Menu

My Grand Daughter is Here! My dear daughter, Stacey, needs good thoughts/prayer.....

What a cute baby! I hope your daughter recovers quickly. :grouphug:

Make sure your daughter talks to a Lactation Consultant (insurance covers the visit- even the medical card pays for a visit (if that applies to her) and some WIC offices have them too) about pumping (pumps are covered by insurance or she can get one from WIC) if need be until she gets back to full health and gets her supply in order. I would also recommend getting in contact with La Leche League so she can get support for when she comes home with nursing. (they have FREE monthly meetings)

Oh, joy!!!!

She is beautiful, perfect, utterly beloved!

Prayers for Stacey (all around, for you need sleep and Mr. New Dad will need both sleep and wisdom).

I think you should give FaithManor Stacey's phone number if she starts thinking about getting up and busy too soon. Faith will double down the lecture you've probably already given her, Mariann!

Praising the LORD for this long awaited gift!

Thank you! (((hugs)))

What a precious little one! Praying for a speedy recovery for mama. I'm filing away that name you called FIL for future use.:D
tee-hee ----the name is great - they are so totally flummoxed by it, they are stunned into silence.

Praying for Stacey's recovery.

Cindy

She's beautiful, congratulations! for your DD.

The 2nd picture is my favorite, such a darling. Congratulations! Prayers for dd. I hope everyone is cuddled up together at home soon.

She's beautiful -- congratulations! Saying a prayer for Stacey's recovery, and wow, she and her husband are blessed to have you on their side!

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, Mariann! She's beautiful! What a pretty name, too. Praying for Stacey. I hope she gets lots of rest and is on the mend soon.

Absolutely beautiful!!!! I love how she has her little finger by her mouth...she looks like she's thinking hard...so precious!!!!!

What a cute baby! I hope your daughter recovers quickly.

Make sure your daughter talks to a Lactation Consultant (insurance covers the visit- even the medical card pays for a visit (if that applies to her) and some WIC offices have them too) about pumping (pumps are covered by insurance or she can get one from WIC) if need be until she gets back to full health and gets her supply in order. I would also recommend getting in contact with La Leche League so she can get support for when she comes home with nursing. (they have FREE monthly meetings)

thank you -- yup - she has a lactation consultant and the it is going well thankfully. ~smiles~

Prayers. And :grouphug:!!!

Hope she regains her strength as quickly as possible.

Congrats, your granddaughter is beautiful. Thank goodness you are there to help and keep the in-laws in place. I hope her recovery is a speedy one.

Congratulations grandma!!!! :grouphug:

Congratulations to you all on the gorgeous new grand-daughter. Hope your daughter gets some good rest and recovers soon.

What a precious little baby! Congrats to you, your daughter and your entire family! I will pray for Stacey's smooth recovery.

First, Congratulations!!!!!!!

2nd, cash bar in hospitals rooms, good gad, you've done it! You've gone and solved the health care crisis!!! You are a bloody genius!!!

Lastly, I am sure she will be fine.

LOL!!! Yes, I think the fact that it is ca$h is what will make it work -- no receipts, no paper trail. ;-)

Beautiful!! Praying for Stacey's complete healing.

Thank you all -- stacey seems to have had a relatively restful night - she is not sleeping well, but she does feel like she is getting some strength back.

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. (((hugs)))

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!! What a precious bundle!

Now, having BTDT with my third child and nearly died, I have words of sage advice for Stacey who will think she's super mom and think, "Oh, I can manage", and other such poppy-cock.

She is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, but nurse that baby. Wash, rinse, repeat. NOTHING...nurse, sleep, nurse, eat, nurse drink, wash, rinse repeat. That includes diapers, that includes taking care of the other children, it includes EVERYTHING!!!!!!! He is off until Oct. 15th and he can play, "Mr. Mom" to critical acclaim with a loving grandma keeping a close eye out for the family and two little aunties that would love nothing more than to be helpful if that is necessary.

That's the rule. All violators should be punished...as in...sent to bed away from everyone else with the baby NOT in the room so the beautiful princess is brought to mamma when it is time to eat.

Tell her I said so. I did not heed that advice. I convinced myself I could super-mom my way through it. I checked myself out of the hospital AMA because I thought I could make it and HATE hospitals. I pushed myself. Guess what happened. I nearly died on top of which my bone marrow has never fully recovered despite transfusions, I have ongoing issues because of it, and because my physical recovery lagged on, ds ended up on bottles so dh and my mom could take care of him. I ended up regretting not doing what I was told.

So, BE TOUGH! I give you permission. :D

Tell Mario I said to bungee cord her to the bed if necessary. ;)

Prayers absolutely. Stacey and hubby have been in my prayer journal for a very long time and I won't remove them until you give me the all clear.

