Menu

SOCIAL GROUP: Bible Believing Conservative Christians

caroljenn

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a praise today. My dad finally asked the questions I had told him to ask about his bladder cancer and treatment. Yay! And he passed on real answers to me. He is so much more at peace now that he knows what to expect too.

My mom is still depressed but has changed her medicine and is doing better with the change. She actually spoke to me in something other than a monotone today which was such an improvement!

Hi, I am so sad to confess, I spend way too much on books just to look at them. My dh is so mad at me for doing this, but he never wants to go to a convention. I have attended 2 conventions but had an infant at one and was having my roughest pregnancy and could barely even walk ( attending a closer one that was small).

That being said... I have sold tons of our books and used the money for groceries and more books!

He is just not a reader either. He also does not realize that our library is not a good place for home educating families. It is ok for some inter library loan but mostly have dvd's to supplement and no real home school resources.

I need prayer in what to do now. His answer has always been ps when I am stressed out or having trouble with hs.

So, I guess what I am asking is, should I keep shouldering this alone or just give up and put young ones in ps or just older ones? I am really struggling with pain lately and it seems like the past 3 years have been filled with strife of some kind. Mostly physical illnesses or surprises. Now we are burdened with medical bills, and another option is for me to cancel our internet and my iphone for awhile to help out. I would still have a battle, because the tv would be the idol as it already is for some and dh.

The main thing is that I have switched math programs and he puts me down for changing and that some of our kids have ld. I try my best every day not to give up.

I lost my dad who really was my strong supporter of hs and even helped me when he had lcc and visited often. He was against hs at first too.

Please pray for me!

Hi, all! I'm glad you're here and I hope you don't mind my asking a curriculum question here. I would prefer to have answers from like minded believers :001_smile: .

We live in a state where we get a tax credit for home school books and materials provided they're "nonreligious". (Lets not start on whether that's bad or good, my dh has decided we'll claim the credit.)

Could you give suggestions for books your family has enjoyed and didn't find objectionable that could be considered nonreligious? We're young earth creationists and don't mind small references to evolution (we use evolutionary comments as learning opportunities), but right now we're looking for books that can be enjoyed unsupervised. We also avoid books with children who are disrespectful of their parents and treat their siblings badly.

We're looking for-

reading books

science books

history books

art books

My children are 7 and 13, but we only expect to qualify for this credit the next 2 years, so items that can be used by multiple ages are great.

Thanks so much!

Carrie

TGHEALTHYMOM-

Hang in there! I could have written this post a few years ago. I struggled with homeschooling for years before my husband began to see the benefits. This last year he had a conversion experience and his whole attitude has changed (about more than homeschool). After years of praying for him just to go with us (my dd and I) to church, God blessed us beyond what we had asked- dh started taking us to church, read the whole Bible in 6 months, began being an active family leader, and wants to make homeschool and character materials a family budget priority!

I found The Wise Woman's Guide to Blessing Your Husband's Vision CD very helpful at this time.

I'll be praying for you.

Carrie

Good morning all! I've updated my prayer (and praise) list based on posts here. I wish I could offer more actual advice, but nothing is coming to mind other than, perhaps, for TJHEalthymom... how "good" is your ps? Mine were in through elementary and did just fine socially. I pulled them when oldest hit high school as that's where our school really fails. In hindsight, pulling at 7th grade would be ideal for my area - EXCEPT that they changed our math program to a poor one in the meantime. Still, you could work on math at home if you need the financial break ps offers.

As for here... I'm ready for winter to end and spring to begin! Our electric bill could use it too (we heat with electric).

Hi, I am so sad to confess, I spend way too much on books just to look at them. My dh is so mad at me for doing this, but he never wants to go to a convention. I have attended 2 conventions but had an infant at one and was having my roughest pregnancy and could barely even walk ( attending a closer one that was small).

That being said... I have sold tons of our books and used the money for groceries and more books!

He is just not a reader either. He also does not realize that our library is not a good place for home educating families. It is ok for some inter library loan but mostly have dvd's to supplement and no real home school resources.

I need prayer in what to do now. His answer has always been ps when I am stressed out or having trouble with hs.

