Menu

SOCIAL GROUP: Bible Believing Conservative Christians

caroljenn

I could sure use some prayer, ladies. I learned a few hours ago that my 58 year old brother passed away. It appears he died in his sleep as he was found in his chair where he often fell asleep. I do not know if he knew the Lord, but I know he cherished a picture of Jesus that used to be our Mom's and had it hanging in his livingroom. He had been having some health issues and told us he appreciate that we were praying for him. Please pray for my sister and me. We will miss our brother so much.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could sure use some prayer, ladies. I learned a few hours ago that my 58 year old brother passed away. It appears he died in his sleep as he was found in his chair where he often fell asleep. I do not know if he knew the Lord, but I know he cherished a picture of Jesus that used to be our Mom's and had it hanging in his livingroom. He had been having some health issues and told us he appreciate that we were praying for him. Please pray for my sister and I. We will miss our brother so much.

Praying. I'm so sorry.

Just wanted to also add real quick that the "list" that was referred to earlier is in reference to the "follow" list....following a topic and ou receive notifications of new replies. When you reply all is well (I think), but "when" you "start" a new reply (not quoting a reply) then you need to "subscribe" to follow this thread all over again. Thought I'd share. If you find out differently, please let me know. After I click the post button, my name will not be in the "follow" list and I'll need to re-subscribe to continue future notifications.

The bold is really hard for me lately. My parents (particularly my mother) haven't shown me much actual love & for some reason it makes the thought of God loving me that much harder. I'm really struggling with it right now.

:grouphug: I'm sorry. I prefer to think about God loving me like I love my children (but more perfectly, of course).

The bold is really hard for me lately. My parents (particularly my mother) haven't shown me much actual love & for some reason it makes the thought of God loving me that much harder. I'm really struggling with it right now.

:grouphug: I'm so sorry about this. Mothers are usually the nurturers. It sounds like you did not receive much, perhaps. Unfortunately that past can't be changed, but God is our perfect Parent. You need to consider yourself a precious, precious child whom God loves dearly. You may feel like you don't deserve God's love because that maybe was not fulfilled by your earthly parent. Yes, you are deserving in as much as you don't need to "do" anything for God's love. He loves you just because you are you and He is God and He is Love. His love is endless and mercies abound. Please do not be fearful of "accepting" this wonderful provision of His love. It may be hard to trust God and His love because of these earlier circumstances, but don't let it define you. Your "identity" is in Jesus! Approach Him boldly - share these concerns with Him and listen quietly as He leads you! I'd like to suggest a book entitled, "Jesus Calling". Actually, I'm suggesting that for everyone. I have it and it's a wonderful, little devotional. I've bought several and give away to others.

:grouphug: I'm sorry. I prefer to think about God loving me like I love my children (but more perfectly, of course).

Me, too, Meriwether. And it is hard to comprehend how PERFECT His love is, when ours falls so short.

momoflaw, I'm sorry you haven't had a good example of parental love. I hope it's helping you to be a better parent. :grouphug:

I could sure use some prayer, ladies. I learned a few hours ago that my 58 year old brother passed away. It appears he died in his sleep as he was found in his chair where he often fell asleep. I do not know if he knew the Lord, but I know he cherished a picture of Jesus that used to be our Mom's and had it hanging in his livingroom. He had been having some health issues and told us he appreciate that we were praying for him. Please pray for my sister and me. We will miss our brother so much.

Oh! I am so so sorry. I lost my only sister a year ago and I know how awful it is to lose a sibling. I will be praying for you and your family.

Lord Jesus, please rain down your comfort and blessings on Evergreen Sue and her family, Lord. Please help them during this time and help them to heal. Please help take care of all of their needs during this time, so they can focus on their family and friends. Thank you for everything you do for us every day, Lord, and thank you for helping us meet each other in cyberspace. Please help all of us here on this thread to be of comfort to Sue. In Jesus' precious name we pray, Amen.

