Menu

SOCIAL GROUP: Bible Believing Conservative Christians

caroljenn

Just out of curiosity.

At what age would you start getting your Dd involved in helping you at a women's homelsess shelter? We wouldn't be working directly with the guests but doing more behind the scenes housekeeping type work.

I would say 8 or 9 maybe? I don't have one that age (a girl, anyway) so I'm not 100% sure, but that sounds about right to me. :)

Good morning! I have trouble finding time to come post here.

Would like prayers please. We have been part of a small church for many years. I met the pastor at a Christian group thing years before we ever lived close to his church. We are the youngest in the church. Only a few other kids(younger than mine). So we have Sunday service and that is it. I am torn about kids programs. My ds will say he doesn't want one. I have a lot of reservations about youth groups and being his age i know that's the next step. So staying makes sense. But the church as a whole seems to have lost it's fire. Less hand raising. Less moving testimonies. Less people there and it's noticeable.

I love the sermons. Music depends on who's singing that day. A lot of things I liked have changed. My heart is torn. The family doesn't care about going anymore either. So it's obvious I am not the only one feeling something is amiss in our church life. But none of us really want to leave and do the bigger church options either.

We have home churched before. I need prayer that God lead us to where we should be to learn more about Him and find more service opportunities. My pastor has seen us leave and come back before, so he's patient with my troubled heart. Would like intersession here in hopes God will speak louder than I can hear right now. thanks

Will be praying. As a total supporter of childrens ministry and youth ministry, I definitely see the value in a church that has those things. But they aren't for everyone, and not every church has them or needs them to do well. I hope that you and your family find some peace in your situation soon.

Pray for us as well. Things in our life are going very well, but there's a little bit of a feeling like we're anticipating something. We just don't know what. :tongue_smilie: Like it feels like we're going to need to or want to turn a corner soon, but we don't know what that means for us. So just pray for us for wisdom and clarity, if you don't mind. :)

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prayer - I pray to talk to God. I hope that doesn't sound too simplistic. I just pray all the time - much of it stream of consciousness quick prayers as I go through my day - might be a "Lord, please help me with this.", might be a "Lord, thank you", might be a "what a wonderful sunset, Lord!" or a "please help this board member." I do pray more formally at times. As far as depending on someone, I think God has given me my chronic pain problems to show me that I do need to depend on Him. And He gives me pain free days to show me that I still need to depend on Him even on the good days. ;)

Just wanted to say hey and I've been reading and remembering all the prayer request - It has got me thinking about the reason for prayer. Why do we pray? Do we only pray for help? Do we pray to worship and thank the Lord? I've read that many think that prayer to a deity we can't see makes us weak or delusional.

I'm a pretty strong willed person and really don't like to depend on anyone. I guess you see from my earlier post about my conversion if was letting go of my need to control everything that lead me to a spirit-filled life.

I know you ladies feel different. I know that no matter how upset I am prayer gives me peace

I wonder if any of you have had a "prompting from the holy spirit to pray" I'm not sure if that the best way to explain it. I've had this happen several times "out of the blue" THe most recent was early this morning. I had this women who I knew as a young girl we churched and went to school to together. I haven't seen, talk or though about he in 25 years. I just had this overwhelming need to pray for her peace and comfort. I don't know anything about her present life. I may never no why but because of previous experiences I wonder if she is sick or dying.

THis happen before about 10 years ago. I had a girl I went to school with she and I didn't get along. The girl pretty much bullied me one summer. I saw her at the store or something a few times after graduation but then not since so some 10 year later - I was woken up with this over whelming need to pray for her. I mean honestly I didn't like this girl in school we werent' friends but I just felt like I should pray for her peace, comfort, pain. I did for several hours that night before I felt release (lifting of the burden) I don't know if I'm explaining it right. Then the need was just gone. I went back to my hometown for christmas that year and found out she died that night (that I was praying) of breast cancer.

welcome to my wondering, rambling mind today

I hope today his full of peace and joy for you. I'm off to work in the yard on this beautiful sunny spring like day. God Bless you!

Caffe, I think prayer is a kind of fruit from a relationship with God. I spend a lot of time in prayer during the day, but in snippets. I say a quick prayer for people I see on the street if I feel led, our church has little stickers you put on your car and we are supposed to pray for each other when we see those, I pray for family members, friends, cyber-friends, myself, etc. whenever I think about it. I tend to do better this way than if I set aside a certain time to pray (when I do this, I forget what I wanted to pray for or about). I think prayer is powerful. I feel better after I've prayed about something, and I know God is listening and cares, so that makes me feel better too.

