Menu

My Grand Daughter is Here! My dear daughter, Stacey, needs good thoughts/prayer.....

UPDATE:

Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. Her hemoglobin is 7.1 so it is moving up in very increments but up is better than down. Her doctor would like 12. She is very very tired, but hanging in there with breastfeeding. She got out of bed today and walked a few steps. Her heartrate is much lower (97) and her blood pressure is normal. Her doctor (who I adore) is extremely cautious and told her he doesn't think she will go home till the end of the week AND then only if either my sister or I take on the job of 'nurse' and go stay at stacey's house. I had actually been tweaking my friday and weekend schedule to do just that if stacey and her husband wanted me to go and stay there so I'm glad her doctor said it's non-negotiable. I can be certain that she stays in bed and does nothing except nurse the baby - I can also keep her a**hat in-laws away. ROFL!!!!!!!

Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming -- I know we are seeing positive results because of those.:grouphug:

photo of Regina Quinn is below. She arrived on 9/9 at 11:11am. She weighed 6lbs and 10 oz and is 20 inches long.

She is just perfect. The sweetest temperment.

My daughter, Stacey, began to bleed out in the OR after the c-section. She remains very weak, and is being watched closely. She has received a blood transfusion (yesterday) and we are waiting on her latest blood test results to see if she will have another tonight.

Regina Quinn is nursing well which is good for stacey as it is helping her uterus contract.

My two older grand daughters, Allison and Emily, saw the baby yesterday afternoon and were enthralled with her. My son in law is off from his teaching job till October 15, which is a good thing b/c I see it taking a while for Stacey to get back on her feet.

I drove to NJ just before midnight saturday -- by the time i arrived home here last night, I had gone 39 hours without sleep and had spent 10 of those hours driving. I napped long and hard today, and I anticipate an early night tonight.

Stacey is going to try to get some sleep she tells me -- she still cannot eat and she is hoping that by this time tomorrow they will let her have some jello or liquids.

I have decided that if hospitals had cash bars in their family waiting rooms, this country would be able to fund health care for ALL. I dauwatched many families have a lot of drama for quite a few hours.:glare:

good thoughts, positive wishes and prayers are much appreciated for Stacey's full recovery.

thank you

post-10544-13535087497816_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535087497916_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535087497816_thumb.jpg

post-10544-13535087497916_thumb.jpg

Edited by MariannNOVA

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!! What a precious bundle!

Now, having BTDT with my third child and nearly died, I have words of sage advice for Stacey who will think she's super mom and think, "Oh, I can manage", and other such poppy-cock.

She is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, but nurse that baby. Wash, rinse, repeat. NOTHING...nurse, sleep, nurse, eat, nurse drink, wash, rinse repeat. That includes diapers, that includes taking care of the other children, it includes EVERYTHING!!!!!!! He is off until Oct. 15th and he can play, "Mr. Mom" to critical acclaim with a loving grandma keeping a close eye out for the family and two little aunties that would love nothing more than to be helpful if that is necessary.

That's the rule. All violators should be punished...as in...sent to bed away from everyone else with the baby NOT in the room so the beautiful princess is brought to mamma when it is time to eat.

Tell her I said so. I did not heed that advice. I convinced myself I could super-mom my way through it. I checked myself out of the hospital AMA because I thought I could make it and HATE hospitals. I pushed myself. Guess what happened. I nearly died on top of which my bone marrow has never fully recovered despite transfusions, I have ongoing issues because of it, and because my physical recovery lagged on, ds ended up on bottles so dh and my mom could take care of him. I ended up regretting not doing what I was told.

So, BE TOUGH! I give you permission. :D

Tell Mario I said to bungee cord her to the bed if necessary. ;)

Prayers absolutely. Stacey and hubby have been in my prayer journal for a very long time and I won't remove them until you give me the all clear.

Faith

Cute baby! Congrats to your family and prayers for a swift and complete recovery for your DD.

She is SO PRECIOUS!!!!! Rest up, please. Stacey is in good hands. I hope for a speedy recovery for her!

Thank you and thank you. :001_smile: i am going to tweak some lesson plans and fall probably asleep doing that. While this was physically draining, emotionally the worry just totally did me in.

thank you again.:grouphug::grouphug:

Oh gosh, she is just precious! Congratulations to your family. I'll pray for your daugher Stacey.

And I'm in love with her name. Regina Quinn. Just perfect!

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!!! What a precious bundle!

Now, having BTDT with my third child and nearly died, I have words of sage advice for Stacey who will think she's super mom and think, "Oh, I can manage", and other such poppy-cock.