I will continue my prayers for you and your family, Evergreen Sue!

I am so sorry. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: Sue, I'll be praying.

I completely understand, Momo. I always think about it in the way that I love my own kids, just an overwhelming, unconditional love- what a wonderful thing that God loves us that way.

God's love, "Agape" in Greek, is translated as an overwhelming love that transcends anything that a human can offer. I'm so sorry that your mom had more of a fallible, human type of love for you- some people have a much harder time than others showing their love. Maybe you can think of it more of the way you love your own kids, and make sure that you strive more for an Agape love with your own kids than what your mother was able to give to you.

I know my mother loved me, but boy, we really did not get along for years. She could be stubborn and I (being a teenager) was completely bratty and we were like oil and water. I still think that that's the reason I ended up marrying my first husband. His mother was very welcoming and maternal, and I yearned for that. Of course, he ended up being a shmuck and I left him, but by then, my own mother had been diagnosed with cancer. We ended up reconciling several years before she died and I am thankful for that. I find myself doing a few things, parenting-wise, that my mom did right, but in many ways I am a much different mother. If anything, my dd probably thinks I love her too much! Trying for more Agape in my home every day.

Hugs to you - I will be praying for you and your family.

I can really relate! I actually just received a wonderfully enlightening message today. I was having the same struggles you are, especially with accepting His grace (my mother is extremely negative, downgrading, impossible to please.. ugh I could go all day.) I have carried over the negatives from this relationship to my relationship with Him.

A family member (whom I always seek my spiritual advice from-she is a Godsend for sure) basically said this:

Its in our human nature to put God into a form we can understand. We draw on what we have experienced and sort of project that onto God. Once we accept His grace it opens the door for us to understand His love.

I am in the process of really working towards a deep, strong and loving relationship with Him. First I need to get it through my head that He isn't like anything else :) He is perfect love.

Evergreen Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. You and your family are in my prayers.

CarolJenn, I am glad you are feeling a little better today.

I was going to post this on the main chat board... but then I thought, why not here? :)

What does intimate worship mean to you? Also, what does it consist of for you, personally?

Im in the process of trying to develop a deeper relationship with Him, and thought Id see what others think/feel about it.

I wanted to reply earlier but we ended up going out and didn't get home until not long ago.

For me, intimate worship is time in silence focusing on God. However, I don't get a great deal of time for that, so the next best thing is just pausing through the day and praising Him, or singing to Him. I feel worship is doing everything for HIm with the purpose of pleasing Him. I love to praise and sing to Him, but I feel closer to Him when I am in constant prayer as I go about my day, if that makes sense.

Joining! Like several others, I'm an inconsistent poster. I'm on my phone right now, but will post more whenever I get on the desktop! For now, I will share the book, Victory Over Darkness, by Dr. Neil Anderson. I've been learning how to live in victory in Christ, by identifying thoughts coming in as either from God or not from God (those can come from self, Satan, or world), choosing to accept those from God and rejecting those not, essentially 2 Cor 10:5 (taking every thought captive to Christ, demolishing strongholds!!!) wow, that's a lot to type only using my thumbs! Blessings to you all :)

:grouphug: Out of curiosity, have you ever read the Five Love Languages book? I know there are "not so great" parents out there (I work in public school, I DEFINITELY know this), but sometimes there actually is love there, it's just displayed in different forms. I only mention this because my oldest now claims both his dad and me (still together) were terrible parents and he never felt loved. It still stuns us (and his brothers). This son was always at or near the top of the top with everyone saying he was the "most likely to succeed." He won local scholarships, led local groups he belonged to, and had several who admired and loved him (INCLUDING US)! Then he met the mother of a friend at college. She "shared" with him about their way of doing family, which, of course, was different than ours. My guy then came up with all of his issues with us - issues absolutely NO ONE here knew about (his brothers, his youth group leaders, his friends), etc. Hubby and I remain stymied. We really would like the relationship we had back. The conclusion we've come up with is the Love Language differences. He most likely speaks a different language than we do. I bought him the book for Christmas - no idea if he read it or not, but he did initiate a call here once since then. I'd love to say all is repaired, but so far, it's not. Like the prodigal parents, we're here and we're proud of him. We just need him to want to "come home." Fortunately, he's not out frolicking like the prodigal son, but the "distance" feels the same to us.

