Menu

Letter Arrived

Well, I suppose if she was attempting to make you trick him then I simply wouldn't mention the email to see what happened.

It wasn't an email. Was a mailed letter.

That's the first thing I thought too.

Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point. She's tried, repeatedly, to get btwn us. Mainly to get me on her side against him (she seems to have a gender bias, prefering women to men). I've told her point blank that I'm on the side I will always be on...Mine and Wolf's. He and I are a team, and I will never, EVER side w/anyone against him, so quit trying.

The whole 'tattling' thing is ticking me off. I mean, rereading it, I realized that's really what's going on. Mean old Wolf's wife was blocking precious, innocent MIL's email addy, and she was soooooooo sorry for whatever she might have done to upset mean old Wolf's wife...whole martyr victim thing happening.

Man, that must have stuck in her craw to realize she'd actually been screwing the addy up! No wonder she tried to prevent us from reading it...totally invalidates any future claims she may want to make against mean, old Wolf's wife.

I think the response she wanted, when orig writing it was loads of gushing attention, and Wolf to be angry w/me, so that *I* would be forced to dance in attention to her to 'make up'. Yeah. So not happening. Ever.

It wasn't an email. Was a mailed letter.

Honestly, nothing would surprise me at this point. She's tried, repeatedly, to get btwn us. Mainly to get me on her side against him (she seems to have a gender bias, prefering women to men). I've told her point blank that I'm on the side I will always be on...Mine and Wolf's. He and I are a team, and I will never, EVER side w/anyone against him, so quit trying.

The whole 'tattling' thing is ticking me off. I mean, rereading it, I realized that's really what's going on. Mean old Wolf's wife was blocking precious, innocent MIL's email addy, and she was soooooooo sorry for whatever she might have done to upset mean old Wolf's wife...whole martyr victim thing happening.

Man, that must have stuck in her craw to realize she'd actually been screwing the addy up! No wonder she tried to prevent us from reading it...totally invalidates any future claims she may want to make against mean, old Wolf's wife.

I think the response she wanted, when orig writing it was loads of gushing attention, and Wolf to be angry w/me, so that *I* would be forced to dance in attention to her to 'make up'. Yeah. So not happening. Ever.

I think you should send her some cupcakes. ;):D

She's a speshul snowflake, yuppers!

Wouldn't be surprised.

:iagree:

He pretty much shrugged it off. That she tried to get me to lie and steal upset him more.

It's not the first time she's tried the 'divide and conquer' routine on us. She'd make some nasty comments to me, then deny it when he called her on it. Then, later on, she's tried to get me to side w/her against him, to 'make him' do something she wanted him to do. I told her point blank that I am ALWAYS on his side, period.

You'd think she'd darn well give up by now.

We can wish she would give up, but the thing is...She will never give up, at least that is how my mil is. It's like she has some crazy vision of how things should be in her mind and pig will fly before she'll ever give up.

We can wish she would give up, but the thing is...She will never give up, at least that is how my mil is. It's like she has some crazy vision of how things should be in her mind and pig will fly before she'll ever give up.

*sigh* I know.

She's been h*ll bent and determined to move in w/us since we exchanged vows. She raised Wolf w/the litany that he owed her for adopting him, and he was to take care of her in her old age. She told me, mins after exchanging vows, that she was so happy he married me b/c she wouldn't ever have to be in a nursing home now.

A few mths after we were married, she was emailing me, talking about us buying a house w/a basement suite so she could move in and 'help' w/the mortgage.

She's demanded that we move to some small town in BC b/c "I have friends there, I would be ok living there" and had a fit when Wolf pointed out a) there are no jobs for him and b) we couldn't afford to live there. It would work for HER, so how dare he not be willing?!

I know what she wants. She's been told NO in no uncertain terms I don't know how many times, but anything she doesn't want to hear she doesn't.

When she visited her bros and their wives back in June, they took her for a tour of the assisted living and nursing home facility in the town. Wolf said, "Gee, Mom, you think they were trying to give you a hint?"

She can't POSSIBLY live there. There are no sidewalks in that town. She couldn't possibly get around.

It's a small flipping town, maybe 100 houses...no sidewalks, but you don't need them! Everything is paved, etc. But that's her excuse, no sidewalks. She refuses to budge unless we move her in w/us. Sooner or later, she's going to get declared incompetant (she def is showing signs of Alzheimer's/dementia) and will be forcibly removed from her apt as a danger to herself/others. And when that happens, she'll be stuck in another province, where we cannot visit, as it's about 16 hrs one way. We'd be lucky to manage it once a yr. Maybe, given Wolf's current unemployment situation, and not knowing where he may end up working.

But, it's her stubborn pride, her demand that will end up being her biggest enemy, and she'll have nobody to blame but herself when she ends up alone. Of course, SHE won't ever see it that way, it'll totally be our fault, but...Can't change crazy.