Menu

Picture Perfect? I may have pictured you all wrong

Bensmom

At the Cincy get-together, I had a couple people tell me I didn't look like they had imagined. I'll admit, when I was younger I totally did look like my avatar. That's not why I loved the painting, I am just a huge Bouguereau fan. But I did (other than my real nose being pointy), and now my hair is short and I'm old. lol

Haha, and I thought you did look just like your avatar!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the hair! It's very Alex Kingston. I would love to have that hair but mine would never curl like that.

I agree. My 8 yo has hair just like yours! I'm jealous because mine all grew out years ago and is more annoyingly wavy than anything.

Garga- LOVE your blog, and you do have amazing cheekbones!

I'll edit to post my pic in a minute.

I picture you as Pakistani - because of the name.

LOL. Not at all. I'm mixed with black, white, and Native American. Everyone says I look like I'm from India and is always surprised to hear what I am. I've been accused of lying, even.

Guest inoubliable

Do explain.

What's to explain? You seem conservative. I have nothing else to go on. Ann Coulter comes to mind.

What's to explain? You seem conservative. I have nothing else to go on. Ann Coulter comes to mind.

She's an idiot. Insult taken.

:huh:

“I don’t care if she knew about this,†Coulter told Sean Hannity, the host of the Fox News show. “She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab.â€

Coulter took another swipe at immigration reform referring to it as “your pal Mario Rubio’s amnesty bill,†in a comment directed at Hannity.

He pointed out that Florida senator’s first name is actually Marco.

Really?

Guest inoubliable

“I don’t care if she knew about this,†Coulter told Sean Hannity, the host of the Fox News show. “She ought to be in prison for wearing a hijab.â€

Coulter took another swipe at immigration reform referring to it as “your pal Mario Rubio’s amnesty bill,†in a comment directed at Hannity.

He pointed out that Florida senator’s first name is actually Marco.

Really?

I don't watch/listen to Fox News so I wouldn't have heard that. Sorry.

What do you picture me like? My avatar and name do give away much at all.

She's an idiot. Insult taken.

Umm... when you come right out and ask for someone's opinion, there's no reason to get snotty when you don't like what you hear. While I personally don't agree with much of anything Ann Coulter says or does, she certainly is a well educated, beautiful woman whose height of 6' makes this petite grandmother jealous at times. Maybe you could find a positive in there somewhere?

Umm... when you come right out and ask for someone's opinion, there's no reason to get snotty when you don't like what you hear. While I personally don't agree with much of anything Ann Coulter says or does, she certainly is a well educated, beautiful woman whose height of 6' makes this petite grandmother jealous at times. Maybe you could find a positive in there somewhere?

That is why I asked her to explain. I just wanted to know if that played a role. Didn't mean to sound snotty. Sorry!

While I am educated and beautiful *wink*, I don't look like her. I'm mixed (as stated earlier), petite/short (5'2), mother of four, 31 years old. Obviously conservative Christian as she pointed out.

To be fair, Ann Coulter is a pretty nasty, offensive person. Most people would probably not take to kindly to any kind of comparison to her. I don't think it's surprising that Jinnah would take it the way she did. I also think it shows a remarkable sense of good taste that she did get offended. :D

Jinnah - I picture a serene woman in a headscarf. With blue skin. :D Because of your avatar I think.

I hope these don't come out too huge. I do not, in fact, look like a bean.

This is what I looked like about 5 years ago.

And this was the end of last summer, when my baby was only a week or so old!

Those were the only two pictures I could find of myself where I'm actually looking at the camera. I'm always taking pictures of everyone, so I rarely end up on the other side of the camera.

To be fair, Ann Coulter is a pretty nasty, offensive person. Most people would probably not take to kindly to any kind of comparison to her. I don't think it's surprising that Jinnah would take it the way she did. I also think it shows a remarkable sense of good taste that she did get offended. :D

Jinnah - I picture a serene woman in a headscarf. With blue skin. :D Because of your avatar I think.

I'm still thinking it was a jab, because people know how she is, but whatever. I'm just going to let it go.

That's a funny impression you have of me. Love it.

I look like that. <<<<. I had a couple different avatars before I put up the photo, but I sometimes regret putting up the photo. I can't decide if I want to be up-front or mysterious. Now that I'm up-front, I wish I was mysterious again. But I'm afraid I won't be able to get the avatar to work with this "new" board, so I'm scared to try and change it. I don't want to end up with the dreaded grey silhouette.

Awww! Thank you! You are so beautiful. This is what a FAIR farmhand lookes like indeed! :)

I always love reading your posts and now I have an actual picture.

You are obviously much prettier than a grasshopper. But now I will be confused because I start attaching names to avatars.

And yes, for the record, I am purple talking owl.

well, thanks. :)

And so sorry that you will be so confused now.

Bah. I cannot seem to get a photo to upload today. I had to embed them in a doc file and then take a screen capture of it. Technology... :glare:

So anway, here's the most recent "me", taken 2 weeks ago tomorrow with DS19 and my new!DD before their wedding.

You look beautiful in that shade of purple! Congratulations on your son's recent wedding.

[Edited to remove photo]

I agree. My 8 yo has hair just like yours! I'm jealous because mine all grew out years ago and is more annoyingly wavy than anything.