Anyway, I wrote a book and I do know it may very well not apply, so if not, feel free to discard it. It really isn't personal with any "judgment" on my/your part. It just hit home knowing my oldest is likely out there sharing similar thoughts about us, but again, I KNOW there are parents out there who do fit the description. I see them (or the results) daily. In either case :grouphug: . It is a relief knowing as a fact that God loves us no matter who here on earth does or doesn't.

:grouphug: :grouphug: I'm so sorry!

Just wanted to also add real quick that the "list" that was referred to earlier is in reference to the "follow" list....following a topic and ou receive notifications of new replies. When you reply all is well (I think), but "when" you "start" a new reply (not quoting a reply) then you need to "subscribe" to follow this thread all over again. Thought I'd share. If you find out differently, please let me know. After I click the post button, my name will not be in the "follow" list and I'll need to re-subscribe to continue future notifications.

Thanks for the info! I actually can't "follow" this as my inbox would get full, full, full! But I do try to keep up when I get a chance. At least the board is working this am.

:grouphug: Out of curiosity, have you ever read the Five Love Languages book? I know there are "not so great" parents out there (I work in public school, I DEFINITELY know this), but sometimes there actually is love there, it's just displayed in different forms. I only mention this because my oldest now claims both his dad and me (still together) were terrible parents and he never felt loved. It still stuns us (and his brothers). This son was always at or near the top of the top with everyone saying he was the "most likely to succeed." He won local scholarships, led local groups he belonged to, and had several who admired and loved him (INCLUDING US)! Then he met the mother of a friend at college. She "shared" with him about their way of doing family, which, of course, was different than ours. My guy then came up with all of his issues with us - issues absolutely NO ONE here knew about (his brothers, his youth group leaders, his friends), etc. Hubby and I remain stymied. We really would like the relationship we had back. The conclusion we've come up with is the Love Language differences. He most likely speaks a different language than we do. I bought him the book for Christmas - no idea if he read it or not, but he did initiate a call here once since then. I'd love to say all is repaired, but so far, it's not. Like the prodigal parents, we're here and we're proud of him. We just need him to want to "come home." Fortunately, he's not out frolicking like the prodigal son, but the "distance" feels the same to us.

Wow. That is very interesting. I'm sure it is painful beyond words. :grouphug:

Thank you for posting; I'd never thought about this before. I'm going to see how it might be impacting my family.

Im so sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your family

I struggle with this as well. My mother has a lot of issues and most probably a form of mental illness. She is incapable of loving others even though she thinks she does a great job. It floors me.

In my case it has nothing to do with love languages.

Dawn

Joining! Like several others, I'm an inconsistent poster. I'm on my phone right now, but will post more whenever I get on the desktop! For now, I will share the book, Victory Over Darkness, by Dr. Neil Anderson. I've been learning how to live in victory in Christ, by identifying thoughts coming in as either from God or not from God (those can come from self, Satan, or world), choosing to accept those from God and rejecting those not, essentially 2 Cor 10:5 (taking every thought captive to Christ, demolishing strongholds!!!) wow, that's a lot to type only using my thumbs! Blessings to you all :)

Read the book years ago....he's great. Along with Derek Prince. Neil Anderson has published many books as has Derek P.

Hi! :seeya: I identify with this group.

As you can see by my number of posts, I am mostly a lurker, but this thread has brought me out of lurker mode. Thanks for starting it!

