighed 193 pounds. I haven't lost any since mid-May, but I've not been super strict and haven't gained. 

July is going to be a little hectic because dd is in a play at the end of the month, it's dh's last few weeks of summer break, ds will have at least 2 swim meets, family is coming for the play, and I need to go to TN and help my dad start going through my mom's things. Whew, I'm tired just typing it all. 

Goals for July:

Lose 5 pounds

Exercise at least 3 times each week

Help dd eat like I am doing and get more active (She weighs about what I did and really wants to lose. She is 5'9", and I'm only about 5'6".)

I was so glad for this group yesterday when I ran into the store for paper towels and had to walk by the diet coke cooler. For 5 years I had no soda at all then a few years ago I started letting them sneak back in. Little by little I got back to a one a day habit. So out of habit I slapped one on the counter and walked out with it in my hand. Then I remembered this thread and had a visual image of Richard Simmons. I never opened it--tossed it out. Victory!

Oh ETA: we spent about an hour outside playing soccer and walking around the track at the park in 100 degree heat.

I'm short on time this am and don't have the chance to get all caught up but I had to LOL at this! Richard says no diet coke!!!

I was choking my water down this morning I thought I would post my doctor's advice- drink a glass when you first wake up. It is when you are most dehydrated. I have noticed that when I do that I am aware of my thirst throughout the day.

I did well yesterday. My biggest problem is feeling kinda like I did well for 2 whole days, why am I not skinny? This is insufferable! :toetap05: :tongue_smilie: It is not though. I feel okay.

I like this thread! Thanks for starting it!

I understand the logic but a glass of water first thing. Gag! After a pot of coffee maybe. Yes, after I run I come home and drink a cup of coffee. Yes, I know that's bad but it's soooo good.

I was choking my water down this morning I thought I would post my doctor's advice- drink a glass when you first wake up.  It is when you are most dehydrated.  I have noticed that when I do that I am aware of my thirst throughout the day.

I did well yesterday.  My biggest problem is  feeling kinda like I did well for 2 whole days, why am I not skinny? This is insufferable!  :toetap05:    :tongue_smilie:   It is not though.  I feel okay.  

You inspired me.  I drank water with my thyroid pill right when I got up, as usual, but I also drank a big glass of water this morning before I got on Wii Fit.  I made it all the way through my routine without feeling extremely fatigued.  Yeah!

I forgot to do my morning weigh in this morning. My regular morning routine is get up, pee and get on scale. I woke up to dh telling me is flight was cancelled etc etc new plans, no wait, other new plans, now a third new plan, pick me up at 4 blah blah.  So, I forgot to get on scale.

But I am pretty sure it would be up due to heat and humidity. Does anyone else find their weight goes up by at least a pound in the heat?

Plus I am not sleeping with DH gone, I think I maybe got 5 hours last night. My weight also goes up the day after bad sleep.

See the things you learn when you weigh yourself every day?  I also know I have a guaranteed 3lb weight gain if I have a restaurant meal. It will take 3 days to go away. 3lbs, like clockwork.

I had read that water first thing is good for your digestive system, and I've done it fairly consistently all year. I lost the 25 pounds and have kept it off. Maybe drinking the water helped. I drink room temperature water because I don't like cold that early.

Hey friends, may I join you? :)

I am nursing infant twins, so if I don't eat everything in the house (which is a strong temptation), I lose pretty well. I'm about 8 lbs above pre-pregnancy weight and squeeeeeezed back into pre-pregnancy shorts just this week. The twins will be 5 months old on Friday and I gained about 60 lbs in the pregnancy.

My goals for this month: 

Lose 5 lbs

Exercise 5+ days a week

Eat 5 fruits and vegetables a day

Soror, have you tried the MuTu system before? I'm thinking about trying it, but I'd love to hear reviews. 

