Menu

Worthless Poll: Goonies or Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Pick One   

156 members have voted

1. 1. You have to watch a movie tonight. You have two choices.

• Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
    • The Goonies

I love Goonies!  Kids and a quest and pirates and treasure and a crime ring and puppy love and saving the house!

Bill and Ted..  I can no longer remember what it was about, but I remember after I saw it I was all... meh....

I can't believe you would post such a controversial poll. ;)

I hovered over Goonies, but Keanu made the decision clear. Bill and Ted it is.

Oh, yes, let's make it controversial!  Goonies is WAY better than Bill and Ted, and anyone who thinks differently can just bite me.  

While Bill and Ted is mildly entertaining, in a juvenile sort of way, but it doesn't have pirates, buried treasure, Sloth, One-Eyed Willie or Data and his wacky inventions.  It's pure adventure!  B&T is NOT excellent.  

There, let the controversy begin.  I refuse to be excellent to anyone who does not agree with my opinion.

I kid.  B&T is funny.

Oh, yes, let's make it controversial! Goonies is WAY better than Bill and Ted, and anyone who thinks differently can just bite me.

While Bill and Ted is mildly entertaining, in a juvenile sort of way, but it doesn't have pirates, buried treasure, Sloth, One-Eyed Willie or Data and his wacky inventions. It's pure adventure! B&T is NOT excellent.

There, let the controversy begin. I refuse to be excellent to anyone who does not agree with my opinion.

I kid. B&T is funny.

Well, there go the high heel cupcakes I was going to bake you. Although, Goonies is fantastic!

Oh, yes, let's make it controversial!  Goonies is WAY better than Bill and Ted, and anyone who thinks differently can just bite me.  

While Bill and Ted is mildly entertaining, in a juvenile sort of way, but it doesn't have pirates, buried treasure, Sloth, One-Eyed Willie or Data and his wacky inventions.  It's pure adventure!  B&T is NOT excellent.  

There, let the controversy begin.  I refuse to be excellent to anyone who does not agree with my opinion.

I kid.  B&T is funny.

But it has Billy the Kid, and gunfights and poker, and Socrates, princesses and castles and major ugly dudes, and ice cream and Napoleon and water slides, and Ghengis Khan, and Sigmund Freud, and Fred Beethoven, and Joan of Arc, and prehistoric telephone booths, and Abraham Lincoln, and trash cans. TOTALLY trumps Goonies. ::cheeky grin::

I watched Goonies again last year. Let's just say my inner movie critic has changed her views about its greatness quite a bit in the almost 30 years (!!! how can it have been so long ago?) since first seeing it in the theater. I do still love Cyndi Lauper, though.

I've only seen the Goonies.  Never saw the other one.

"The other one"????

:blink: :svengo:

You must watch Bill and Ted. The first hour is ok, the last half hour makes the whole movie worthwhile.

And there are so many quotable lines in Bill and Ted. Who quotes from Goonies? No one. :D

And which future character is more memorable--Samwise or Neo? Neo. Obviously.

I rest my case.

I bought ET not too long ago because the kids wanted to see it.  They couldn't even make it halfway through they found it so boring.  And I found it boring too.  But I do recall being impressed with it as a young kid.

I HATED ET as a kid. Hated it. With a passion. I could not figure out what all the other people saw in it and just figured they were dumb. Dumb boring movie.

"The other one"????

:blink: :svengo:

You must watch Bill and Ted. The first hour is ok, the last half hour makes the whole movie worthwhile.

And there are so many quotable lines in Bill and Ted. Who quotes from Goonies? No one. :D

And which future character is more memorable--Samwise or Neo? Neo. Obviously.

I rest my case.

I am a somebody LOL

I am a somebody LOL

Goonies never say die!

Rocky....Road?

I'm not a reject.

You can't hug a photograph.

This ain't the kind of place you wanna go to the bathroom

Ruth!  Ruth!  Baby! Ruth!

It's okay.  You're a Goonie and Goonie's mess up...just don't mess up any more.

And of course:

HEY YOU GUUUUUUYS!

Goonies never say die!

Rocky....Road?

I'm not a reject.

You can't hug a photograph.

This ain't the kind of place you wanna go to the bathroom

Ruth!  Ruth!  Baby! Ruth!

It's okay.  You're a Goonie and Goonie's mess up...just don't mess up any more.

And of course:

HEY YOU GUUUUUUYS!

:blink:

Other than "Hey you guys" (which I would not have recognized as being from Goonies)I have not ever heard or seen anyone quote any of those. But I can post "There is no spoon" on FB and be flooded with *likes*. :D

BOOM.

Bill & Ted is most heinous!  :laugh:

And, it is in the rare position of having a sequel that was even better than the original: Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey, in which Bill & Ted must best Death, 2 out of 3, playing Battleship, Clue, and Twister in order to return to life and defeat their evil robot twins, Evil Bill & Evil Ted. Awesome! 

Side note: Death looks like the Grim Reaper from Ingmar Bergman's famous existential film, Seventh Seal, in which a character plays a chess game against the Grim Reaper, hoping to delay his inevitable destiny.