My children and I are studying the book of James using Kay Arthur's "Boy, Have I Got Problems". I am helping my 3rd grader so I am getting it, too. Even though it is written for kids, I have needed it as well. For example, just this week we learned about the tongue and how it is such a small part of the body but how it can do such damage (a small fire that is able to set a forest on fire). Ouch!!! And how only a perfect man can keep from stumbling in what he says. And what comes out of our mouth comes from what's inside the heart. Double ouch!!! Thank God for the power of the Holy Spirit living in us! Now if I can just remember to call out to Him when I am tempted to set loose this small fire and ask God to keep me from doing the damage and to change my heart before it spews! I can so relate to this part of your post, Molly. I am so glad God doesn't give up on me and that He is still working in me to bring His work to completion!

We had homegroup last night and we are going through James, and we were talking about the tongue, and how the only way to tame our tongue is through the change from God in our hearts. I am praying God will help me to be aware of what I am saying and to use my tongue to lift people up. I find myself too easily coming down on my family, and I feel God is really bringing this to me right now to work on.

We are memorizing the book of James this year. Actually, it is mostly my kids memorizing it. I started out strong, but alas, like Martha in the Bible, many mornings while they are memorizing, I am finishing breakfast cleanup and other chores. We recite it together quite often and I listen to them, but I am afraid to say that I could not recite half of what they do. It is a blessing to hear them recite God's word from memory, though. They have learned through James 2. They have worked hard. I am proud of them.

The curriculum we use has the James Bible study and memorization scheduled. It also schedules hymns to be learned and sung from the book "Then Sings My Soul" by Robert J. Morgan. We are finding this to be such a blessing. I attend church where we sing both contemporary and traditional, but I grew up going to church with both of my grandmothers (different denominations) where we sang traditional hymns. While I love the contemporary hymns, the traditional hymns do hold a special place in my heart. We just finished learning and singing "O for a Thousand Tongues to Sing" written by Charles Wesley.

O for a thousand tongues to sing

My great Redeemer's praise,

The glories of my God and King,

The triumphs of His grace!

Jesus! The name that charms our fears,

That bids our sorrows cease;

Tis music in the sinner's ears;

Tis life, and health, and peace.

He breaks the power of canceled sin;

He sets the prisoner free.

His blood can make can make the foulest clean;

His blood availed for me.

Hear Him, ye deaf, His praise, ye dumb

Your loosened tongues employ;

Ye blind, behold your Saviour come,

And leap ye lame for joy.

My gracious Master and my God,

Assist me to proclaim,

To spread through all the earth abroad,

The honors of Thy name.

Taken from "Then Sings My Soul"

O for a thousand tongues to sing my great Redeemers praise! Lord, just tame them all and bring them under subjection to You so that they would only be used to praise You!!! Lord, please just tame the ONE that I have and bring it under Your control and may it only be used for Your praise and honor and glory!!! Change my heart so that what comes from that fountain will be sweet and a blessing!!! Amen and Amen!!!

This is what God is working on in my life right now. Oh, for grace to trust Him more!

You have all been such a blessing! Reading through your posts has been encouraging!

I, too, am on a journey regarding the truths of the Bible versus the tradition of man/denominational "church" beliefs and how they agree or not. In other words, why we believe what we believe and why we do things the way we do them. Do they line up with Scripture or not? And how would God have me respond to Him. Just this morning, I was praying for a mentor, someone with whom I could discuss things without her feeling like I was questioning the "institution", if that makes sense.

Anyway, I have written a book. Now I know why I am mostly a lurker!

:laugh:

Praying for much grace, mercy, and peace for you all, especially those who are grieving and struggling.

Alpac, it sounds so much like you and I are on a similar journey. I find it amazing how much I learn from the children's books, not only about the Bible and God, but also about the world in general. It seems my brain is always making wee connections these days between school, church, my own reading and my Bible reading.

I pray that this place can be a place of encouragement to each other in our journey of growing closer to the Lord.