Alright ladies- goal list in post 2 is updated again with everyone's goals!

kwg-Welcome! I think lifestyle goals are the best. The point is to lose the weight and be healthy for a life and a temporary fix won't help in the long term.

Mandylubug- Welcome! You ought to at least be in great shape by the end of the month with that much sprinting and bleachers!

Woodhaven- Welcome! Feeling great is wonderful motivation! Fwiw I had been cooking dh and the kids grains/sugar and such but dh is now on board with cutting it out due to his bloodtests otherwise I tried not to worry most of what they eat is great food. I was a chocolate fanatic but I don't hardly think about it now.

Okra- Welcome! Well, the tortoise did win the race, right? Slow and steady, build the habits, build the healthy lifestyle, your in this for life and you will succeed!

Slache- Welcome! Hugs! Do you mean you went up a pants size or down? If you went up in weight and down in pants that's great! Think about all that muscle! The scale can be cruel though.

Nemom- Welcome! Sounds like a great plan, good luck!

TracyP- Welcome! The good news is you know how to lose, now you have to build the habits that you can sustain to keep it off, maybe thinking about what changes you can realistically make for a life would be good. One way I keep it off is regularly weighing even when I'm at goal so I can keep an eye on things, then if it starts to creep I cut back a bit, it is much easier at that point. I also work around treats, if I'm going to have a big treat for lunch than breakfast will likely be smaller and perhaps the next day. 

JustKate- Welcome! Only 14.5 lbs until you reach your goal!!! 

AmandaVT- Welcome! Oh, I can commiserate with the mil, sigh! Hopefully your dh's help will keep you on track. Perhaps he can help you get a break from her so you don't feel like eating!

prairiegirl- Welcome! I would second looking into the thyroid. I lost all my pregnancy weight but then started gaining, unfortunately it took a while to get proper help and by that time I'd gained over 20 lbs. I so wish I would have pushed it soon. Anyway, something to consider, pregnancy is often a catalyst for thyroid issues.

Paige- Welcome! Lol! I totally agree, my hips are my troubled area too. If I could just lose inches that'd be great! 

AMJ- Welcome! Great goals! Being able to be active with our kids is something dh and I love and it stinks not to be able to. Keep your goals and mind and set yourself up for success, be active when you think about it. You CAN do it!

heartlikealion- Welcome! Sounds like great goals for pregnancy. Fwiw I would start just walking a little, it always helped me but sometimes I had to go slow when my body got out of whack.

MIch elle- YA! First week done! Thanks for the vid.

mom21357- GREAT! You made your first goal! I hope you can inspire your daughter to join you!

redsquirrel- Yes, my weight fluctuates too.

VeganCupcake- Welcome! I've never tried MuTu, sorry. I'm hopeful reading reviews that it will be good for me, my poor belly is so weak!

Well, I'm trying to keep myself encouraged. I'm up 2.4 lbs. I had ate more this weekend but I don't think that much more. I'm thinking and hoping perhaps it is just from all the muscle soreness I've had, it seems my weight always goes up when sore. I'm trying to focus on keeping on. I hope that I didn't mess things up with my thyroid. I had stopped a few days as my body wonked out last week and I was afraid it was my thryoid, now I'm thinking it was just due to stress and extreme sleep deprivation. I'm feeling better anyway and my sleep is trying to line out, although I've got a ways to go before its back to normal. I'm eating like I was though before and losing. I'm continuing to be more active. My clothes are loser. I was busting out of my generously sized 7/8s and now I'm fitting back into my 5s, some comfortably and some are quite tight. I'd like them to all fit comfortably by the end of the month.

Well, I've had 2 weeks with no lost weight. WTH?? I am reassuring myself that no gain is as good as a loss because I was seeing a constant gain before I started trying. Stupid thyroid. I've heard about how people stall for a while and then lose a few pounds at once because of water retention and fat cells resisting change, so maybe that will be me. I have 2.5 weeks until we go to the beach and I really, really don't want to hear thinking really loudly, "What happened to you this year!" 