Hooe you have a wonderful day in your garden!

I wonder if any of you have had a "prompting from the holy spirit to pray" I'm not sure if that the best way to explain it. I've had this happen several times "out of the blue" THe most recent was early this morning. I had this women who I knew as a young girl we churched and went to school to together. I haven't seen, talk or though about he in 25 years. I just had this overwhelming need to pray for her peace and comfort. I don't know anything about her present life. I may never no why but because of previous experiences I wonder if she is sick or dying.

THis happen before about 10 years ago. I had a girl I went to school with she and I didn't get along. The girl pretty much bullied me one summer. I saw her at the store or something a few times after graduation but then not since so some 10 year later - I was woken up with this over whelming need to pray for her. I mean honestly I didn't like this girl in school we werent' friends but I just felt like I should pray for her peace, comfort, pain. I did for several hours that night before I felt release (lifting of the burden) I don't know if I'm explaining it right. Then the need was just gone. I went back to my hometown for christmas that year and found out she died that night (that I was praying) of breast cancer.

I get the urge to pray for random people out of the blue, but never find out why. Your story is encouraging.

Just wanted to say hey and I've been reading and remembering all the prayer request - It has got me thinking about the reason for prayer. Why do we pray? Do we only pray for help? Do we pray to worship and thank the Lord? I've read that many think that prayer to a deity we can't see makes us weak or delusional.

I'm a pretty strong willed person and really don't like to depend on anyone. I guess you see from my earlier post about my conversion if was letting go of my need to control everything that lead me to a spirit-filled life.

I know you ladies feel different. I know that no matter how upset I am prayer gives me peace

welcome to my wondering, rambling mind today

I hope today his full of peace and joy for you. I'm off to work in the yard on this beautiful sunny spring like day. God Bless you!

I have had that happen before. I had a dream about a friend and upon waking felt a very strong need to pray for her.

Howdy!

I'm participating in the 52 Weeks 52 Books Challenge this year and my New Year's Resolution is to read what are popularly considered 20th Century Classics. I would like to add Christian authors too. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis is the next on my list. What are some deep, serious, meaty books similar to that that I should add to my list? Any authors to zero in on?

Thanks!

I would totally recommend Deitrich Bonhoeffer's (sp?) The Cost of Discipleship. It's alot like Lewis in that you can't zip through it quickly. You have to slow down and take it in. He is answering the question of what it means to be a Christian in the modern world. He was murdered by the Nazis toward the end of WW2.

I would totally recommend Deitrich Bonhoeffer's (sp?) The Cost of Discipleship. It's alot like Lewis in that you can't zip through it quickly. You have to slow down and take it in. He is answering the question of what it means to be a Christian in the modern world. He was murdered by the Nazis toward the end of WW2.

Thanks, sounds like a good read!

I really loved The Cost of Discipleship. DH introduced me to it in Bible college years ago, but I didn't really read it until recently.

Prayer for me is an ongoing conversation with God. Lately it has been a bit hard, especially for me to take time out to listen, really listen, to what God is trying to tell me.

I could really use some prayers right now. My youngest, who is 7, is having a lot of problems right now. He has anger issues. He is diagnosed with ADHD and ODD, neither of which I am totally on board with. But he is having outbursts during the day. Yesterday his tantrum and anger lasted for three and half hours. I am not exaggerating. It has been really hard on our whole family. He has been in counseling for several months and I am not seeing a lot of progress. I am feeling very discouraged right now, although today so far has been going better.

I really loved The Cost of Discipleship. DH introduced me to it in Bible college years ago, but I didn't really read it until recently.

Prayer for me is an ongoing conversation with God. Lately it has been a bit hard, especially for me to take time out to listen, really listen, to what God is trying to tell me.

I could really use some prayers right now. My youngest, who is 7, is having a lot of problems right now. He has anger issues. He is diagnosed with ADHD and ODD, neither of which I am totally on board with. But he is having outbursts during the day. Yesterday his tantrum and anger lasted for three and half hours. I am not exaggerating. It has been really hard on our whole family. He has been in counseling for several months and I am not seeing a lot of progress. I am feeling very discouraged right now, although today so far has been going better.

Praying for you :grouphug:

Prayer for me these days is more of an ongoing thing. Throughout the day I talk to Him and make an effort to praise Him for all of the good. It has really helped me feel closer to Him which was what I was seeking. My favorite thing to do is to our local Christian radio station while I clean. Listening/praising/thinking/singing about Him also brings a feeling of closeness.