So, I guess what I am asking is, should I keep shouldering this alone or just give up and put young ones in ps or just older ones? I am really struggling with pain lately and it seems like the past 3 years have been filled with strife of some kind. Mostly physical illnesses or surprises. Now we are burdened with medical bills, and another option is for me to cancel our internet and my iphone for awhile to help out. I would still have a battle, because the tv would be the idol as it already is for some and dh.

The main thing is that I have switched math programs and he puts me down for changing and that some of our kids have ld. I try my best every day not to give up.

I lost my dad who really was my strong supporter of hs and even helped me when he had lcc and visited often. He was against hs at first too.

Please pray for me!

Oh I could of wrote this post a few times. My dh is not a reader. I use to drive over a hour to a larger county library. I had to pay a fee to check out the books. We also went without cell phones and stuff the first few years of homeschooling. My dh never really put homeschooling down but I knew he wasn't really 100% supportive. I made my own cheap school using the WTM book and the sonlight catalog. I'm guessing from your post that driving to another county or town library isn't a option. Does your state/county have a interlibrary loan system? They may be able to get books in for you. What are the ages of your kids? I may have other ideas depending on their age. You can give them a good education it may not be exactly how your invisioned it . My homeschooling ended up totally different than my dream. I have one thats graduated and the other will being within the years. I'm at the end of my homeschool life. Please PM me if you need to just talk stuff out. I'll be praying for you. I spend so many night feeling along, scared I"m messing up my kids and stuff. My dh was not a christian when we started homeschooling. He respected my believes when I told him I felt conviction to homeschool. It really is hard being in a marriage when one is a christian and the other is not - adding homeschooling to the mix was a real time of spiritual growth for myself. My dh is now a christian. He said the thing that got through to him the most is my peace when things were finacially tought. He said he could tell my faith said God wanted us to do this and he would take care of us. Its funny the trials and stuff we go through. We never know the reason. I see you have a desire for homeschooling. I also thing your husband wants to fix stuff (its the mans way) He sees you sinking or feeling overwhelm. He can only see the answer is PS. I'm pray for both of your. I know its a hard journey.

Thank you for prayers and advice. I realize that Abraham Lincoln grew up with a mother who encouraged him to read the word, Turkey, and his father told him all he needed to know how to do was shoot one!

I am nursing our 8th child. I have endometriosis, and had surgery after a horrible year in 2011, got pregnant immediately even though I warned him I would be fertile and he refused to use anything.

Now I am demanding he use something.

DH had his 2nd Widomaker ( HEART STENT) last May and I was due in June. So, part of his stress is the economy, and medical bills piling up like we have NEVER had before. Some are mine, most are his, and some are for our children.

He also grew up poor and I think that even though he is a Christian, his father was such a bad influend in his binge drinking and abusive behavior that he just won't admit he acts alot like him.

I also notice a pattern of neglect and abuse when I am sick and I call him on it. He makes any excuse to leave the house ( go to work or the store several times a day) or just ignore me if he is home.

I do pray for him and I pray for me to change to be more loving and not resentful.

It is so obvious to our kids too that he is addicted to Approval of other people. I call him on this too.

I do not want to be a dripping faucet. I just don't get any compassion from anyone.

Dr. Brian Ray spoke at a hs convention last year on Marriage. Dh will not go to any hs conferences but he has supported me going to 2 so far.

We are a blended family too with 8 children at home and his 2 grown children who now have children and they all live too far to visit often, but we don't get along either. That makes it rough too.

I am really tired of being blamed for the LD our dd9 has. I have spent alot of time reading about what could be wrong and think LOE migh help her. I will have to sell alot of materials to be able to buy the entire program. I used 100 ez lessons on 3 of our children, and have tried with her, but it did not work. She has been great in math, and she memorized Bob books a few years ago,

Carrie,

We use R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey for Science. It's written secularly but at least in the Life/Biology book, there's no evolutionary content.

For History we like Story of the World. Some religious people don't like it because it's "too secular" and some secular people don't like it because it's "too religious." It's worth taking a look at to see how it would fit your family.

For Readers we use Sonlight book. You'd have to evaluate book by book because they use a variety of publishers and genres. I've never come across anything that I object to, some skip The Wizard of Oz and such.

