Menu

Needing prayers

I found a lump last night in my bre@st. There is no family history of bre@st cancer, but I am still scared. I am calling in 20 minutes to try to get a doctor's appointment.

I know it probably isn't anything, but I can't help but think about my dd and dh right now. I haven't told anyone IRL other than dh and won't unless it turns out to be something.

Short update post #31

Edited by Mama Geek

I found a lump last night in my bre@st. There is no family history of bre@st cancer, but I am still scared. I am calling in 20 minutes to try to get a doctor's appointment.

I know it probably isn't anything, but I can't help but think about my dd and dh right now. I haven't told anyone IRL other than dh and won't unless it turns out to be something.

Praying it is nothing but a cyst that will go away. I used to have a lot, but have none now in my older years.

The doctor has scheduled me for a mammogram on Friday afternoon. My mind isn't any more at ease than before.

:grouphug:

I just went through this.

Are you having a mammogram done at a place that reads them right away and can follow-up with an ultrsound if needed? That is so much better than having to wait for a potential call back.

Is it possible to do the new 3-D mammogram? My NP insisted that I do that one and told me that it is better at detecting masses and helping in diagnosis of anything unsual. It takes slices of the breast and gives a clearer image. I has to call around, but was able to locate a facility that did them locally.

:grouphug:

I just went through this.

Are you having a mammogram done at a place that reads them right away and can follow-up with an ultrsound if needed? That is so much better than having to wait for a potential call back.

Is it possible to do the new 3-D mammogram? My NP insisted that I do that one and told me that it is better at detecting masses and helping in diagnosis of anything unsual. It takes slices of the breast and gives a clearer image. I has to call around, but was able to locate a facility that did them locally.

I am not sure what exactly is being done. The doctors office called and set up the appointment. I go back to the doctor on Tuesday after the tests on Friday.

ETA: I did find out today that they have a reader on site and they will do the ultrasound right after if needed.

Edited by Mama Geek