Adding your on prayer list. Have you considered medicine? I was against medicating my dd for adhd, but it has helped. A lot. We're told that she "may" be able to outgrow this phase and no longer need the med b/c she'll mature and learn how to cope/handle things. If you do decide to use medicine, I can't stress enough how it may be prudent for you to consider a "non-stimulant" adhd med. My dd was on a stimulant adhd med and it made her aggressive/worse, etc. She's on a non-stim adhd med now to help her focus and it's made a big, big difference for the better. HTH!

I am glad to see this group. I don't post on these boards much...well, at all anymore. This is the type of board/group that I am needing. My life is so busy right now with homeschooling and prepping children for college as well as having a preschooler running around. I really just don't have time to wade through all the stuff on the boards, so reading, praying, and posting here will be a relief. :hurray:

About praying, mine is talking and listening as my day goes along. God prompts me to pray for others, with scriptures to look into, with loving things to do for my family, etc. It is just an ongoing conversation. About the promptings, I have discovered that when I ask for Him to show me how/when to pray for others, He is very quick to answer that prayer and will regularly show me how to pray for someone. He very specifically gave me scripture for a friend this past week, and when I gave it to her, it was a day that it was very needed for her. Last year, upon seeing the picture of one of my friend's sons, who lives 10 hours from here, I was burdened for him for days. I couldn't get him off my mind and prayed for him constantly. I called her just to see how things were, and found he was deep into drugs at that point and she was sick with worry. It was nice to understand, finally, why I was so burdened for him. I hate to admit the number of times I've felt burdened for someone and felt my busyness too great to take the time to pray. :crying:

I'm way behind on anything on these boards, but loowit, I am praying for your son!!!

Also, deep books, I don't know if this counts, but it is one of my absolute favorite by C.S. Lewis: The Great Divorce. If you've never read it, it has nothing to do with divorce. :laugh: It is actually a picture of heaven and hell but a lot in how we choose to live now. It takes time to chew on it, but there were so many "Oh, I'm just like that" moments!!" I saw me in so many of the wrong daily decisions. It was convicting, deep, funny...

As far as feeling the urge to pray for someone, or being burdened, my family has experienced this a lot. They get dreams, "feelings", etc. and thats when everyone prays. Its amazing how accurate they are, much like the stories here.

I had something like that happen once. We were in the car on the way to our Florida condo and I was sleeping in the back seat. I had a horrible dream that my daughter was under the water right in front of me (she couldn't swim at this age) and I wanted to grab her but something was holding my arms. The dream upset me so much that I told my aunt about it. It was the worst dream Ive ever had and it still gets me emotional.

So the first day at the condo we are all swimming and having a good time. Dd got out of the pool to giver my mom her water wings. She said she was tired of swimming. She was with my mom so I turned around (in the pool) to talk to my aunt. A couple minutes later I realize dd is being quiet, I turn to look for her, I see my mom but no dd. I panic. Then I see that she had gotten back in the pool and is under the water about 10 ft from me. (If you have ever tried to run in the pool you know how incredibly slow you are--it felt like it was minutes before I reached her, of course it wasn't) I pulled her out and she was fine. Thank God.

It sounds crazy but I didn't make the connection with the dream until my aunt said "Oh my gosh, you just dreamed that!" I cried like a crazy lady! Whew.. that was the first time anything like that has ever happened to me. I am so thankful to Him for sending us warnings or giving us clues as to who/what we need to pray about.

Hi, all.

Sorry to jump in and disrupt any ongoing conversations, but I have a request for prayer. I'd rather not post it on the Chat board since the place is being a bit anti-Christian right now.

For the first time this winter my cold urticaria is acting up to the point that meds aren't controlling it like they are supposed to. I'm medicated and bundled to the point I look like the Michelin man. If you don't mind saying a prayer for some relief I'd appreciate it. I have my epi-pens handy in case things go bad. But I'd rather not use them.

Thanks a bunch. And I'll pray for you all in return.

Hi, all.

Sorry to jump in and disrupt any ongoing conversations, but I have a request for prayer. I'd rather not post it on the Chat board since the place is being a bit anti-Christian right now.

For the first time this winter my cold urticaria is acting up to the point that meds aren't controlling it like they are supposed to. I'm medicated and bundled to the point I look like the Michelin man. If you don't mind saying a prayer for some relief I'd appreciate it. I have my epi-pens handy in case things go bad. But I'd rather not use them.