Wow. That is very interesting. I'm sure it is painful beyond words. :grouphug:

Thank you for posting; I'd never thought about this before. I'm going to see how it might be impacting my family.

It's definitely painful. He went from being our #1 man (firstborn and incredibly helpful/nice, etc) to being very distant and critical of not just us, but his friends and church here too (even his youth leaders who he really worked well with and respected when he was here). Some of his "memories" and incidents he relates are just plain not factual - totally made up (but he probably believes them). Others could be a perception issue. It's very, very tough for me to think decent thoughts about the mom who led him in that direction thinking she was being helpful and "supportive" of him. When I think about my son I always try to remember all the positives about life here with him - and I also hope & pray that just like the prodigal, someday he will see/remember the truth (esp about those things that never happened) and we'll be here for him. I am thankful that he hasn't given up his belief in God. I'm really, really thankful for that (esp since I'm Arminian and believe one can do that if they choose to).

I struggle with this as well. My mother has a lot of issues and most probably a form of mental illness. She is incapable of loving others even though she thinks she does a great job. It floors me.

Dawn

I definitely don't want to minimize these! My own dad is bipolar and paranoid. Growing up with him wasn't a picnic (esp since I thought he was normal) and many times even now he won't answer the phone when we call (or return the call) nor want to see us when we're in the area. The world is still out to get him. He can be manic or depressed (often won't take meds). He definitely feels he's always been a great father - even though he skipped my wedding, won't see us or his grandkids, etc. etc, etc. Unfortunately, these (and others like them) are out there. To all who are related to them :grouphug: .

Then too, from school we've had moms who were in the Bahamas vacationing, but wouldn't give $5 for her son to go on a school field trip, moms who continually put their kids down, moms who didn't care to even show up, moms who had their kids selling drugs for them, moms who had their kids stealing for them, moms who wouldn't let their kids go to college when they wanted to (not even community college), moms who wouldn't let their kids get involved with legit clubs for no particular reason, and more I'm probably not thinking of. Dads can fit in there too (when there are dads around). Some kids work to pay the basic household bills. Yeah, those "parents" are out there. I feel for their kids. IF the kids survive, they often become great human beings, but many succumb to the vices of this world.

To any on here from situations like those :grouphug: and you have my kudos for being a survivor!

In a way, I wish my oldest could truly see what "bad" parenting was like. I'll admit we're not perfect - not even close - but IMO, my kids had a FAR better upbringing than I did. We loved them, we did things with them (meals, travel, games, etc), we always supported their desires - their paths for life, we encouraged them, we made our plans around them. Fortunately, our other two are here and confirm our thoughts vs his accusations - esp those he has made up. Needless to say, oldest is no longer really "friends" with them either. Yes, it's painful. I hope, if his is a love language issue, that he realizes that everything we did was out of love for all of our guys and we are most definitely proud of them all.

But I need to move on with my day...

I just wanted to ask this...does anyone's heart sink when you see the Atheist...social club thread. I took a peak and it just makes me so sad, especially for all those little children who may never know the Lord. :sad:

Okay.. Im going to try my best not to rant.. I dont know about the people on these boards but It really bothers me when people who do not believe in God have opinions on Christians that are so totally off base. When people spread these inaccurate opinions as facts, etc. it gets me upset. Christianity is not about hating anyone. Its not about being hypocritical or self righteous. Our God doesn't require us to do extreme/unhealthy things in His name.

He is about love. He is love. Yes we have different rights and wrongs than mainstream society but they act like we hate gays and want to rid the world of evil sinners. I get so sick of it. No one is perfect. We all sin. We are required to treat one another with love. Hate the sin not the sinner, if you will.

It just pains me to know that so many people out there have no idea what Christ is all about. People have questions and they get their answers from other nonbelievers.. and the information isnt the truth. Misconceptions are being bred everyday its so unfortunate. They don't know what they are missing out on over a bunch of misconceptions. Outreach is a very important part to ministry, to educate people on the Lords love.