Hi everyone! Hope all of you are doing well. This is turning into a busy week and the next 3 evenings are packed. We don't schedule back to back, but had to this week. On my walk I was reminded of a little word game we play at home. It's just the 3 of us: dh, dd and me. You take a word, such as Christmas (we've used this word and many others) and make as many words as you can from it. Our rule is that you can not double letters and so each letter can be used only once in every listed word. Christmas = Christ, his, hi, cat, rat, sat, stair, him, hat, star and the list continues. Here's another great one. We listed the alphabet A - Z. We came up with names and characteristics that pertained to God and Jesus! It's WONDERFUL! A = Abba, B = beautiful, F = Father, R - righteous; redeemer, Z = Zion and the list continues. I love this one. Here I was on my walk thinking about names of God again - what a peaceful walk...walking with our Lord and fellowshipping with Him! None is greater than HE!

Sheryl, I especially like the alphabet game with the names and characteristics of God!

Me, too. Reminds me of the Mark Schultz song, "I AM."

Chorus:

I AM the Fount of living water,

The risen Son of Man,

The Healer of the broken.

And when you cry

I AM your Savior and Redeemer,

Who bore the sin of man,

The Author and Perfector,

Beginning and the end.

Yes I AM!

TG Healthy Mom, I am putting you and your dh on my prayer list. It is so hard sometimes. Be assured you are welcome here, even if you just need to vent a bit. <3

Love your alphabet ideas, Sheryl!

Sewgirlie, when my dd was in private school, they used several secular books and explained Christian beliefs and why we believe the way we do. It can turn into a good apologetics class if your kids are old enough to understand. They also had a strong Bible program, and that counteracted some of the secular stuff. Using the secular books, especially in high school, guarantees that the state-run colleges will accept the texts. There have been several instances around here where kids have been denied entry into a college after going to a (high-priced) private high school. This particular high school used Apologia and other Christian texts and no secular ones at all. Dd has used a lot of Pearson Prentice Hall. They have good online support and tests, quizzes and games online to reinforce the material.

An update of my own: my computer started crashing every time I opened Microsoft Word and I have been in the middle of a LOT of homeschooling stuff, so I am trying to use it alot. I called Geeksquad yesterday and the girl says my subscription "expired on the 18th." Yep. The day before my problem started! It cost me $100 to re-up my contract, and even though I am up and running again, I am behind! How to get it all done? I want to come check in on you guys and say "hi" but this work is hanging over my head. So, here it is, 9:45 at night, and I'm finally getting a chance to say "hi!"

So.....Hi!!!!! I will be praying for you and hoping that God will shine His light and blessings down on each one of you!

"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22

Keeping folks in prayers... :grouphug:

Is anyone in the line of this new storm? I think we're going to miss this one, but it sure looks bad for those who are in the path (both snow and rain), though at least a bit of the snow will help the drought area.

It looks like we're going to catch a bit of the snow. Which is fine by me. If it's going to be cold and grey, I'd rather we have some snow cover to at least pretty up the place a bit. And we really need the river to freeze so we can get out on the ice and cut some large branches off a tree which fell in and is snagging up junk. We just haven't had a hard enough freeze for it to be thick enough to support my Dh or I and a chainsaw.

Some random things--

REALLY enjoying How to Stay Christian in High School. I'm prereading to see if it'd be appropriate for my dd (currently 7th gr). So far it's really fantastic!

Reading Rob Bell for the first time. Any thoughts on him? Have only gotten thru a couple of chapters--challenging.

Also, I'd like to sign a song for our youth group coffee house at church (fundraiser for mission trippers). I am thinking of

--what do you think?

Praying for all of you that are needing prayer right now!! I haven't been on in a week. We've been busy with school and life.

TGHealthymom, I'm praying for you. It sounds like a tough situation and I'm praying God makes things clear to you, how to handle school with your kids and for your husband to be supportive. I'm repeatedly seeing that when I look back over a dark season I've been through that I can pinpoint areas that God has dealt with me on, things that He has changed in me that were big issues before the trial. I've just been through one of those times that lasted a while, and I KNOW now what some of those issues were. I just see some things clearly that I wasn't able to see before. It's that whole thing of God working all things together for our good.

