Menu

He's kidding right? Please say he's kidding.

Remudamom

My bil just came by and dropped off a book he wants me to read. The title is "Exo-Vaticana". Judging from the cover (yeah, I know, don't judge a book) it looks like it is about aliens attacking the Vatican.

He says "This REALLY happened." Dh is wondering if he is the only sane person in his family.

This is what happens when I whine that I have nothing to read.

We're not even Catholic. I'm not sure about this!

Awesome!

Do you know the untold hours of fun you could have with this? I mean, this could keep me amused for years.

Get him to start a letter campaign. Wear special hats. Find out how to contact the aliens. Wonder if the horses could contact the aliens.

Yep, I've decided there is only one way to deal with this. Read it, profess to believe every word, recommend The X Files as a fabulous documentary and see where it goes.

Gotta be careful though. HIs wife is an out of this world cook (pun intended) and I wouldn't want to get myself un-invited to any meals!!!

You know, another really good documentary is "Signs" with Mel Gibson. With the added plus that Mel plays a Catholic priest so that ties in with the book.

None of you Catholics out there take this personally, I'm only jesting about bil, not you. Unless of course, you know something you aren't telling.

You know, another really good documentary is "Signs" with Mel Gibson. With the added plus that Mel plays a Catholic priest so that ties in with the book.

None of you Catholics out there take this personally, I'm only jesting about bil, not you. Unless of course, you know something you aren't telling.

Excuse me, but he's playing an Episcopalian. LOL--there are so few of us represented in film I can't let it slide....

The History Channel's Ancient Aliens is a factual documentary show. Right?! ;)

My kids love that show! Except we always forget it exists. We're pretty bad at this sort of thing, I guess. We also forget to wear our tinfoil hats.

My kids love that show! Except we always forget it exists. We're pretty bad at this sort of thing, I guess. We also forget to wear our tinfoil hats.

We love it too. I have only watched a couple, but my children, especially the older ones, love to watch it. The marathon showings are quite popular here.

Excuse me, but he's playing an Episcopalian. LOL--there are so few of us represented in film I can't let it slide....

Oh wow, that's right. I should have known that I grew up Episcopalian! Presb. now.

Chris- when our oldest was about four he came home from a playmate and announced he wanted to be Baptist. When I asked him why he said "Cause I can't say Piscopalain!"

As for the sanity thing- insanity doesn't run in dh's family, it strolls through and takes it's time to get to know them. (my side too probably!)

Okay, our library has 4 copies on order, so I put a hold on it. Too bad I'm not one of the first 4; frankly, I'm pretty sure by the time it's my turn I'll have forgotten why I put a hold on it.

In the meantime, there are entire websites and YouTube videos about this. Very cheesy, very entertaining, much more interesting than grading grammar and algebra.

Nothing like a good conspiracy theory to perk up my day. The alien angle is such a bonus.

Brother Guy (the curator of meteorites for the Vatican) has a whole folder of clippings about aliens and the Vatican or the Pope. Wait maybe Brother Guy is an alien. The whole meteorite thing is just a ruse. Those telescopes on the Castle Gandolfo are actually to spot the mother ship. It all makes sense now.

And I thought I believe in weird things.....this is even outside my realm of weirdness.

Reading the amazon reviews, and feeling a little freaked out. All these reviewers seem to be jumping on the bandwagon of this book. What a kooky thing.

*shakes head* I need to go find caffeine. Reading that stuff is causing my levels to drop alarmingly, and if I don't find some sugar or caffeine soon, I may start believing it, strip my clothes off and run round the fields hysterically laughing and clutching my tinfoil radio.

Well, I love the X-Files, I'm Catholic, and I need a laugh, so you may have just given me my vacation book! :laugh: I wonder if my library has it...they never have any of the serious things I request, ....so probably. :huh:

I was a huge X-Files fan too, till one particular episode I saw that always makes me nauseous and gives me the heeby jeebies (whoever thought up that episode needs therapy). S4E2 "Home". It's just wrong. Ugh, my stomach is doing flip-flops now.

I was a huge X-Files fan too, till one particular episode I saw that always makes me nauseous and gives me the heeby jeebies (whoever thought up that episode needs therapy). S4E2 "Home". It's just wrong. Ugh, my stomach is doing flip-flops now.

I knew which episode you were talking about before you said it! I was such an X-Files geek. My love for it fizzled when Mulder left though.

I knew which episode you were talking about before you said it! I was such an X-Files geek. My love for it fizzled when Mulder left though.

Ha! I knew which episode you meant, too. Yeah, that one was awful. I miss that show!

Scully: "There's something up there, Mulder."

Mulder: "I've been saying that for years." ;)

• 2 months later...

Hey, I just got this from the library, and it's awesome!  All sorts of conspiracy theories wrapped up in a big ball of aliens!  More parenthetical asides than even I make!  

I think it says somewhere in the prologue or intro that reading it will change my life priorities.  So far it's enabled me to avoid figuring out the science schedule for the upcoming year, so they're right about that.  After all, I'm discovering what braneworld hypothesis, Bigfoot, GMOs and Our Lady of Fatima have in common -- who has time for  trivial matters like, well, anything else.

My bil just came by and dropped off a book he wants me to read. The title is "Exo-Vaticana". Judging from the cover (yeah, I know, don't judge a book) it looks like it is about aliens attacking the Vatican.

He says "This REALLY happened." Dh is wondering if he is the only sane person in his family.

This is what happens when I whine that I have nothing to read.

We're not even Catholic. I'm not sure about this!

It's true.  I read it on the internet.

AMDG

Anglican priest. :001_smile: 

I just checked it out on Amazon and it sounds like a hoot!  If we weren't PCSing next week, I'd get it from the library (I'm certainly not paying for it), so if I remember, I'll have to see if the library at our new place has it.  Tin foil hats for all!  And cupcakes.  Everyone knows aliens like cupcakes and will be merciful to those who bring them in offering. 

I just checked it out on Amazon and it sounds like a hoot! If we weren't PCSing next week, I'd get it from the library (I'm certainly not paying for it), so if I remember, I'll have to see if the library at our new place has it. Tin foil hats for all! And cupcakes. Everyone knows aliens like cupcakes and will be merciful to those who bring them in offering.

I for one welcome our new Cupcake Overlords.

My dad sits on his porch and takes pics of UFO's. Then he emails them to me. He once called someone to get them published and the person asked if he wanted to remain anonymous. My dad said, Heck No!! I don't care if the government knows I'm on to them!!!

My first thought after he told me this story was how did he know who to call? If I saw what I thought was a UFO and actually got a picture of it, I am not sure who to call to get it published, and why would I want it published?

I just checked it out on Amazon and it sounds like a hoot! If we weren't PCSing next week, I'd get it from the library (I'm certainly not paying for it), so if I remember, I'll have to see if the library at our new place has it. Tin foil hats for all! And cupcakes. Everyone knows aliens like cupcakes and will be merciful to those who bring them in offering.

As long as it's not during Lent.