She is to do nothing, absolutely nothing, but nurse that baby. Wash, rinse, repeat. NOTHING...nurse, sleep, nurse, eat, nurse drink, wash, rinse repeat. That includes diapers, that includes taking care of the other children, it includes EVERYTHING!!!!!!! He is off until Oct. 15th and he can play, "Mr. Mom" to critical acclaim with a loving grandma keeping a close eye out for the family and two little aunties that would love nothing more than to be helpful if that is necessary.

That's the rule. All violators should be punished...as in...sent to bed away from everyone else with the baby NOT in the room so the beautiful princess is brought to mamma when it is time to eat.

Tell her I said so. I did not heed that advice. I convinced myself I could super-mom my way through it. I checked myself out of the hospital AMA because I thought I could make it and HATE hospitals. I pushed myself. Guess what happened. I nearly died on top of which my bone marrow has never fully recovered despite transfusions, I have ongoing issues because of it, and because my physical recovery lagged on, ds ended up on bottles so dh and my mom could take care of him. I ended up regretting not doing what I was told.

So, BE TOUGH! I give you permission. :D

Tell Mario I said to bungee cord her to the bed if necessary.

Prayers absolutely. Stacey and hubby have been in my prayer journal for a very long time and I won't remove them until you give me the all clear.

Faith

Congratulations! What a sweet baby and a great birthdate to match. :D

I hope your daughter recovers quickly. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well!

SJ

The baby is absolutely beautiful, Mariann! :001_wub:

I'll pray for Stacey. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

She's precious. Praying...

You are all so kind......thank you!

Faith: I cut and pasted your sage advice and sent it to stacey. thank you for taking the time to share that. :grouphug: While my son in law was scared to death yesterday and looked so forlorn that even I (in my awful emotional state) felt badly for him, his parents are a**hats and I think they expect to show up next week and have stacey put a meal on the table for them. Yesterday,when the doctor was speaking to stacey's husband and I was paying attention (the doctor and I have known each other for years), the FIL wouldn't shut up. I glared at him. When the doctor was finished, stacey's husband and I were shaken and upset and trying to compose ourselves. Mr. a**hat says: 'Oh, everyone goes through this. It's just that they had to clean things up when they got in there.' :cursing: At this point, I had kept my mouth shut for 7 hours in this idiot's presence. But now my worst fears had been confirmed and my mind was racing. I took a few steps towards him and said: 'It's a uterus, douchecanoe. Not a toxic landfill.' And I walked to the nursery to watch my grand daughter. Fortunately, the MIL and FIL left -- I was stunned. their son was like a zombie -- I stayed (you couldn't have paid me to leave) and he and I 'bonded' I guess. I don't think he's ever seen that I have any purpose, but I think his opinion of me has changed.

See if you can get the docs to get a prolactin level on your daughter. It should be a simple blood test.

I have a pp hemorrhage and needed 4 transfusions. Unfortunately I guess my body decided to prioritize my health and I didn't make enough milk. I wasted too much time waiting for milk, trying to get the baby to nurse, etc when a simple blood test would have told me there was no way I could make enough milk right away.

I hope this doesn't happen, but if it seems like there's a problem with milk production, get the test!

While my son in law was scared to death yesterday and looked so forlorn that even I (in my awful emotional state) felt badly for him, his parents are a**hats and I think they expect to show up next week and have stacey put a meal on the table for them. Yesterday,when the doctor was speaking to stacey's husband and I was paying attention (the doctor and I have known each other for years), the FIL wouldn't shut up. I glared at him. When the doctor was finished, stacey's husband and I were shaken and upset and trying to compose ourselves. Mr. a**hat says: 'Oh, everyone goes through this. It's just that they had to clean things up when they got in there.' :cursing: At this point, I had kept my mouth shut for 7 hours in this idiot's presence. But now my worst fears had been confirmed and my mind was racing. I took a few steps towards him and said: 'It's a uterus, douchecanoe. Not a toxic landfill.' And I walked to the nursery to watch my grand daughter. Fortunately, the MIL and FIL left -- I was stunned. their son was like a zombie -- I stayed (you couldn't have paid me to leave) and he and I 'bonded' I guess. I don't think he's ever seen that I have any purpose, but I think his opinion of me has changed.

Donkeybutt and I need to go a round or two! :boxing_smiley::smash::cursing: I guarantee you I win! Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't end up with a rap sheet, but I will win! :D

I'm glad you took the lout on and stood up for Stacey.

Faith

You are all so kind......thank you!

