Menu

Post here if you have read then entire Great Cupcake Kerfluffle of 2012 thread

Guest submarines

I might have skipped a page. But not more than a page. But then some pages I read twice. So I think I belong.

ETA: On closer examination I read the wrong cupcake thread. Never mind me, then.

Edited by sunflowers

:lol::lol::lol: cupcake wine? When Mariann first mentioned this, I thought wine which tastes like cup. Akes sounded GROSS. Then she told me Cup Cake was the BRAND name. :blushing:

I did not read the thread. Why is it special?

No, it is a German Spatlese. Sorry if I am being terribly insensitive to those allergic to grapes or whose religion forbids it or just cannot be bothered to make a wine run.

It was hilarious, but now the fun has been sucked out of it.

No. It was one of those unfortunate things where I didn't read the OP, because cupcakes at PS don't stick in my craw; I'm not sure if I have a craw to begin with. Now it's just gonna have to sit there being epic while I only have about an 8-page understanding of the original thread and have no idea when it got silly or when it was (if it was?) apparent the OP had poked and run. Oh well. I was around when the original teA room carpeting thread blossomed, so I'm sticking with that for my WTM Resume.

I did! I read every word. Even the words piped in icing on cupcakes.

I must have missed it, but I saw a few references to "cupcakes" in other threads. What is/was the thread about?

Cupcakes. HTH!

I've read the whole gosh-darned thread! Yesterday I read the OP and thought, eh I won't bother. Then this afternoon I saw how huge the thread had become! Of course I had to read it all. And my family thought I was researching visit days for the colleges on dd17's list :lol:

Beverage of choice: dh's home-brewed IPA 'cause sweet flavored vodkas (referenced in the cupcake thread) do not do it for me. Those Ryan Gosling "hey girl" homeschooling pics on the other hand...

I started to - but I had to leave and help my son decide which cupcakes he wants me to bring to Kindy for his birthday -so I felt too guilty to return and read the rest :tongue_smilie:

Anyway -It's obvious to me that if cupcakes stick in your craw then they are too dry and need more liquid added ;)

I sure did. I checked in multiple times and always had a ton of reading to do to catch up...... I only posted once, though. I was afraid to risk the wrath of a cupcake hater :tongue_smilie:

I think that the wrath of cupcake haters is stuck in my craw. Is that possible?

I gave up and skipped every 5 pages or so. You should have heard dh when I explained it to him. Then I went on and explained teA, b00kshelves, kilts, bunnies in kilts and carpet removal. He looked at me like this:001_huh: and thinks I need to get out more.

Hey! Maybe I will get a date night out of the whole thing.

I did, and I just got back from Walmart, and I.forgot.to.get.cupcakes! :w00t:

Only poseurs try to pass off store bought cupcakes. A REAL doting mother will bake them from scratch. With expired eggs, maybe. If she REALLY dotes, and really wants to show it off, she will skulk around the parking lot until she can crash math time and insist that the teacher let her angel PASS. THEM. OUT. NOW!!! She won't tell the kids that her child is better than them because they are handing out cupcakes that she brought to school, they will all KNOW. I hope I cleared that up for you. I wouldn't want you passing off store bought cupcakes and thinking you were fooling the rest of us.

BTW - When can I expect mine in the mail? Will it come with my goat from the pagan thread?

People got goats? :001_huh: I joined too late and missed all the GOOD prizes :glare:

Only poseurs try to pass off store bought cupcakes. A REAL doting mother will bake them from scratch. With expired eggs, maybe. If she REALLY dotes, and really wants to show it off, she will skulk around the parking lot until she can crash math time and insist that the teacher let her angel PASS. THEM. OUT. NOW!!! She won't tell the kids that her child is better than them because they are handing out cupcakes that she brought to school, they will all KNOW. I hope I cleared that up for you. I wouldn't want you passing off store bought cupcakes and thinking you were fooling the rest of us.

e:

Oh. My. Goodness. That is awesome!

It was part of our pagan kit. Many of us got them for simply being the wrong brand of Christian. The pagans are very welcoming that way.

Hmmm, I was Christened Lutheran, raised Presbyterian, and then attended a Baptist church. Does that mean I qualify for 3 goats, should the offer ever become available a second time? Sweeeettt!