Menu

If you could snap your fingers and invent one thing to make homeschooling easier for you...

A daily maid/cook. A servant basically.

How very politically correct!!! LMAO!!!

Oh...but it's true. 

If I had a person here to do all my cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking....oh the fun me and my children would have each and every day.

ETA: or just the ability to snap my fingers and do anything just like Bewitched. A bit of Molly Weasley's magic wouldn't hurt.

ETA: oh you wanted me to "invent" something. Maybe an instant knowledge hat that would put all basic math and lang arts skills into their brains so we can focus on content all day.

Well since hjffkj will be inventing the housecleaning robot, I will just buy one of hers and spend my time building my homeschooling room I want.  That is not really an invention, but it sure would make my homeschooling and life easier!  Right now we are using a bedroom for the schoolroom, but I really need the bedroom now, and I need somewhere else for school to go.

Piggybacking on plumshadow's idea, I'd add that we also wake up always on time with an overnight visit from the pixies, who not only cleaned the kitchen, but laid out fresh clothes for the new day.

Self cleaning bathrooms and self processing laundry would be hard to choose between.

Honestly, I do think the most helpful non universal innovation would be a picker-upper. Someone or some robot to follow behind us and just put our debris from the daily whirlwind of activities back into its proper places. I could handle the rest better if I didn't feel like I were running the same rat maze every day with the daily cleanup.

Some way to speed-iron clothing. Ugh! My least favorite chore!

I actually stopped buying clothes that need ironing a long time ago! Well, maybe once in a blue moon... But yeah, what a chore.

I think it's interesting nearly no one has mentioned anything to actually expedite the *schooling* part. I would add an automatic activity tracker. I could just vox into it what we did and it would add the data to a report that would satisfy anyone on the planet who might think they need to see our records. Of course it would also compile a stunning transcript complete with honors, service hours and extracurriculars.

I'll stick with the emerging theme and go for the indentured robot servant, which will be all fine n' dandy until they rise up in revolution...which always happens, ya know.

Well, don't make them too intelligent then. We need something smarter (and better) than a Roomba, but not as advanced as a Cylon.

A cook. I could handle the house and cleaning (with a little organization and help from my willing older two), but when we are eating as I feel we should be, the cooking just goes on and on and on . . . even when I'm organized and using freezer space and doing all the things that are supposed to help.

It's very practical, but a way to teach a foreign language cheaply and easily without having to hire an outside tutor and with me being hands off totally.  It's the thorn in my side right  now and I'm pretending it doesn't exist.  Unfortunately, I will only have a year of plugging my ears and going, "nananananan, I can't hear you!"

Beth

Well, don't make them too intelligent then. We need something smarter (and better) than a Roomba, but not as advanced as a Cylon.

True, but there's a fine line. You want a bot to understand a complex set of commands, and be adaptable enough to deal with the unexpected glitch in the course of its duties, yet not become conscious enough to realize how much its existence pretty much sucks. It has to be trusted with a chef's knife when this realization is included with its latest software update.

As for Cylons...can you imagine the Windex bill? Yikes.

Enough money so that I wouldn't have to do home daycare. DS8 wants to either play with them and not do school, or wants to spend so much time on school that I can't do anything with the youngers.... And a TV that only works at specific times. He learns so much by watching different things, but there's always something new that he just has to see.

House elves, robots, and indentured servants of all forms sound so delightful, but if I had to choose just one thing, it would have to be the ability to self-tinker. I would like to lay myself open on a workbench and fix what needs fixing. More patience, more creativity, more motivation, more selflessness, more wisdom . . . The house can be lacking and the meals uninspired, so long as I am not :)

I'll go with the house-elf. Or maybe the self-cleaning house. I'm so tired of school and housework having to be either/or. And when the house gets to a certain point...I just can't do school work anymore. 

I've been thinking lately that I need a way to step outside time for several hours. Then I can catch up on sleep for as long as I need every day, wake up refreshed and ready to face the world, and step back into time the second I left. :)