Garga- LOVE your blog, and you do have amazing cheekbones!

I'll edit to post my pic in a minute.

IMG_6012_zps7098c279.jpg

And me post-haircut nursing a toddler on top of a rock formation at Garden of the Gods this past weekend. I've been covering my hair because it's in that awkward growing out phase. Please excuse the squinty staring into the sun picture.

IMG_7024_zps7a2949e8.jpg

Wow, you really DO look like a Bouguereau girl!

I even have the huge feet to match. :p No, seriously. My poor girls are doomed, because I'm pretty sure my relatives are responsible for all of the Sasquatch footprints found in the USA.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm rather liberal myself, but do I picture a lot of our liberal posters as looking like James Carville. :D

Ok, I'm very, very, very liberal. But I don't have cable and have absolutely no idea who James Carville is.

Awww! Thank you! You are so beautiful. This is what a FAIR farmhand lookes like indeed! :)

I always love reading your posts and now I have an actual picture.

oh and the fair in my name is actually a double entendre. See, around here on the farm, I am notoriously klutzy and inept. I do help somewhat, but I'm not that great. Dh tells me that even though I am a fair (as in mediocre) farmhand, I am definitely quite a girl.

The reference is from an Andy Griffith show from way back. It's called Ellie Saves a Female.

Here is a summary:

"Frances "Frankie" Flint is the daughter of a local farmer. When she comes into Walker's Drugstore admiring the make-up and perfume, Ellie decides to find out why she's so shy and so unadorned. It turns out that Frankie is an only child and the only help her father has to tend his farm. Therefore, she's more accustomed to wearing work clothes and dressing more like a boy instead of like a girl. Ellie decides to give Frankie some things like makeup and perfume, despite Andy's warning that it would be butting in. Andy drives Ellie out the Flint farm, where she is rejected by Mr. Flint. After learning what happened, Barney brags that he would have stood up to Mr. Flint and got some results. Ellie puts Barney to the test and before he knows it, he is on his way to the farm. But rather than confronting Mr. Flint, he sneaks Frankie away and brings her back to town. Ellie and Frankie show up at the courthouse little, and neither Andy or Barney recognize Frankie. Thanks to Ellie, some cosmetics, and a new hairdo, Frankie is transformed into a beautiful lady. When Andy and Ellie take Frankie back home, her father doesn't recognize her either. He admits that she is beautiful, but proceeds explains that Frankie is the only help he has on the farm. Andy then suggests to Mr. Flint that Frankie the farmhand might be decent help, but that he's not utilizing his daughter to her full potential. His theory is that if Frankie were to get married, then there would be a son-in-law to help on the farm. Mr. Flint eventually sees Andy's point."

The quote at the end of the show goes like this... "While Frankie is a fair farm hand, it appears that Frances is quite a girl!"

Yes, it's a little sexist, but it is a cute thing, and it applies on our farm because I am not a great help around here. Always dropping things, messing stuff up and letting cows out. :)

well, thanks. :)

And so sorry that you will be so confused now.

I am glad that we can change our names and avatars on this new board. I just get lazy and start looking at the avatar instead of the name so I keep thinking there are always new people, lol.

My hair has it's own life force. I've given up trying to control it,

Well.... I'm not posting a pic (shy, dontcha know), but you and I have the same hair. My children call it The Hair. As in, another living entity. It's been raining for a week here. What do you think my hair looks like today, Paula? And how did that coastal Texas heat and humidity work for ya? I've lived in MO, though, and in the summer it's not much better for a Curly Girl.

I never use shampoo. That seems to help. Wash with conditioner, condition with more conditioner. Then, more conditioner. LOL. We should invest in Nexus stock. I haven't had a hair cut in almost two years. The spirulini are finally getting longer. For a while, we thought about changing our homeschool name to Lion's Mane Academy. I'm the opposite of James Carville in more ways than one. ;)

But do you have the Kung Fu mentality? :)

Sadly, I have no Kung Fu. I have no dedication to the martial arts whatsoever. I've quit Aikido at blue belt TWICE. The first time I was pregnant with my oldest. The second time I quit because it was getting more intense past that level and I was afraid I'd become injured and unable to bellydance. Is that a hardcore excuse or what? My husband was the Aikido instructor the second time around. ðŸ˜

Guest inoubliable

Actually KK, I thought you looked like a nice combo of Christina Ricci and Winona Ryder in your pics.

Thank you! :)

My avatar picture is me. I am actually older than all of you, just eternally youthful.

In reality, with actress comparisons i usually get referenced to shiri appleby or a cross between Anne Hathaway and Emanuelle Chriqui (though i think the latter case is being very generous). Hathaway is the comparison I get the most but i assume the other references are due to shared ethnic background.

I meet people in Zumba that "remind" me of some of you. Parrothead (Chucki) is a very thin Asian woman with her hair in a ponytail. I know that she's actually not like that at all but there is something about this woman's personality that reminds me of Chucki!

Here you go Jean. Thin Asian woman was what brought me out of hiding. I'm going back into hiding now, but will come back to delete the photo soon.

ICON_parrot3_zpsba68b6f6.jpg

Put a hat and sunglasses on me and a margarita in my hand and I look just like my avatar.