Menu

Jerry Sandusky receives his sentence

They better keep him in solitary. Prisoners don't like child molesters.

I just have NO pity for this man, locked up, unable to find escape from anyone bigger or stronger who might want to torment him. Protection would be a kindness that was not available to those he hurt. He can deal with the general population in prison.

I just have NO pity for this man, locked up, unable to find escape from anyone bigger or stronger who might want to torment him. Protection would be a kindness that was not available to those he hurt. He can deal with the general population in prison.

This.

I don't have pit on him, either, I'm just stating a fact.

I read in one article that he'd probably be in a mininum security type prison for older inmates with health issues (he has sleep apnea and some other thigns apparently....and not alot of hard core convicts there......he'll probably have a fluffy experience :(....as fluffy as prison can be anyway.

I'm disappointed. I think he should have been fed to a pack of wild dogs. That's one of many suitable punishments for him and the only one I think is mild enough to put on a message board.

He, like every other prisoner, deserves to be safe while incarcerated.

I don't wish violence on the guy either (although I'd be very openconsiderations death penalty in such a case), but I just cannot get the above sentence to fit into my head. The thought that this guy "deserves" anything at this point, other than a harsh sentence, is unbelievable. He abused vulnerable children and took advantage of their already 'unsafe' position in the world. I'd say his safety is in his own hands right now. Good luck!

I don't wish violence on the guy either (although I'd be very openconsiderations death penalty in such a case), but I just cannot get the above sentence to fit into my head. The thought that this guy "deserves" anything at this point, other than a harsh sentence, is unbelievable.

I am certainly influenced by my religious background on this issue, but no one deserves to be abused. Everyone deserves safety, no matter how horrible they are. The fact that he cruelly treated others does not mean he is now worthy of any brutality anyone decides to direct towards him. Having been sexually assaulted as a child myself only further cements my belief that no one, and I mean no one, should be brutalized in that way.

I am certainly influenced by my religious background on this issue, but no one deserves to be abused. Everyone deserves safety, no matter how horrible they are. The fact that he cruelly treated others does not mean he is now worthy of any brutality anyone decides to direct towards him. Having been sexually assaulted as a child myself only further cements my belief that no one, and I mean no one, should be brutalized in that way.

I agree with you but I am not religious. We have already gone through the brutal history of an eye for an eye and the horrible things that were once "legal." That is why there is prison.

And before anyone goes accusing me of having sympathy for him or prisoners, no.

It's not enough. The only legal punishment that would suffice is solitary confinement for the rest of his natural life. He shouldn't ever have contact with other people again, nor any chance, no matter how faint, of ever leaving prison. I wouldn't trust him out of prison even if he were a 105 year old paraplegic. He is a vile predator and always will be. I do not believe there is a shred of hope for his humanity in all that mess of a monster.

It's not enough. The only legal punishment that would suffice is solitary confinement for the rest of his natural life. He shouldn't ever have contact with other people again, nor any chance, no matter how faint, of ever leaving prison. I wouldn't trust him out of prison even if he were a 105 year old paraplegic. He is a vile predator and always will be. I do not believe there is a shred of hope for his humanity in all that mess of a monster.

:iagree:

This.

Isn't this a bit of a mental illness? (pedophiles generally convince themselves they are doing good for the children, showing affection, not harming them)

There are plenty of child abusing parents walking the streets today. Thousands, maybe even millions. And while the idea appalls me, I'm not wishing violence on any of them.

As much as I understand the inclination, I don't wish violence, especially the eluded to prison sexual assault or beatings, on anyone. He, like every other prisoner, deserves to be safe while incarcerated.

:iagree: I think wishing daily violence upon any inmate is technically cruel and unusual punishment, isn't it? I thought America is against that type of thing. I am really saddened that the level of sexual assaults in our country's prisons is considered okay and should be something we work to correct, imo.

I don't think they should get to sit around and watch TV, surf the web, or things like that. I do think some sort of labor should be involved. But we should not permit actual crimes.

Yes, this! A s8x offender in Michigan, released due to his age and thought to be safe, continued to prey on children. No, he couldn't physically abuse them, but wow...he sure did manage to mentally abuse them. The things he told them he wanted to do to them was vile, just absolutely, vile.

Lock up, throw away the key. Some actions are so twisted that the individual who made those choices must be allowed to take the natural consequences of their actions - total isolation, no opportunity for victimizing allowed. It is the only reasonable act by a civilized society that seeks to protect the innocent and not the evil doer.

