Menu

So am I the only one Scroogy enough to want to....

Tranquility7

... put away all the Christmas decorations already?!  Yes, at 3:15 on Christmas Day :lol:

We had our big-ish extended family shindig here last night, so today is just a quiet day with DH, DS, DD, and me.  I'm ready to clean up and relax (actually, clean up and get started on my lengthy post-Christmas To Do List is more like it!).  I'm having to sit on my hands to keep from pulling all the decorations off the tree already! :blushing:

No, no! I hated it when we visited Mil and Fil out of town. We usually stayed at a hotel and came back on the 26th for leftovers for our good-bye meal and the tree was gone. Every trace of Christmas was gone. We only have a limited number of Christmases in our lifetime. Let's celebrate them all to the hilt! :)

All our stuff was cleaned up and put away as of about 2:30 p.m. (eastern time).  The Christmas tree had stopped taking water almost a week ago, and all you had to do was look at it and needles would drop like crazy.  Some of the branches were completely bare.  Never had one do that before.  So out it went.  And we decided to go ahead and put everything else away at the same time.

Well, I did haul all the trash into the garage, did dishes and moved furniture to its rightful place. I may put it up tomorrow because I want it all ready to return to the attic on dh's off day Friday. Can't leave it a full other week. My MawMaw always said to have your house back in order, pantry and fridge full before the first or you'll always be looking back the following year (whatever that means lol )

I'm right there with you!  Only thing is, my mom is a "leave it up until February" person and she is here with us!!  In a week or so I will start putting away one or two decorations a day until only the tree is left (Have to do is secretly because the kids will tell on me to my mom!)  Tree will be up for a while yet...none of them want to take it down!

I really want to put it all away. I have managed to dig in and be a fun mom for over Christmas and not act like I hate it all as much as I do. We decorated, we baked, we played games, we made messes, and yes, it was kinda fun mostly because the kids were loving it. But now it's done and I want to be able to put it all away and be done with it. I want to get on with life now. We still have one more get together in two days but they might not even come to my house, they usually just go to my in laws and we visit there. So it should be alright if I put it all away. I think by the end of tomorrow there will be no sign of the holidays in our house anymore.

I came in tonight and wanted to take it all down, but had too much to throw away and clean up from 8 children today getting ready to go to celebrate. 

I will take our TINY tree down tomorrow and just clean the floors and work on laundry.

I decided to keep the mantle and piano decorated for another week or so.  I like the lights at night, and hope to find a nice

nativity scene on sale now to put out for awhile too... even when the garland and wreaths are put up.

I'm with Heather... A birthday right after Christmas means a shift out of holiday mode. DS has his birthday on Friday. He doesn't mind if the tree is up for a while, but I'm already out of Christmas mode, LOL!

I will never forget the Christmas I was near the end of pregnancy... I'd been having contractions for more than a week off and on, went in for my checkup on the 26th, and my NP said lets induce you tomorrow. So we dashed home and put all the Christmas stuff away that afternoon, knowing if we didn't, once the baby was here it might have been months before we got to it!! :) I'm not quite in THAT much of a rush this year!

We don't put ours up until late in the season - got it on the 20th this year and decorated it on the 21st - so I'm okay with having it up for a while. My house is okay for now - I did a good pick up and tidy sweep yesterday afternoon. DH has today and Friday off from work and they wouldn't be very vacation-like if I made him clean everything up. Today and tomorrow are for playing with new toys with our kids, going to a movie, eating leftovers and generally not working.

I will clean up slowly next week and let him put things into the attic before NewYear's. 

But I totally understand the desire to have your house back!  ;)