Ugh, have to come in to confess - I ate a handful of mini reeses cups yesterday. I have my period and had some gnarly cramps yesterday and they were just sitting on my mom's desk when DS and I went to visit her at work. I wasn't even thinking, just picked a few up and ate them and then had a few more. Which, like it always does, led to over eating at dinner last night and now I'm mad at myself. I haven't gained any weight, so that's good at least. I washed and sliced up a bowl of strawberries and added blueberries and cherries to it and left it front and center in the fridge. So if I get a sweet or snacky craving today, I have a plan in place. I also washed and spun a head of lettuce and it's waiting to be made into a salad at lunch. I find that if I plan well, I eat well. And I'm not going to my mom's work today, so I don't have to worry about eating chocolates!

Soror, I always go up a bit when my muscles are sore. Can you take a rest day and really hydrate?

Paige, I have found most people are too concerned about themselves to spend much time thinking nasty thoughts about others. And the type of person who does is prob someone that isn't very kind to begin with. Or is 14.

The temps are down and I got a good night's sleep so I lost 2.5 lbs in 24 hours. Weird.  Well, at least I know I really am hanging out at 147.  I will be SO HAPPY to see 145. I don't know when that became an acceptable weight for me, but it's a start.

I am headed to ILs for a major 4th blowout. Major. In DH's family this is second only to Christmas..it might be more important to be honest. So, fancy food and wine tonight, big brunch-y open house party tomorrow with champagne and bloodies and a cast of 100s, barbeque at the yacht club tomorrow night. There are not enough gin and tonics in the world to get me through a party at a yacht club.

So, who knows what my weight will be when I get back, lol.  The good news is that on Monday my younger son starts a 2 hour a day theater class. I will have just enough time to drop him off, drive home, do a barre DVD and then run back to get him. It is in the hottest part of the day so I am not going to try cardio. I have tried in the past and it has been a crashing failure. So, this time I am just doing barre. I might do Ballet Beautiful because that is 60 mins lying on a yoga mat. I can do the whole thing with a fan blowing on me. But IMO, that is the most boring workout ever invented. I can do it, just not every day. It is streaming on Amazon prime, if anyone needs a hot weather workout. I like the 60 min classic workout much more than the 'body blast' workout.

I gained .4 pounds which could be my thyroid- I was out of meds for the past few days, could be normal fluctuation, or could be I ate too much. *sigh*. I am really torn between not weighing everyday and doing it.  On the one hand, it keeps me on track.  Otoh, I get grouchy when it is not down!!!

AmandaVT- I do that too- I make a mistake then make it worse. But yk at least you stopped yourself after  half a day (if even that). Sometimes I seriously can go off the wagon.

I should add in more exercise. 

Yay for all the water drinkers!  I gagged it down again this morning :-)

Well, I've had 2 weeks with no lost weight. WTH?? I am reassuring myself that no gain is as good as a loss because I was seeing a constant gain before I started trying. Stupid thyroid. I've heard about how people stall for a while and then lose a few pounds at once because of water retention and fat cells resisting change, so maybe that will be me. I have 2.5 weeks until we go to the beach and I really, really don't want to hear thinking really loudly, "What happened to you this year!" 

I agree stupid thyroids! I like your theory. I worry way too much about what others will think I hate the thought of people thinking I let myself go, silly as it is, I want to announce why yes I am bigger but my thyroid is totally messed up. I think perhaps this is a lesson in not thinking about such things.

Had you spent a lot of time at the weight you are now?  

I've read that they think our body puts a setpoint at a weight that we are stable at for a long time.  So, then as we lost weight we plateau at those numbers. I am at a plateau weight right now.  

Actually I didn't spend very long at this weight I seemed to fly right past it, perhaps that is part of it. Plateaus stink I hadn't really hit one yet so perhaps it is time.