I just finished reading a book series that had a big impact on me, and it was Christian fiction, which I usually don't like so much. It was the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. It is historical fiction about the time of Rome, shortly after Christ. The grace, forgiveness, and dependence on God points were done so well. I catch myself thinking a lot of how the people in the books prayed and how they handled situations and how they loved the unlovable. Fiction is not something I would have expected to disciple me, but it really did. There are three books that are 400-500 pages a piece. Good stuff!!

Pray for me right now. I'm feeling a very, very strong calling from the Lord to spend much time praying, fasting, and offering lots of grace and love to several of my daughter's older friends right now, girls in their late teens, near twenties. I never realized until now just how hard that age range is. My own daughter isn't there yet, but it is coming. That age is when they start spreading their wings and are prone to mistakes. I remember that age for me, and I am so grateful that there was no social media. I would have done the stupidest things with it. Pray for those you know that are at that point. I'm starting to feel they need more love and guidance than when they were younger...probably because they see themselves as wise and deserving of independence. lol

Texas T, I will be praying for you and the girls as well. This is a big reason I am not allowing my dd, who will still be 17 when she graduates high school, to go away to college. She can do her undergrad work at one of the two (good) local universities. They are so young at that age, and sometimes you make mistakes as a young person that are irreversible. Sometimes it is that you are vulnerable to others. My dd will stay here until she is a little older and more mature.

Chris, I have heard of Rob Bell. All I can remember off the top of my head is that while he is a good writer/speaker,he has some of the same theological issues that plague Rick Warren. Some of his teachings are not 100% Bible. I will have to look it up and find what I've read and heard about him before I comment further, but I do remember problems. Hmmm....

Hope you all have a wonderful and blessed day!!

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

I am really tired of being blamed for the LD our dd9 has. I have spent alot of time reading about what could be wrong and think LOE migh help her. I will have to sell alot of materials to be able to buy the entire program. I used 100 ez lessons on 3 of our children, and have tried with her, but it did not work. She has been great in math, and she memorized Bob books a few years ago,

:grouphug:

There are a lot of cheaper things you can use! The easiest cheapest OG method is Recipe for Reading, it is $28 for the manual and you can just write the words from the white board, so it is $28 for everything. Have you tried my online phonics lessons?

Also, you should give my diagnostic tests, you can PM me if you don't want her scores public. You need to take the NRRF reading grade level test first. A score 2nd grade or above on the NRRF, do the MWIA level II test. For a 1st grade score or lower, take the MWIA level I test. It is important to time both sections, the phonetic and holistic, and try to write down as many incorrect words as possible, for example, write "fog" over "frog" on your copy if that was the mistake.

http://www.thephonic...ggradeleve.html

The mwia is here, I need to update my links, but we are still recovering from our move.

After the MWIA, take the Elizabethian test, use either version A or B, you don't need to do both. One is for before remediation, the other is for after. With the NRRF test and the MWIA test, you re-use the same test. So, you don't want to tell answers. If they are having trouble with a word for a long time, you can just tell them to move on. Also, they can say "skip" if they can't figure out a word so you can keep track of where they are.

I have a prayer request for Saturday. A very dear friend of mine (former college roommate) is getting married about 2 hours away. I'm going to the wedding by myself. All told, I'll be gone at least 5 hours and probably more. This is very tough on me with my chronic problems. I won't have dh or my kids with me to help me out if I hit a wall (a definite possibility). I'll be safe and will just stop the car and rest if I need to. But I would appreciate prayers for tomorrow. I want to enjoy this special day with my friend and not worry about my stupid body.

I have a prayer request for Saturday. A very dear friend of mine (former college roommate) is getting married about 2 hours away. I'm going to the wedding by myself. All told, I'll be gone at least 5 hours and probably more. This is very tough on me with my chronic problems. I won't have dh or my kids with me to help me out if I hit a wall (a definite possibility). I'll be safe and will just stop the car and rest if I need to. But I would appreciate prayers for tomorrow. I want to enjoy this special day with my friend and not worry about my stupid body.

May the Lord have mercy on you tomorrow, Jean. If you're going to be two hours to the east, are you going to be in Eburg? That's where I am and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know (although I'll be at the First Lego League Eastern Washington finals all day, but I'll have my phone with me).

