Menu

Poll: Do you have a world map on your wall?

Do you have a world map on your wall?  

1. 1. Do you have a world map on your wall?

• Yes, in our school room.
    • Yes, in a shared living space.
    • Yes, in a child's room.
    • No.
    • Other

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't have room for two big maps to be on the wall.

I bought a US map and a world map, and my DH had them mounted on foam core--pretty inexpensive. This gave them stiffness so we could stand them on a low bookshelf against the wall and store one behind the other, bringing them out as needed. It has worked out very well.

Other: we used to have beautiful maps on the walls in our last house. We honestly do not have any wall space in our present house. The children spent lots of time looking over those maps. They also loved the Sonlight folding map. We kind of dropped maps of all kinds when we moved. How sad.

My oldest has a map covering one entire wall. It came with the house. We thought it was cool. This summer I mod podged a fabric map onto our old kitchen table and it's now in the school room. It has already come in very handy while reading about Columbus with my 2nd grader. Very, very handy. Easier than being on the wall because it's right there at our fingertips. No getting up off the chair, and it's bigger than the globe.

Well we have maps up on the dining room wall now and the living room wall.

I went from rolled up in a container, [mind you that was 2 months after we moved across country] to 4 up on the walls.

Someday I will have a home first, but with so many littles I am leaving them up for now. Plus, I can use it as an excuse for not painting [i don't want to ding freshly painted walls b/c I [b]need[/b] those maps up, so I might as well wait, and not decorating. [The maps are my decoration. :tongue_smilie:]

I voted other....We have a world map and US map...not on our wall, but as the table top of our dining room table where we homeschool. I laid the two maps out on the table (white tablecloth underneath on top of the table) then covered it with a clear tablecloth. Now the table is protected from spills, paints, etc. AND we can see the maps anytime we want or need to!

I almost voted "no" but then switched to "other" because I remembered that we do have a world map on the living room wall. However, it is a reproduction of a map from the 1600s and is displayed for its artistic value. It's been on our wall since we got married and its placement has nothing to do with the fact that we homeschool.