Faith: I cut and pasted your sage advice and sent it to stacey. thank you for taking the time to share that. :grouphug: While my son in law was scared to death yesterday and looked so forlorn that even I (in my awful emotional state) felt badly for him, his parents are a**hats and I think they expect to show up next week and have stacey put a meal on the table for them. Yesterday,when the doctor was speaking to stacey's husband and I was paying attention (the doctor and I have known each other for years), the FIL wouldn't shut up. I glared at him. When the doctor was finished, stacey's husband and I were shaken and upset and trying to compose ourselves. Mr. a**hat says: 'Oh, everyone goes through this. It's just that they had to clean things up when they got in there.' :cursing: At this point, I had kept my mouth shut for 7 hours in this idiot's presence. But now my worst fears had been confirmed and my mind was racing. I took a few steps towards him and said: 'It's a uterus, douchecanoe. Not a toxic landfill.' And I walked to the nursery to watch my grand daughter. Fortunately, the MIL and FIL left -- I was stunned. their son was like a zombie -- I stayed (you couldn't have paid me to leave) and he and I 'bonded' I guess. I don't think he's ever seen that I have any purpose, but I think his opinion of me has changed.

He sounds like such an a$$. Good for you giving him the business. :banghead:

As for that sweet bundle of joy...beautiful...just beautiful! :D

Prays for Stacey and hope her recovery will be quick and smooth. :grouphug:

Congratulations! What a sweet baby and a great birthdate to match. :D

I hope your daughter recovers quickly. Don't forget to take care of yourself as well!

SJ

Agreeing with others that "precious" is the word to describe that baby!

Healing and recovery for your daughter.

Absolutely will pray--saw it on DeNovo, too.

Beautiful grandbaby!

Little Regina is perfect! :grouphug: Praying for Stacey.

Congratulations! So happy. Please keep us updated on Stacey, though.

Congrats! Sending positive thoughts to you and your family! Gorgeous baby by the way.:001_smile:

Mariann, she is absolutely gorgeous. Your dd is in my prayers.

What a beautiful baby!!! Hope your daughter heals quickly.

Enjoy the new grand! Love the name!

Congrats! She is beautiful!

May I suggest that SIL gets your daughter some liquid chlorophyll? It can help rebuild her blood. This would of course be in addition to all the Drs are reccomending.

Super cute, little Regina Quinn. Healing prayers for Stacey. A scary time for all of you.

Awww - sweet!

Regina Quinn is lovely. I will pray for all. I hope Stacey is feeling better, and that you get some rest. :grouphug:

See if you can get the docs to get a prolactin level on your daughter. It should be a simple blood test.

I have a pp hemorrhage and needed 4 transfusions. Unfortunately I guess my body decided to prioritize my health and I didn't make enough milk. I wasted too much time waiting for milk, trying to get the baby to nurse, etc when a simple blood test would have told me there was no way I could make enough milk right away.

I hope this doesn't happen, but if it seems like there's a problem with milk production, get the test!

thank you for this suggestion -- i called them and told son in law to tell the doctor that we thought we should have this test done in case it hadn't been.

Congrats! Awesome incredible news.

Hoping your dd has a speedy recovery and is able to fully enjoy the new baby girl.

Precious babe, prayers for Stacey's recovery.

What a beautiful baby! Praying your dd recovers quickly.

She is beautiful. My prayers are with Stacey and all of you. I think you're a champ for putting FIL in his place.

Congratulations Big Penguin!

She is precious.

I hope your DD is recovering quickly and that you are able to rest and rejuvenate for an awesome autumn. I bet lots of road trips are in your future.

congratulations... Regina is beautiful. prayers your daughter's recovery.

He sounds like such an a$$. Good for you giving him the business.

As for that sweet bundle of joy...beautiful...just beautiful!

Prays for Stacey and hope her recovery will be quick and smooth.

What a beautiful new granddaughter, Mariann! Prayers for your daughter's peace and health.

:grouphug: for you!

Karen

So sweet! Do you have pictures of her little baby feet...I love baby feet.:D

Oh, I bet she's going to have a blast getting to know her grandmama! Best wishes to the parents and prayers for a smooth recovery.

:iagree:

Congratulations on your new granddaughter! I wish your DD a speedy recovery. It must have been scary for everyone!

She is beautiful! I will l pray for Stacey.

Oh, what a sweet an dbeautiful baby! Praying for your daughter.

Beautiful baby, great birthday! (Shares it with my eldest )

Will absolutely be praying. . . .

Congrats and praying for your dd! Your new grandbaby is just beautiful!

Congratulations, Mariann! What a sweet baby and , of course, prayers for your dd and You!

Beautiful little baby!! Prayers for your daughters healing !

I will be praying for Stacy. The baby is beautiful!!

:grouphug:

thank you all so much -- your lovely words and prayers are so very much appreciated. hugs from me.

Oh, joy!!!!

She is beautiful, perfect, utterly beloved!

Prayers for Stacey (all around, for you need sleep and Mr. New Dad will need both sleep and wisdom).

I think you should give FaithManor Stacey's phone number if she starts thinking about getting up and busy too soon. Faith will double down the lecture you've probably already given her, Mariann!

Praising the LORD for this long awaited gift!