May the Lord have mercy on you tomorrow, Jean. If you're going to be two hours to the east, are you going to be in Eburg? That's where I am and if you need anything, please don't hesitate to let me know (although I'll be at the First Lego League Eastern Washington finals all day, but I'll have my phone with me).

Sorry, I'm going north and then on the ferry. But one of these days! . . . .

I pray you're able to enjoy the wedding with no health issues cropping up.

We just found out (yesterday) that middle son is coming home for spring break. His trip to Haiti got pushed off to next year. He's bringing one of his fellow Christian friends who can't afford to fly to his home for the week. I am REALLY looking forward to it!!! Two weeks and they're here...

The more the merrier, Dusty! Glad to see you here!

Chris - You're in my prayers. Those situations all seem to need wisdom. I know I often wish I had Solomon's...

Glad you made it there and back safely, Jean!

May everyone enjoy their Sunday and feel the presence of God. (Note: I know He's always there whether we feel His presence or not...)

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I was wondering if any of you attend a liturgcal church, and if you take notes on the sermon. I've been to my share of evangelical or nondenoms (Calvary Ch was my mil's church for a long time in Ft. Laud and I've gone with her there), and the sermon is very teaching-based, so tons of folks take notes. They even get a space in their Sunday bulletin for notetaking.

But here in the Episcopal church, the sermon is about 12-15 minutes of preaching on the lectionary (we now use the Common Lectionary in our services). A df, Dana, takes notes, so I started to about a year or so ago. We are nearly the only ones. I can listen better and certainly remember better.

Anyone else? Even if you are not liturgical (and I'm assuming many in this group are not), can you tell me the nuts and bolts of your notetaking? Kind of notebook, outline form? Or highlights? or...something else?

Please pray for me!

Do you have charter homeschool? I'm in California and you have $900 a year to spend per child. They won't allow you to buy Christian materials, but you can still use them. You can instead have the charter school buy every thing secular and you only pay out of pocket for religious instruction materials / Christian curriculum.

Went to such a great church service today. Pastor is speaking on 2 Corinthians 4:3-5: "and even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake."

He was speaking about how people CHOOSE to be veiled. How they love their sin more than anything else and that it has resulted in them being blinded to the One who can open their eyes. He asked Why? Why do you want to do this? Why do you choose to reject Christ? You're either for God or against Him. No gray area. He** or Heaven. You choose. It was powerful, and 30 people went up to the front of the church to accept Christ. It was wonderful!!

And we sang one of my favorite songs too:

Bless the Lord, O my soul,

Oh oh oh my soul,

Worship His holy name

Sing like never before

O my soul...

Worship His holy name

So blessed to have found such a great church. Yay! :hurray:

Hope you are all doing well this beautiful Sunday - I am praying for each one of you and our little group.

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I was wondering if any of you attend a liturgcal church, and if you take notes on the sermon. I've been to my share of evangelical or nondenoms (Calvary Ch was my mil's church for a long time in Ft. Laud and I've gone with her there), and the sermon is very teaching-based, so tons of folks take notes. They even get a space in their Sunday bulletin for notetaking.

But here in the Episcopal church, the sermon is about 12-15 minutes of preaching on the lectionary (we now use the Common Lectionary in our services). A df, Dana, takes notes, so I started to about a year or so ago. We are nearly the only ones. I can listen better and certainly remember better.

Anyone else? Even if you are not liturgical (and I'm assuming many in this group are not), can you tell me the nuts and bolts of your notetaking? Kind of notebook, outline form? Or highlights? or...something else?

CC Fort Lauderdale - is that Bob Coy? I listen to him on the car radio sometimes. He's a pretty great speaker!

Our pastor actually has an outline of notes up on big screens for us. We can take notes or not, and it allows us to add to his basic outline with our own notes when we are writing.

Hope you have a great day, Chris!

Yes, it was Bob Coy (I think he has either stepped down or moved or something--not sure).

My bil started the CChapel in Murphy, NC. His is an interesting story--I would share it but I think I'll ask him, first, if it's ok to do that.

