Menu

Who is Older-- You or Your Spouse?

mathmarm

338 members have voted

1. 1. Who is Older -- Your or Your Spouse

• Wife
    • Husband
    • Neither We Have the Same Birthdate

Hubby asked me to pose this question to the community, he would like the data for one of his classes. If we could get 100 replies, that would be much appreciated.

ETA: I changed the poll options to be Husband or Wife, because there are a few dads on the boards also, so "Me" and "My Spouse" isn't very clear.

Dh is 17 years older than I. (Yes, 17!) And he is several inches shorter than I am.

Dh is 12.5 years older.  Which is only weird when we talk about where we were when the Challenger exploded (he was in the Navy, I was in 2nd grade  :huh: )

When President Kennedy was assassinated, I was 4-1/2 years old. Dh was set to get married to his first wife that weekend, and there was talk of postponing the wedding out of respect. 

DH is 10 years and 1 1/2 months older than me and I constantly remind him he "caught a youngin'..." :smilielol5:

And I often stare at him blankly when he mentions something from his teen years.....if I recall it, I'll say "oh, I think I was in kindy when my uncle used to listen to that (or that movie came out or whatever)" !!

Oh and my mom and dad had the same age difference, 10 years, and everyone always used to ask me if my dad was my grandpa, so I swore I would never marry someone that old ....yeah that didn't work out. :laugh: .. (but we did have our kids younger than my parents did)

DH is three years older than me. I always assumed that the male was always older or the couple was the same age. The only exception that I knew of were my grandparents. She was a year older than him. But they were in the same year in college, where they met, as he was being accelerated by the Navy during WWII. She took the train from Kansas to Boston so hey could get married when he came of age on his 21st birthday.

I love harping on my husband some times :)

He says "listened to this song at prom/homecoming, etc".

I say "I was in a diaper".

:P

DH is 10 years and 1 1/2 months older than me and I constantly remind him he "caught a youngin'..." :smilielol5:

And I often stare at him blankly when he mentions something from his teen years.....if I recall it, I'll say "oh, I think I was in kindy when my uncle used to listen to that (or that movie came out or whatever)" !!

Oh and my mom and dad had the same age difference, 10 years, and everyone always used to ask me if my dad was my grandpa, so I swore I would never marry someone that old ....yeah that didn't work out. :laugh: .. (but we did have our kids younger than my parents did)

I am three years older, but no one believes me, lol. I have always looked younger than my years.

Despite the mere 3 months between us, most people think Trap is about 10 years older than I.

I have a round face, making me look younger than I am, and he has spent his entire life working outdoors, so he had wrinkles and deep lines by the time he was 25.  ;)

Hubby says a big thanks to everyone for all of the replies! You'll may keep voting and replying for as long as you like! Hubby didn't expect so many replies so quickly and doesn't need the data until Jan 23rd--he was surprised when I told him there were nearly 300 replies and 50+ responces! So a huge thanks to everyone for all the replies-- Keep 'em coming for as long as you like!!

I am older by four months - to the day.  Was born June 27.  Hubby on Oct. 27.  Decades alter - twins on Sept. 27.

Then the dds had to go mess up and not be on the 27th of their months. ;-)

Of the seven people in our household, three were born in July and three were born on the 19th of their birth month.