Menu

Who's starting after Labor Day?

I know a lot of the midwest and eastern schoolers have already started. I am wondering who is starting after Labor Day and are you starting Tuesday or Wednesday? Or maybe even the next week?

DS starts public school on Tuesday after Labor Day. We'll start our pre-k homeschool Wednesday.

Us. Though I experienced a Freudian Slip this morning as I was telling my friend that we weren't starting a day before JANUARY First (rather than SEptember).

:lol::lol::lol:I love it! My Dc would be all over that one. They might even have it recorded for future evidence.

We are! We had to escape the 115 degree summer heat where we live so we are enjoying a nice long visit with my parents where it is MUCH cooler (had to buy my kids jackets when we got here!LOL!!), so we wont get home until the end of August. We have a wedding to attend the first of Sept. and finishing a long home remodel project (hopefully) so I'm planning on not starting until the second week of Sept. PS started Aug. 9th where we live, but even if we were home, I couldn't imagine trying to stay focused when it was so HOT!!! I love the flexibility of homeschooling!!

Edited by Katiebug_1976

I know a lot of the midwest and eastern schoolers have already started. I am wondering who is starting after Labor Day and are you starting Tuesday or Wednesday? Or maybe even the next week?

US! Our local schools generally don't start until after labor day and we're in the upper midwest.

We will start on Labor Day. I like starting in August but ds has two camps this month and we are hosting an exchange student for only about a week. I didn’t want to start only to break for camp and I didn’t think it would be fair to our student to sit around and watch us do school.

Twice we have started on Labor Day itself which seems a little weird but works out well. Dh has the day off so it’s more relaxed and he can help with the 2 year old. We do a lightish day of school in the morning and then do something fun in the afternoon all together. Then on Tuesday we’re ready to do a real full day.

I don't know when I'm starting yet. I don't even have all the books. :001_huh:

Honestly, we will likely start with what we have (Bible, literature, math, Japanese) next week. When I get our history and government books, we'll just add those in.

I'm way behind with organization this year.

Wendi

We'll officially start that Wednesday after we're all settled in from moving Labor Day weekend. Right now we're doing a lot of math and reading review to make up for doing nothing at all in June or July. Of course, by officially I have no idea what were going to do. I'm really taking a relaxed approach this year. I'd probably be an unschooler if it wouldn't freak dh out so much. :-)