Faith

I agree with you but I am not religious. We have already gone through the brutal history of an eye for an eye and the horrible things that were once "legal." That is why there is prison.

And before anyone goes accusing me of having sympathy for him or prisoners, no.

I agree, also allowing violence in prison (even against those that "deserve" it) puts other prisoners and COs in danger as well.

As much as I understand the inclination, I don't wish violence, especially the eluded to prison sexual assault or beatings, on anyone. He, like every other prisoner, deserves to be safe while incarcerated.

Jerry Sandusky's action were vile. No question. We should not sink to his level by wishing him (or any other prisoner) to be brutalized while incarcerated. That is not justice. It is evil.

Bill

Edited by Spy Car

Yes, this! A s8x offender in Michigan, released due to his age and thought to be safe, continued to prey on children. No, he couldn't physically abuse them, but wow...he sure did manage to mentally abuse them. The things he told them he wanted to do to them was vile, just absolutely, vile.

Lock up, throw away the key. Some actions are so twisted that the individual who made those choices must be allowed to take the natural consequences of their actions - total isolation, no opportunity for victimizing allowed. It is the only reasonable act by a civilized society that seeks to protect the innocent and not the evil doer.

Faith

There is not one shred of evidence that a pedophile can be successfully treated or rehabilitated. Our only solution is to lock them up and throw away the key. However, I maintain prison shouldn't be a vacation. It should be a place no one wants to be.

Sandusky used his statement to mentally mess with those boys one more time. Now that is evil. I have zero sympathy for him. Whatever happens to him there happens to him.

Sandusky used his statement to mentally mess with those boys one more time. Now that is evil. I have zero sympathy for him.

:iagree: I was truly stunned at his statement. I'm also disappointed that he only got 30 years, he deserved more. And his wife -- there has to be evidence that she helped him with "adopting" the victims.

I'm not advocating violence toward him, but it makes me sick to think of him just lounging around, doing workouts and spouting his evil. I wish there was something he could be forced to do in prison that would benefit society and his victims. Use the money he earns there to increase awareness of pedophile methods for grooming and such.

Is Penn State making any donations along those lines? They should IMO.

:iagree: I was truly stunned at his statement. I'm also disappointed that he only got 30 years, he deserved more. And his wife -- there has to be evidence that she helped him with "adopting" the victims.

I'm not advocating violence toward him, but it makes me sick to think of him just lounging around, doing workouts and spouting his evil. I wish there was something he could be forced to do in prison that would benefit society and his victims. Use the money he earns there to increase awareness of pedophile methods for grooming and such.

Not sure about donations but they are willing to pay out to the victims without having a court battle.

I guess the only thing I can take out of this is that he had his day in court and he can go shut up now.

I can't stop thinking about those poor little boys who had no one to turn to in the first place and then they thought they had someone who cared and he used them for his own sick pleasure. And he still doesn't realize he's sick.

I do believe the judge has it so he cannot get out of prison alive - I think it was minimum of 30 years.

Not sure about donations but they are willing to pay out to the victims without having a court battle.

I guess the only thing I can take out of this is that he had his day in court and he can go shut up now.

I can't stop thinking about those poor little boys who had no one to turn to in the first place and then they thought they had someone who cared and he used them for his own sick pleasure. And he still doesn't realize he's sick.

I do believe the judge has it so he cannot get out of prison alive - I think it was minimum of 30 years.

Yes, his attorney said that he will never get out of prison. But I still don't understand why they didn't give him a harsher sentence just to prove a point. If he were younger, would they have still only given him a minimum of 30 years (with the understanding that he could one day get out)? It just makes no sense to me.

:iagree: Our response to him as a society shouldn't be anything that degrades us. Exulting in the prospect of someone being beaten and raped tarnishes our souls. I think Jerry Sandusky should never, ever be released, should never be allowed to lay eyes on a child again, and should be denied any public platform whatsoever (interviews, book, etc) from prison. But he should have his basic needs provided for, including protection from violence.

("Well, but his victims didn't get that privilege." I know - because Sandusky is evil. We're not. We shouldn't allow him to make us so.)

I agree. He should have gotten way more. The news had been saying that he could have gotten up to 300 yrs. I think it's a slap in the face that he appears to have gotten a "light" sentence. Sure, he'll spend the rest of his life in jail but I think the message it sends to the victims is that we'll just to the minimum to make him pay.

If he's going to spout off that kind of vile abuse he really should be put in solitary. How sad for the victims and their families.