Menu

Letter Arrived

Well, there is indeed a letter.

Unfortunately, I promised I wouldn't open it, but let Wolf do so.

He's found a temp job at a golf course, so won't be home until around 5pm, as far as I know.

Gonna be a looooooooooong day.

If you hold it up to a good, strong light, can you read anything???? :D

Curiosity....oh well Imp! Try not to think about it. Maybe plan something extra nice for Wolf for supper; it could be an emotionally taxing evening for him.

But yeah, inquiring minds want to know.

Faith

Wolf's had enough lies and betrayal from his mother to last a lifetime. I won't do the same to him.

It's a long, involved story, but he freely admits that I'm the ONE person that he truly trusts in his life. And that came after *years* of marriage.

From the start of our marriage, he trusted me *more* than any other female (which, since he didn't trust any at all wasn't saying much! :lol:) but after yrs together, my keeping my word, staying true to our vows no matter whats been thrown at us, he trusts me and believes in me w/out question or hesitation.

There's nothing, not even a potential letter bomb waiting, that would cause me to break my word to him.

Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't call and ask if he still wanted me to wait, as it's sitting here, but he's not answering his cell :lol:

Sorry, still not home yet!

Honestly, by the time we get through the letter, supper, kids to bed...I likely won't be able to update til tomorrow.

Not knowing how bad it is, I don't know how he'll react, and how much he might need me. I may not be able to update until he's at work tomorrow.

Sure, fine, take HIS side---leave us (those that have always been there for you) in the cold!!!!

Seriously, hope all goes well

Lara

:lol:

I honestly don't know what to expect. She herself said it was 'awful'. And she's capable of saying the most cutting things and seemingly oblivious to the pain she causes, so for her to say it's awful...I just don't know.

I do have the suspicion that some of the nastiness is aimed at me.

She went on about how she'd made a mistake w/my email addy, and 'jumped to conclusions' and made a dramatic point of telling me how much she loves me on the phone yesterday. So, some alarm bells started going off.

Wolf thinks that this is about us supposed to be moving (she doesn't know he's lost his job and the house) to a house big enough that she could move in. I think it has to do w/us having gone and visited his cousins. In her world, he should never travel anywhere, see anyone, except her.

So, we'll see.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You guys have had enough drama in your life recently that I sincerely hope whatever your MIL is up to is a "tempest in a teapot" kind of thing.

I hope so too.

I expected her to pull something or another once the attention from her disappearing act waned, so I'm guessing this is it.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

You guys have had enough drama in your life recently that I sincerely hope whatever your MIL is up to is a "tempest in a teapot" kind of thing.

It's really too bad you don't have our lazy mailman, Imp. We don't get our mail until 5:30 most nights. You wouldn't have had to wait a minute. :)

You're a good woman to understand how desperately Wolf needs to trust you. I am in a similar position with my dh and would never, ever break that trust. But, man, it would be so, so hard.

It's really too bad you don't have our lazy mailman, Imp. We don't get our mail until 5:30 most nights. You wouldn't have had to wait a minute. :)

You're a good woman to understand how desperately Wolf needs to trust you. I am in a similar position with my dh and would never, ever break that trust. But, man, it would be so, so hard.

Honestly, I'm still completely boggled that she thought it was perfectly reasonable to ask me to steal his letter, throw it in the garbage (unread), and lie to him about it. All to cover for her.

I mean, really? REALLY?!

Honestly, I'm still completely boggled that she thought it was perfectly reasonable to ask me to steal his letter, throw it in the garbage (unread), and lie to him about it. All to cover for her.

I mean, really? REALLY?!

Well, clearly she knows that you adore her, so of course she would assume that you would steal and lie for her. :rolleyes:

PS. The suspense is killing me.

Letter was a big fat load of nothing. She thought I'd blocked her from emailing, and was apologizing (I don't know what I did wrong..) That's it.

As I said to Wolf, "For THIS she'd have had me steal, lie and deceive you? Really?!"

Which makes me wonder if that wasn't the actual point.

I missed the thread where all this started, but I am caught up enough to realize it's just your MIL being a nutbag. Wow.... she's special, isn't she??

She's a speshul snowflake, yuppers!

and then maybe to tattle that you intercepted a letter and threw it away? making you seem like a big liar and thief.

robin

Wouldn't be surprised.

That's what I was thinking, too.

Imp's MIL is creepy.

:iagree:

I just wanted to send :grouphug: to your DH. It's hard to be on the receiving end of so much control and negativity from your parents. :grouphug: to you too, Imp, as it's almost as hard to be the one watching your spouse struggle with their crazy parents.

He pretty much shrugged it off. That she tried to get me to lie and steal upset him more.

:iagree:It sounds like maybe she was setting you up somehow or testing you to see how far she can go. I'm glad the two of you are a team.

It's not the first time she's tried the 'divide and conquer' routine on us. She'd make some nasty comments to me, then deny it when he called her on it. Then, later on, she's tried to get me to side w/her against him, to 'make him' do something she wanted him to do. I told her point blank that I am ALWAYS on his side, period.

You'd think she'd darn well give up by now.

Letter was a big fat load of nothing. She thought I'd blocked her from emailing, and was apologizing (I don't know what I did wrong..) That's it.

As I said to Wolf, "For THIS she'd have had me steal, lie and deceive you? Really?!"

Which makes me wonder if that wasn't the actual point.

That's the first thing I thought too.