I think its also extremely important to show Christ like behavior. Love everyone. Pray for them. Unfortunately when non Christians see us in a moment of weakness they like to jump on it. This combined with some Christians who act very unlike Christians, give us all a bad rep and cause us to be seen as hypocritical :(

Im sorry to bring down the spirit of the board but I just hate seeing my God talked about as if he is something he is not. As his children we need to set a good example, show love, pray for all of His children, and defend His name.

ETA: Sorry I ended up ranting, didn't I? Im sorry :( It just breaks my heart to know people are so far off in their assumptions about Christianity.. and so many children will be taught this way.

Hi! :seeya: I identify with this group.

As you can see by my number of posts, I am mostly a lurker, but this thread has brought me out of lurker mode. Thanks for starting it!

My children and I are studying the book of James using Kay Arthur's "Boy, Have I Got Problems". I am helping my 3rd grader so I am getting it, too. Even though it is written for kids, I have needed it as well. For example, just this week we learned about the tongue and how it is such a small part of the body but how it can do such damage (a small fire that is able to set a forest on fire). Ouch!!! And how only a perfect man can keep from stumbling in what he says. And what comes out of our mouth comes from what's inside the heart. Double ouch!!! Thank God for the power of the Holy Spirit living in us! Now if I can just remember to call out to Him when I am tempted to set loose this small fire and ask God to keep me from doing the damage and to change my heart before it spews! I can so relate to this part of your post, Molly. I am so glad God doesn't give up on me and that He is still working in me to bring His work to completion!

Please feel free to post too! Your post is really helpful to me. I've been looking for what to use for Bible next year and James is my favorite book. I'm going to check that one out!

Welcome!!

Well, everyone else seems to have their own social group, so why not us?

This group is for Bible believing born again Christians, who believe that the Bible is the inerrant Word of God. We also believe in the Holy Trinity- Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe that Jesus Christ, son of God, died on the cross and rose again on the third day to save us from our sins. Our salvation comes from faith in Jesus Christ alone. There are no other gods. We look forward to spending eternity with our Lord and Father and other believers who have gone before us.

We believe in living our lives for the Lord.

Welcome! Feel free to say "hi" and post about any books, videos, websites, etc etc that will help all of us grow in our faith! Also, feel free to discuss issues that you'd like to discuss, theological questions you are wondering about, prayer requests, or anything else that you feel like posting! We will all make sure to treat everyone else with respect.

Happy Fellowshiping!

The above describes me also. I usually don't read the monster threads, or the religious threads. But this one is nice. Thanks, caroljenn. :D

Alpac, it sounds so much like you and I are on a similar journey. I find it amazing how much I learn from the children's books, not only about the Bible and God, but also about the world in general. It seems my brain is always making wee connections these days between school, church, my own reading and my Bible reading.

I pray that this place can be a place of encouragement to each other in our journey of growing closer to the Lord.

Yes, I love it when God is so clear in His teaching to me, making those connections between school, church, and personal Bible reading and studying. I need loud and clear!

Although I have wanted to do a Kay Arthur Bible study, I have never gotten around to it. This children's Bible study is so good that it makes me want to check out her adult Bible studies. I also want to get "How to Study My Bible" (I think that is the title) for my kids.

I, too, pray this will be a place of encouragement for us all in our journey!

I noticed that you mentioned a "homegroup" (was that the right word?). Is this your church, like a home church or a Bible study in home in addition to church services. This is one thing I have been studying and looking at in scripture. Just curious what this is and how it works. Thanks!

I have a favor to ask of the group...

I have already put him on our church prayer list but he needs a miracle so the more prayers the better. This is my friends brother in law. He was a year ahead of me in school. He has been with my friends sister since they were very young. They finally got married :) Just starting their lives. He is my age, 24. He has stage 4 terminal brain cancer. They have tried chemo, radiation.. nothing is working. More tumors were found. They are now discussing quality of live vs. trying another round of chemo.