Faith

Tell her this Faithe says so too. I have had a similar situation, but lost our baby in the process....she needs total rest....and a babymoon.

Congrats to you Grandma! And to Stacey and her family......Welcome Regina Quinn!!!

UPDATE: Doing this quickly as I am running out to 9am Mass.

Stacey's doctor says that he will be much happier when he starts hearing bowel sounds- which he is not hearing yet - sorry for being graphic.

They are going to let her try a liquid diet today and are going to let her walk 3 feet to the nursing recliner and see if tonight she can shower and walk back to bed.

The baby is 'awake' and hungry. Stacey's milk is coming in, so mother nature is definitely on the job.

Stacey is still weak, and they will decide today if there will be more transfusions. Her doctor (as are we) is very pleased that they have avoided the OR for almost 48 hours now.

Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming -- I know we are seeing positive results because of those.:grouphug:

Congratulations! :grouphug:

Congratulations on the precious little one and prayers for Stacey!

Tell her this Faithe says so too. I have had a similar situation, but lost our baby in the process....she needs total rest....and a babymoon.

Congrats to you Grandma! And to Stacey and her family......Welcome Regina Quinn!!!

Mommy update please! I hope she's doing better! :grouphug: I also agree with total rest. I ended up with PPD after the complicated birth of my first (that included blood transfusions) and trying to do it all.

She is so precious! I am praying for your daughter and your family!!! What a sweet blessing!!!

Congrats Grandma and we will be praying for your daughter! Keep us updated!

Prayers for Stacey for a speedy and complete recovery!! :grouphug:

And congrats on the new baby, Grandma!!! :D

Thank you all so much....i can't wait to go up to nj and see her again - probably thurs or fri.

Stacey was able to get out of bed this morning and they are going to give her food so i am encouraged by that. :)

Thank you all so much....i can't wait to go up to nj and see her again - probably thurs or fri.

Stacey was able to get out of bed this morning and they are going to give her food so i am encouraged by that. :)

Yay! This was the exact progression I followed in terms of recovery (food, get up 2 days later). I hope she continues on the road to recovery!

That little baby is so precious, you lucky grandma! Being a grandma must be so fun.

Yay! This was the exact progression I followed in terms of recovery (food, get up 2 days later). I hope she continues on the road to recovery!

That little baby is so precious, you lucky grandma! Being a grandma must be so fun.

Thank you -- i didn't have a timeline, only the one when i delivered stacey 33 years ago and the same thing happened, but it seems now to be the same -- that's good to know.

And, i imagine it will be fun -- it will be what I make it, right? and I intend to make it fun.:)

Congratulations, Grandma! I hope Stacey continues to do well.

I am also tickled pink to think you are probably driving right by me. :)

I am so late on this, but hoping all is well and she is beautiful!

What a sweety!

:grouphug: and prayers for your dd.

Glad to hear that Stacey is improving and that the baby is doing well.

Still praying for both of them!

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. Her hemoglobin is 7.1 so it is moving up in very increments but up is better than down. Her doctor would like 12. She is very very tired, but hanging in there with breastfeeding. She got out of bed today and walked a few steps. Her heartrate is much lower (97) and her blood pressure is normal. Her doctor (who I adore) is extremely cautious and told her he doesn't think she will go home till the end of the week AND then only if either my sister or I take on the job of 'nurse' and go stay at stacey's house. I had actually been tweaking my friday and weekend schedule to do just that if stacey and her husband wanted me to go and stay there so I'm glad her doctor said it's non-negotiable. I can be certain that she stays in bed and does nothing except nurse the baby - I can also keep her a**hat in-laws away. ROFL!!!!!!!

Congrats!! Healing prayers headed Stacey's way!

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that she is doing better.

I had to click on the second photo again to get another look at that precious little one! :001_smile:

awwww, thanks. I have demanded more pictures - there were no new ones today. I've filed a formal protest.:D

stacey is improving and i am so relieved. Every day out of the O.R. is a wonderful thing. I am tweaking, adjusting and moving things around so I can go stay with her and her husband and basically be the night baby nurse so they can sleep -- probably friday through sunday -- i'm up at night anyway so i'm a natural for this. And, I will get quality baby time. :001_smile:

How did I miss this???

Oh.my.goodness!!!!! What a precious bundle!

Congratulations to all of you, and prayers for your daughter! Try to tell her at least 1000 times to take it easy, hoping she will take the time to get better. (And I am sending virtual duct tape for you know who, geez, I LOVED your response!).

Congrats!! Healing prayers headed Stacey's way!

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear that she is doing better.

I had to click on the second photo again to get another look at that precious little one! :001_smile:

How did I miss this???

Oh.my.goodness!!!!! What a precious bundle!