Ugh, have to come in to confess - I ate a handful of mini reeses cups yesterday. I have my period and had some gnarly cramps yesterday and they were just sitting on my mom's desk when DS and I went to visit her at work. I wasn't even thinking, just picked a few up and ate them and then had a few more. Which, like it always does, led to over eating at dinner last night and now I'm mad at myself. I haven't gained any weight, so that's good at least. I washed and sliced up a bowl of strawberries and added blueberries and cherries to it and left it front and center in the fridge. So if I get a sweet or snacky craving today, I have a plan in place. I also washed and spun a head of lettuce and it's waiting to be made into a salad at lunch. I find that if I plan well, I eat well. And I'm not going to my mom's work today, so I don't have to worry about eating chocolates!

Well, today is a new day and at least you didn't gain so no set back. I've been snacking more myself as I'm at ovulation (I'm backward for some reason I eat less during my period) anyway I try to control it but it seems I eat a lot more then. 

Soror, I always go up a bit when my muscles are sore. Can you take a rest day and really hydrate?

The temps are down and I got a good night's sleep so I lost 2.5 lbs in 24 hours.

I am headed to ILs for a major 4th blowout. 

So, this time I am just doing barre. I might do Ballet Beautiful because that is 60 mins lying on a yoga mat. I can do the whole thing with a fan blowing on me. But IMO, that is the most boring workout ever invented. I can do it, just not every day. It is streaming on Amazon prime, if anyone needs a hot weather workout. I like the 60 min classic workout much more than the 'body blast' workout.

Ya for weight loss! Good luck with the party. I took an extra day off and I'm down a bit but who knows, could just be the thyroid meds. IMO I'd do a different workout I cannot abide by boring workouts.

I gained .4 pounds which could be my thyroid- I was out of meds for the past few days, could be normal fluctuation, or could be I ate too much. *sigh*. I am really torn between not weighing everyday and doing it.  On the one hand, it keeps me on track.  Otoh, I get grouchy when it is not down!!!

I feel the same about the scale. I was happy to see mine down a bit today when it had been up. I hate that it makes me grumpy. I do know that realistically we can fluctuate just from water weight and that is what I tell dh but it still annoys me!

I did some online research and I'm trying to figure out if my pain is sciatica or pelvic girdle pain which supposedly can send pain down the butt and legs which is my case. But none of the other descriptions for PGP match. I go back to the doctor in a couple weeks so I will bring it up but the article said even if it's the second, most doctors will often label it a sciatica issue. Hmm. I think it's sciatica.

Been drinking water, but not enough. The suggested amount seems like overkill lol

Sounds like sciatica but I'm not an expert I remember having that some while pregnant, total pitb! I don't measure water but I'm trying to drink more as I just don't think about it enough. Some sources say that you have to watch drinking too much so I'm just going for satiety.

Well, evidently I was retaining for whatever reason because I was up a zillion times peeing last night and my weight is almost back where it was. My cravings seemed to have finally passed. Dh is doing good, not much weight lost this week but he lost an inch on his waist, which is great, he is about 1-2 lbs away from the 10 lb mark. Right now I'm thinking losing I'll be happy with 6 lbs. Just ready to be done! Need to focus on the process and being healthy and healing, the rest should come.

OH, I've been trying to figure out a snack for dh and tried these fatbombs listed on another thread and we both love them. I'm hoping they work for me as they have nuts (almonds) in them and I've been avoiding nuts, hopefully they pass the trial. Anyway, I made these for dh to have for a quick breakfast- he doesn't usually eat but I thought this would be a great start to the day.

http://untilthethinladysings.blogspot.com/2012/04/fat-bombs-and-confession.html

I'm making the lemon coconut ones today:

http://untilthethinladysings.blogspot.com/2012/05/lemon-coconut-energy-bombs.html

We've got a party tomorrow and I think I'm bringing watermelon "cake" and chicken skewers so I have something good to eat.