Praying for you, hope you get some relief soon!

Pray for us as well. Things in our life are going very well, but there's a little bit of a feeling like we're anticipating something. We just don't know what. :tongue_smilie: Like it feels like we're going to need to or want to turn a corner soon, but we don't know what that means for us. So just pray for us for wisdom and clarity, if you don't mind. :)

:glare: I think I know the feeling...

Last year I was burdened for weeks and finally just gave it up to Him. I was pretty complacent at the time and wasn't dependent on Him, so I prayed that He would work in me and help me to put my trust in Him. And within the week my husband was laid off. I said, um...thanks God, but that's not what I had in mind. And I felt bad because my husband loved his job and I felt like it was my fault. It was a really hard time for us, financially and emotionally. But sure enough, He was there the whole time and we were never in want. He is working something else in me right now and I don't want to give it up to Him because I am scared. I am getting there though, because I know whatever is going to happen, God is in control. He makes all things work together for my good!

This song helped me get through the rough parts of last year.

Nothing can separate

Even if I ran away

Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes

But You have new mercies for me everyday

Your love never fails

Chorus:

You stay the same through the ages

Your love never changes

There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage

I don't have to be afraid

Because I know that You love me

Your love never fails

Verse 2:

The wind is strong and the water's deep

But I'm not alone here in these open seas

Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide

I never thought I'd reach the other side

But Your love never fails

Bridge:

You make all things work together for my good

I've been somewhat MIA on WTM boards lately. Like Karen I feel the need to seriously cut down on my time online. I'll be praying for all the requests and popping in, but I do need to spend more time on our school and give myself more time for prayer. We are struggling to get through Ds's 9th grade year and I need to figure out why school is taking so long and if he simply has too much on his plate. Also have some stress related to our church life, so I could use prayer myself. And I find myself becoming emotional at the thought that both Dc are growing up and our homeschooling and extracurriculars are looking different and more serious than in the past.

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you even if I'm not posting.

:glare: I think I know the feeling...

Last year I was burdened for weeks and finally just gave it up to Him. I was pretty complacent at the time and wasn't dependent on Him, so I prayed that He would work in me and help me to put my trust in Him. And within the week my husband was laid off. I said, um...thanks God, but that's not what I had in mind. And I felt bad because my husband loved his job and I felt like it was my fault. It was a really hard time for us, financially and emotionally. But sure enough, He was there the whole time and we were never in want. He is working something else in me right now and I don't want to give it up to Him because I am scared. I am getting there though, because I know whatever is going to happen, God is in control. He makes all things work together for my good!

This song helped me get through the rough parts of last year.

Nothing can separate

Even if I ran away

Your love never fails

I know I still make mistakes

But You have new mercies for me everyday

Your love never fails

Chorus:

You stay the same through the ages

Your love never changes

There may be pain in the night but joy comes in the morning

And when the oceans rage

I don't have to be afraid

Because I know that You love me

Your love never fails

Verse 2:

The wind is strong and the water's deep

But I'm not alone here in these open seas

Cause Your love never fails

The chasm is far too wide

I never thought I'd reach the other side

But Your love never fails

Bridge:

You make all things work together for my good

Your story was encouraging, as we have been in a similar situation before and saw God provide in ways we just were not expecting. There was a time in our lives where the money just was not there, and it opened the door for some miracles that could be explained as nothing short of Him. He wowed us and wowed the people we told...it all brought glory to Him, and that was the fun part!! Those are the times that you go back to and make your faith less shakeable. But then He also has had me go along completely not understanding anything that was going on around me because faith is believing in things unseen.

And that all fits with the song you quoted. I love that song. Now I'll be singing it today. I particularly wind up getting to hear it when we do youth events.

Chucki, I'm praying for you too!!

Awww! I will be praying for you, him and your family. Poor little guy-he is only 7 - I wonder what's going on? I hope you find answers quickly. :grouphug:

I've been somewhat MIA on WTM boards lately. Like Karen I feel the need to seriously cut down on my time online. I'll be praying for all the requests and popping in, but I do need to spend more time on our school and give myself more time for prayer. We are struggling to get through Ds's 9th grade year and I need to figure out why school is taking so long and if he simply has too much on his plate. Also have some stress related to our church life, so I could use prayer myself. And I find myself becoming emotional at the thought that both Dc are growing up and our homeschooling and extracurriculars are looking different and more serious than in the past.

Just wanted to let you know I am praying for you even if I'm not posting.

Praying for you and your family Shanvan!