Congratulations to all of you, and prayers for your daughter! Try to tell her at least 1000 times to take it easy, hoping she will take the time to get better. (And I am sending virtual duct tape for you know who, geez, I LOVED your response!).

Susan C: Thank you! I am going to spend a few days with her to make sure she cements herself to that bed. I can take the time to give them both a rest AND to teach her dh what he needs to know to be able to keep things running smoothly so she can rest.

I'm glad Stacey is continuing to improve. Will Regina be known as Cupcake? ;)

Julianna: Thank you - :001_smile: - and honestly, and here I am admitting it, I love the middle name so much, and i know that it was one of the names I suggested as a first name, I am going to call her Regina Quinn - first name and middle name. I was so scared and worried when I was waiting for Stacey to get out of the O.R. and so upset when I saw her in the recovery room, as long as they hadn't named the baby Hermione or Brunhilde, I can live with it. I should also add that stacey's MIL doesn't seem to 'like' the name, and that makes me like it even more.;)

Thank you!!!! I have co-op today with the twins, but I will have my laptop with me and I am hoping for good updates and more baby pix.:)

Congratulations, Grandma! Regina Quinn is precious. Prayers for Stacey's recovery!

Beautiful! She's precious, congrats to all of you and I hope mom recovers quickly!

And I love the name Regina! (I'm loving Regina Spektor lately - here's a beautiful song 'Real Love' :D )

Thank you and thank you. Cannot wait to get back to nj and see my dd and that beautiful baby girl. Thank you for the song, and the name has grown on me -- as I said, stacey's MIL was so clearly not happy with the name (that her son announced) well, that made me think it was just perfect.;)

I just saw this thread and I must say congratulations.

I was in the ICU last year after my fifth was born at 36 1/2 weeks and I can totally relate to the blood transfusions.

Regina is a beautiful name - Latin name for queen and one of the names of Our Lady. Every time I say a "Salve Regina", I will think of your granddaughter.

Susan C: Thank you! I am going to spend a few days with her to make sure she cements herself to that bed. I can take the time to give them both a rest AND to teach her dh what he needs to know to be able to keep things running smoothly so she can rest.

Mariann,

Cement is nice, but it is hard on the skin. Bungee cords work very well!;)

Faith

I just saw this thread and I must say congratulations.

I was in the ICU last year after my fifth was born at 36 1/2 weeks and I can totally relate to the blood transfusions.

Regina is a beautiful name - Latin name for queen and one of the names of Our Lady. Every time I say a "Salve Regina", I will think of your granddaughter.

(((hugs))) THAT is so nice -- thank you. I think of the Salve Regina chorus everytime i say her name.:)

Mariann,

Cement is nice, but it is hard on the skin. Bungee cords work very well!;)

Faith

Got them in the mini van!;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tee hee!!!!!

Oh, and dh and I are hosting the brunch after the Baptism (which probably won't be till December). MIL is always hosting everything at her house and since we are not in NJ but in Va, we don't host anything.......well, enough of that. I've been in touch with a gorgeous country club and this party is OURS!!!!!

UPDATE: Stacey will go home wither thurs or fri. I will go to their house on fri and stay till monday morning. I will be the baby/mommy nurse and I will make sure stacey sleeps all night and stays in bed/off her feet all day. I will show her dh what has to be done and how to run the house. PS: I will also keep unwanted visitors away.;) NEW PHOTO BELOW:

post-10544-13535087501115_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535087501115_thumb.jpg

(((hugs)))

UPDATE: Stacey will go home wither thurs or fri. I will go to their house on fri and stay till monday morning. I will be the baby/mommy nurse and I will make sure stacey sleeps all night and stays in bed/off her feet all day. I will show her dh what has to be done and how to run the house. PS: I will also keep unwanted visitors away.;) NEW PHOTO BELOW:

You should get a t-shirt that says, "Just call me 'The Enforcer'!" :D

Faith

Thank you and thank you. Cannot wait to get back to nj and see my dd and that beautiful baby girl. Thank you for the song, and the name has grown on me -- as I said, stacey's MIL was so clearly not happy with the name (that her son announced) well, that made me think it was just perfect.;)

:lol::lol::lol: YOU are a hoot!!!!! I Also love the middle name, and Regina Quinn is a very pretty name.

You should get a t-shirt that says, "Just call me 'The Enforcer'!" :D

Faith

I was thinking: 'The Gatekeeper';)

Love the new photo!

I'm so glad you get to help out and get lots of snuggle time with Regina Quinn! :001_smile:

Thank you -- tons of snuggle time on the horizon!

:lol::lol::lol: YOU are a hoot!!!!! I Also love the middle name, and Regina Quinn is a very pretty name.

Denise: I don't have to tell you that if i didn't laugh, I'd probably cry......OR drink a lot!!!!!!

:D