Menu

What weight of chocolate do you (just you) eat each week?

What weight of chocolate do you personally eat each week?  

1. 1. What weight of chocolate do you personally eat each week?

• None
    • 1-2 ounces or 28g-56g
    • 3-4 ounces or 85g-110g
    • 5-6 ounces or 140-170g
    • 7-8 ounces or 200-225g
    • 9-10 ounces or 250g-280g
    • More than 11 ounces or 310g

I have no idea. I have, lately, cut my consumption of chocolate significantly. I do still enjoy a small piece now and then...rather than the constant barrage I used to eat. Small steps!

As a side note, my oldest son's first two words were not dada and mama. They were "chalk-it" and "pep-ees." Guess that tells you how bad my diet used to be!

Not a lot, despite the fact that I do love chocolate. I only like dark chocolate though. After going to the dark side, milk chocolate generally tastes awful. There are a few exceptions to the rule though. I can eat the !@#$ out of a Magnum bar and those are coated in milk chocolate. I also on occasion like regular milk chocolate Hershey's Kisses, but can only eat 2 or 3. Put a bag of dark chocolate Hershey's kisses in front of me though and watch out.

99.9% of the time it would be 0%. Lactose intolerant and milk chocolate is not a good combination.

Having said that yesterday I ate about 10,000 Hersheys chocolate kisses. :confused:

Well, the best chocolate is dark chocolate anyway :)

I voted about 8 oz, because I like about 1 oz a day for my health :)

I like chocolate fine, I just don't eat it very often. I don't keep candy in the house. I do have cocoa for baking, but that isn't something I do even every month.

I voted none, because I can go for weeks without eating any. Well I do eat the occasional power bar and those often have a sanitary chocolate coating, but that is not real chocolate. That is just to keep the dust out. :lol:

Well I do eat the occasional power bar and those often have a sanitary chocolate coating, but that is not real chocolate. That is just to keep the dust out.

:lol::lol:

You know, I never would have thought to use 'sanitary' and 'chocolate' in the same sentence :)

Edited by shukriyya
afterthought

I usually have chocolate once to twice a year. around Christmas I'll eat a chocolate orange and some after eights (I LOVE those things), and then whenever my dh has relatives from Norway coming over I have them bring me 1 or 2 chocolate bars from there, but that only happens every 2-3 years.

99.9% of the time it would be 0%. Lactose intolerant and milk chocolate is not a good combination.

Having said that yesterday I ate about 10,000 Hersheys chocolate kisses. :confused:

If you are a chocolate lover, buy Navitas Natural raw cacao powder and combine it with stevia (or sweetener of your choice) and coconut oil. Eat as much as you want. It is a health food.;). I am going to also try this with coconut sugar crystals. They are low glycemic.

I cant do dairy and dairy free chocolate is expensive - but many many nights (esp when stressed, in pain, pmsing, whatever) i make hot cocoa using cocoa powder, sugar, some powdered potato milk, hot water, soy milk. Marshmallows and sometimes kahlua. But i'm pretty sure a tb of cocoa powder . .. idk, how does that compare to an oz of chocolate?

Dh bought me . . . i think 4 dozen vegan truffles at xmas and i still have 6. I also sometimes buy some chocolate at whole foods that doesnt bother me, but sometimes turn that in to fudge to make it go further (the fudge has cocoa and chocolate and margarine and a tad of soy milk and lots of powdered sugar)

so how would all this count? no clue

Hey, look what I just found in an article on "Top 10 Superfoods for Women" on Yahoo News...

Enjoying a small amount of flavonoid-filled dark chocolate may prevent clogged arteries and reduce your risk of developing heart disease. Also, eating up to 3.6 ounces daily can be as effective as beta-blockers and ACE inhibitors at lowering blood pressure, notes a recent Archives of Internal Medicine study.

See?? Dark chocolate isn't candy, it's health food - heck, it's practically medicine (as effective as beta-blockers and ACE inhibitors?!). And apparently I'm not eating enough daily!! :D Eat up, ladies!!

I voted 1-2 oz.- averaged. I will go weeks without any chocolate, then I'll get a chocolate craving and grab a dark chocolate bar (around that time of the month). I'll usually just break a piece off here and there and keep the rest in the fridge until I eat it all.

Yesterday DH brought me the last piece of a dark chocolate bar that I had picked up for an "emergency supply" before he went away for 9 days for work and he's been home now for 5 days. He helped himself to a chunk before he gave me the last piece.

I love dark chocolate. I don't know how much I eat, though. There are phases where I feel like I am eating a pound a week and other phases where I am eating a pound every 6 months. I don't care for milk chocolate nor do I care overly much for "plain" dark chocolate - I like mine to have almonds or hazelnuts in it.