Has anyone been following little Daisy Merrick? She has a website, Pray for Daisy. Her dad is Britt Merrick, a pastor at a church in Santa Barbara. Daisy just turned 8 and she has been diagnosed for the 4th time with cancer. This time there are two tumors and they are inoperable. It is very bad news for Daisy and her family. If you go to the "Pray for Daisy" website, they have posted a 50 minute sermon from her dad. He is back at his church after a 10 month leave of absence and the title of the message is "When Sparrows Fall". Wow. It is powerful. It's all about Daisy and trusting God and not asking all the "whys".

It is powerful. Haunting. Poignant. I couldn't stop watching and listening. If you have a chance, make sure to watch, and make extra sure to pray for Daisy and her family right now. Especially her family, as I am sure that Daisy will be completely healed soon. =(

This group is for Bible believing born again Christians, who believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. We also believe in the Holy Trinity- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ, son of God, died on the cross and rose again on the third day to save us from our sins. Our salvation comes from faith in Jesus Christ alone. There are no other gods. We look forward to spending eternity with our Lord and Father and other believers who have gone before us. We believe in living our lives for the Lord.

That describes me. Hi! :)

:seeya:

Hi, all.

Parrothead,

You are in my prayers!! I have idiopathic urticaria. I went almost 2 years without relief. :grouphug:

Has anyone been following little Daisy Merrick? She has a website, Pray for Daisy. Her dad is Britt Merrick, a pastor at a church in Santa Barbara. Daisy just turned 8 and she has been diagnosed for the 4th time with cancer. This time there are two tumors and they are inoperable. It is very bad news for Daisy and her family. If you go to the "Pray for Daisy" website, they have posted a 50 minute sermon from her dad. He is back at his church after a 10 month leave of absence and the title of the message is "When Sparrows Fall". Wow. It is powerful. It's all about Daisy and trusting God and not asking all the "whys".

It is powerful. Haunting. Poignant. I couldn't stop watching and listening. If you have a chance, make sure to watch, and make extra sure to pray for Daisy and her family right now. Especially her family, as I am sure that Daisy will be completely healed soon. =(

Oh, no. :( Praying.

Hmmm... yeah... okay... so I'm not doing so great at this...

I've not had as much computer time lately, but I find myself coming to THIS thread rather than looking at the rest of the boards. Your posts are so encouraging.

I'm just popping on to say that I've attempted to post a quick note for several days, but I get distracted, coming back at night to see that I never actually posted!

I'm praying as I read the requests. Thanks, CarolJenn, for starting this group.

Standing in the river of grace,

Kristine

Good morning everyone. It is Saturday morning here and after a foggy start, the sunshine is flooding into the house.

My prayers are with everyone who needs them.

Wow, I had a bit of a revelation yesterday. I was thinking about how God has always provided for us in times of need after we have started moving toward something, and he has either opened the doors or shown us another way. Well, I realised for me, that for me to exhibit the fruit of the spirit, I need to move toward it and God will lead the way. I'm always amazed at how simple things are after I've tried and tried to make them so complicated. Anyway, just wanted to share with you all and wondered if anyone else has had something hit them this week like this hit me.

I'm not able to spend as much time as I'd like here either, although it's still probably more than I should. I only had time to read this last page, but when I think of this group or individual members with requests, I pray. Chucki, Jean, & Freckles, I'll be praying for relief & healing.

To be completely off-topic, I'm curious if any of you have read or heard Art Matthias of Wellspring Ministries? What are your thoughts? http://akwellspring.com/

Jean, how is your Dad doing? How did the surgery go?

He came through surgery fine. But beyond that I don't know and I'm frustrated. Neither my sister, brother or parents seemed to know what was removed or what was biopsied. They know that some kind of results will come back Tuesday. I am extremely concerned that my dad is home but no one seems to know how to handle his catheter bag. This is something that I'm having to give to the Lord because I'm just too far away (thousands of miles) and can't help physically.

He came through surgery fine. But beyond that I don't know and I'm frustrated. Neither my sister, brother or parents seemed to know what was removed or what was biopsied. They know that some kind of results will come back Tuesday. I am extremely concerned that my dad is home but no one seems to know how to handle his catheter bag. This is something that I'm having to give to the Lord because I'm just too far away (thousands of miles) and can't help physically.

That's good news about surgery! So frustrating to not be able to get answers, though. :grouphug:

Good morning everyone. It is Saturday morning here and after a foggy start, the sunshine is flooding into the house.