Anyway, when my mil moved to NC, she went to another church, but then they switched over to the CChapel in Murphy. They started in my bil's fireplace business, which he opened to a bible study, then grew, and just recently grew enough to buy a former warehouse building (I believe it was a warehouse). Anyway, it's pretty wonderful. :-)

I could use some prayer. I am supposed to be teaching a public speaking class tomorrow and I feel like I am getting sick. I'm also having a fibro flare and my shoulders and arms hurt. I would really like to just sleep, but I think I won't sleep tonight if I do. I'm resting on the couch, drinking echinacea tea and doing a little bit of school planning. Please pray I will be feeling better and am able to teach class tomorrow. I have been trying to put this class together since fall and finally have a location and enough families to make it worthwhile.

Praying, Shannon.

We had a good Sunday service too. I was so tired yesterday from my trip that I did not prepare for my class that I taught. I do not recommend this - but I looked up the passage right before church, realized that it would go really well with a sermon I had heard recently, looked up those passages and jotted down the references and put it all together on the fly. Years of studying and teaching the Bible made it possible but I do feel like God wants me to prepare more if I'm able to.

Hi all,

<edited for internet privacy>

Please pray healing for my dh.

Anyhow... I was just going to give a quick blurb about why I haven't been around much but it turned into the above. I meant to go on to say to Texas T that if you feel led to fast & pray, DO IT! I can't put enough emphasis on that on a screen!

As for Rob Bell - I agree with CarolJenn on there being some problems with his theology. I found his ideas interesting, but in the end I don't find they line up with the Bible. Other people have varying interpretations, though.

Jean, I'll keep your parents and you in my prayers. :grouphug: You too, TGHealthymom.

Chris in VA - holy cow! I could've almost written that at various times in my life, except you are braver than I for having gone ahead & posted it! :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: It's a hard road, but we don't walk it alone. The joy of the Lord passes all understanding. If you can grasp & get a taste of the joy of the Lord, or ever have, let that be your guide through the dark. The deep rewards of turning to Him instead of other things, and learning to put Him first over possibly self-destructive, short-lived pleasure, will be SO worth it in the end. I'm speaking to myself here, too.

As for the note-taking in church, I don't attend a liturgical church, but I am a prolific note-taker. I don't have a specific form, I just write. I guess the closest form my notes approach is outline, with indentations, but with little marks (like a dash) instead of numbers & letters. For a long time, it has been my way of keeping track of questions I have so that I can remember to ask them later. I should get out some of my notebooks and ask them here, but many of my questions regard issues that are the dividing lines between denominations. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem here. <ETA: ...because I sense this to be a safe place to air even differences on the smaller details.>

With that, I'll post some of my questions. Is everything that comes to pass foreordained by God? I have a hard time with that. According to what I read in the Bible that God wants for us, what His end goal is for us, some of the carp on this earth just doesn't seem like it's necessarily the will of God. I'll allow that God allows things to happen (uh... now we're getting into "free will vs. soveriegnty" territory) because we have free will, so He allows us to make choices whether they are His will or not. Right? Wrong? That's what I understand (have been taught) but am not 100% certain. Also, can someone explain to me "the elect"? And is salvation forever from the moment received? Can you lose your salvation? I know of the passage that states there is one way by blaspheming the Holy Spirit, but that's not what I'm talking about. I guess I'm asking about anything else - about neglecting the relationship w/ God, about not doing proper "upkeep" of your walk w/ God, so to speak. I was raised to believe it's purely faith-based, and that anyone who asks can be saved (without having to be part of "the elect"), and then in the last few years I've heard & read about these other things and got a bit confused. Especially so, since varying & even opposing interpretations can both be based on Scripture. That makes it hard to sort out. Oh - I almost forgot - are there different levels in heaven, and will there be any dishonor there? It was something a guest speaker said, based on Bible verses, that made me wonder about that. <Edited because I realized my casual, conversational tone could be taken as a flippant attitude towards the beliefs that I genuinely want to learn about more.>

I feel like I'm hesitant to embrace anything fully until I KNOW that I KNOW, kwim? It really shouldn't be such a chore, but I end up looking things up in the Greek or Hebrew and trying to figure out if one interpretation is supported by overwhelming Biblical evidence over others. I confess, I don't make much time for that, though. It just feels like if God wants man to have His message so badly, it should be clear and not encoded. <ETA: that's the feeling I get - that maybe I'm making this more complicated than it's meant to be.>

Well, that's all for awhile. I'll try to check back in later this week, and I'll be praying for you all in the meantime.