He needs serious prayers.. I know it is within the Lords power to heal him. I just pray that he gets this miracle. Any and all prayers are appreciated.

Okay.. Im going to try my best not to rant.. I dont know about the people on these boards but It really bothers me when people who do not believe in God have opinions on Christians that are so totally off base. When people spread these inaccurate opinions as facts, etc. it gets me upset. Christianity is not about hating anyone. Its not about being hypocritical or self righteous. Our God doesn't require us to do extreme/unhealthy things in His name.

He is about love. He is love. Yes we have different rights and wrongs than mainstream society but they act like we hate gays and want to rid the world of evil sinners. I get so sick of it. No one is perfect. We all sin. We are required to treat one another with love. Hate the sin not the sinner, if you will.

It just pains me to know that so many people out there have no idea what Christ is all about. People have questions and they get their answers from other nonbelievers.. and the information isnt the truth. Misconceptions are being bred everyday its so unfortunate. They don't know what they are missing out on over a bunch of misconceptions. Outreach is a very important part to ministry, to educate people on the Lords love.

I think its also extremely important to show Christ like behavior. Love everyone. Pray for them. Unfortunately when non Christians see us in a moment of weakness they like to jump on it. This combined with some Christians who act very unlike Christians, give us all a bad rep and cause us to be seen as hypocritical :(

Im sorry to bring down the spirit of the board but I just hate seeing my God talked about as if he is something he is not. As his children we need to set a good example, show love, pray for all of His children, and defend His name.

ETA: Sorry I ended up ranting, didn't I? Im sorry :( It just breaks my heart to know people are so far off in their assumptions about Christianity.. and so many children will be taught this way.

LOL...yes, you did end up ranting. :) But it's more frustration I think. Others expect us to be perfect, but in essence we are just as bad. They see at as an increase of how "good" they think that we think we are. But yet it's the opposite. It's a growth in our sensitivity to sin and a desire to eliminate it from our lives.

It's not that there isn't sufficient evidence that God sent Jesus and Jesus died for our sins, it's their rebellion towards it. So sad.

I have already put him on our church prayer list but he needs a miracle so the more prayers the better. This is my friends brother in law. He was a year ahead of me in school. He has been with my friends sister since they were very young. They finally got married :) Just starting their lives. He is my age, 24. He has stage 4 terminal brain cancer. They have tried chemo, radiation.. nothing is working. More tumors were found. They are now discussing quality of live vs. trying another round of chemo.

He needs serious prayers.. I know it is within the Lords power to heal him. I just pray that he gets this miracle. Any and all prayers are appreciated.

Oh no.... :grouphug:

His wife is now basically his caretaker :( My friend said his mind is slipping. It breaks my heart. His symptoms and diagnosis came right after he graduated college and started his work as a nurse. It just makes me sick to think of all he won't get to experience.. the life that they could have had together.

Its so sad :(

That is devastating! I hope they are finding comfort in the Lord. I will pray.

So heartbreaking!

Yes! I prayed and will continue to pray for him and his wife and other family.

Creekland,

I am so sorry to read about your situation with your son. I know your mama heart must be broken. Praying along with you that just like the prodigal son, he will come to his senses and see clearly how much his parents love him and come back.

Dawn

Aww- I'm so sorry, Dawn. Because I am such an optimist, and pretty much always look at the glass as half-full, I think maybe you can feel better knowing that she has problems. That would actually make me feel much better. She loves you, but it's buried under the issues. KWIM?

I will pray for you. :grouphug:

Creekland,

I am so sorry to read about your situation with your son. I know your mama heart must be broken. Praying along with you that just like the prodigal son, he will come to his senses and see clearly how much his parents love him and come back.

:iagree:

And I'm happy that I finally learned how to use the smileys! Haha! They don't have them on my ipad. :tongue_smilie:

This is horrible. My family and I will be praying for him and his family. And I will put him on our church prayer list as well. =(