Wow, I had a bit of a revelation yesterday. I was thinking about how God has always provided for us in times of need after we have started moving toward something, and he has either opened the doors or shown us another way. Well, I realised for me, that for me to exhibit the fruit of the spirit, I need to move toward it and God will lead the way. I'm always amazed at how simple things are after I've tried and tried to make them so complicated. Anyway, just wanted to share with you all and wondered if anyone else has had something hit them this week like this hit me.

That's good stuff!! Sometimes I find myself wanting God to zap me with gentleness, kindness, patience, a strong prayer life... :laugh: You get the picture. Every time I practice what you just spoke, there is fruit in it. I have a bad habit of allowing my younger children to stay up too late, then we will miss prayer and Bible before bed, then I will miss time with the Lord before bedtime because they are up too late, then they will sleep late, thus messing the structure of the day. I'll pray about it, but when I actually take the step to get them into bed by 9:00, the rest starts falling into place and God starts blessing our time with Him, blessing our productivity the next day, blessing their walk with Him, etc.

For a while now, I have been praying that God would help me to see the world through His eyes and to have a burden for the prayer needs that would be HIS heart and not just mine. I just read the book "Radical" and it really caused me to step back and make some changes. One of them has been to consistently, daily ready my Bible through, not just pick some scriptures or do devotional readings (which do have their place). The other is that I have started praying through "Operation World". That has strongly opened my eyes to view world events and even the sad state of our nation in a different light. My changing views have been a result of taking steps towards things that would bring fruit in the prayers I have been praying, then God has been using these tools to alter my views. I also see Him changing my heart towards those who stand in opposition to Him. It shakes me and humbles me to see how very much He loves those who don't love Him back and the heart He has for the nations to know Him!! He is good!!!!!

You are good, You are good

When there's nothing good in me

You are love, You are love

On display for all to see

You are light, You are light

When the darkness closes in

You are hope, You are hope

You have covered all my sin

You are peace, You are peace

When my fear is crippling

You are true, You are true

Even in my wandering

You are joy, You are joy

You're the reason that I sing

You are life, You are life,

In You death has lost its sting

Oh, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m running to Your arms,

IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m running to Your arms

The riches of Your love

Will always be enough

Nothing compares to Your embrace

Light of the world forever reign

You are more, You are more

Than my words will ever say

You are Lord, You are Lord

All creation will proclaim

You are here, You are here

In Your presence I'm made whole

You are God, You are God

Of all else I'm letting go

Oh, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m running to Your arms

The riches of Your love

Will always be enough

My heart will sing

no other Name

Jesus, Jesus

Oh, IĂ¢â‚¬â„¢m running to Your arms

The riches of Your love

Will always be enough

Yes! I have. When I was listening to Britt Merrick speaking about his daughter's fight with cancer and his always asking, "why?". He was talking about how God says repeatedly that He will be with us during hard times, but He never says why we have to go through those things. We aren't supposed to ask why, we are just supposed to trust Him. He was also saying how we are always asking "why" but had we ever considered that we may just not ever be able to understand God's reasoning for something, because it's so far above our heads?

It really hit me, because I am always trying to figure out why things happen. its almost like I need to know to be able to deal with the bad stuff that comes my way. I need to relax on the "whys" and just trust Him.

Yes! I have. When I was listening to Britt Merrick speaking about his daughter's fight with cancer and his always asking, "why?". He was talking about how God says repeatedly that He will be with us during hard times, but He never says why we have to go through those things. We aren't supposed to ask why, we are just supposed to trust Him. He was also saying how we are always asking "why" but had we ever considered that we may just not ever be able to understand God's reasoning for something, because it's so far above our heads?

It really hit me, because I am always trying to figure out why things happen. its almost like I need to know to be able to deal with the bad stuff that comes my way. I need to relax on the "whys" and just trust Him.

Yes, I've come to that conclusion too. Actually, the Lord has lead me to it, is a more accurate statement. I'm still guilty of trying to figure out why at times. Sometimes I think God is saying to me, "You're doing it again. When are you going to stop thinking you can figure it out and learn to trust me?"

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Isaiah 55:9

I so understand the frustration. I will pray the Lord will give you peace that your Dad will be cared for well.

Karen, praying for the issue to be resolved quickly for all.

CarolJenn, Texas and Jean, wow. Isn't God so good showing us the things He wants us to know? I must say what you have all shared has given me more to work with the Lord on. Although, in terms of trusting Him in adversity, I don't do too bad. It's afterwards when the reality of what has happened hits me and I start the whys.