Menu

Have you ever looked at who viewed your profile and wondered

I accidentally click/tap on a username at least once a week.

:iagree: Except for me it's more like once a day. :tongue_smilie: It's really easy to accidentally tap the user name instead of the thread title on an iPad or phone.

If you see my name, I promise I'm not profile stalking people. :lol:

:iagree: Except for me it's more like once a day. :tongue_smilie: It's really easy to accidentally tap the user name instead of the thread title on an iPad or phone.

OP -

Ha! My toddler just ran over for a hug and tapped your user name with his big toe. So that profile view was from him. :)

What I'm curious to know about is how many people are neurotic like me and get happy when their profile view reaches a nice round number only to be upset later when you get another view that messes it all up. :glare: lol

When I reached 400 profile views, I seriously entertained the idea to actually start a thread asking people NOT to look at my profile since it had taken months to get it to such a nice round number and I didn't want it messed up again. But of course if I had done that people would have been compelled to click on my profile to see if I indeed did have 400 and that would have made my view count go up so I didn't make a thread. :tongue_smilie:

:iagree: me too.

Well, I didn't until just now. I've had 739. Weird! There isn't even any information there. What is the point of looking at someone's profile on purpose? Have I created some faux pas by not filling out the 'about me' section? Is there something else I'm missing?

And I tried deleting some of the visitors messages and now I just have 7 lines that say 'deleted'. What's the point of deleting something if it won't truly delete?

And what is the point of having friends? Can you do anything special with their names or something?

I've been a member of this board since before this format and I'm clueless on these types of features. Although, I did learn how to put someone on ignore. Except I don't have anyone blacklisted now. :)

Me too, I'm just technologically stupid and never do manage to click the right thing :tongue_smilie:

Nah, I always figured they clicked on my screen name by mistake. I'm really not that interesting. :p hehe

:iagree: I'm not agreeing that you are "not interesting", though, because I really don't know you :001_smile: and if I were a betting woman, I think you are probably very interesting ;). I am agreeing that what you said could be said of myself :D

:iagree:

Especially if you're aiming for the little arrow that takes you directly to the most recent posts in a thread. It's right above the username.

Nah, I always figured they clicked on my screen name by mistake. I'm really not that interesting. :p hehe

You are boring in the same way as a giraffe walking down main street.

Good to know.

Me too, but now I'm just going to randomly pick someone and click on their name to make them wonder why I'm there. Bwahahahaha!

:lol::lol:

That's me.

I must admit I didn't know it was kept track of.

Now that you know it's there, you might. I never noticed it, and now I always see it.

Well, now that you mentioned it ... :D

(Spy Car? Seriously? I'm not a genius, and I don't hang out on the controversial threads. That HAD to have been a slip on his part. :lol:)

He shows up on mine alot! I think we are about as polar opposite as you can be. Though when I was trying to make Singapore math work he was my go to man!! Singapore math and my kids is like oil and water!!

:iagree:The only time I look at a person's profile on purpose is to find old threads that they refer to in new ones. So if someone says, "Remember xyz that I mentioned last week? Well......" I might look at their profile to find old posts and figure out what they're talking about.

:iagree:The only time I look at a person's profile on purpose is to find old threads that they refer to in new ones. So if someone says, "Remember xyz that I mentioned last week? Well......" I might look at their profile to find old posts and figure out what they're talking about.

Yup, that's why I do it too. Or sometimes they'll say, "You should read so-and-so's thread about dictation", so it's off to the profile I go.

I wish people would link to old threads instead. It would save me the work!

I do hit them accidentally sometimes too.

Like everyone else, I usually click on someone's profile accidentally when trying to click on a thread title. I used to feel awkward, like I'd intruded into someone's personal space :tongue_smilie: and they would wonder why I had come uninvited. :lol: Now that I have a smart phone it happens so often that I've gotten used to just showing up where I'm not expected. :lol:

ETA: I can account for about half of my last 10 visitors. I have no idea why the rest of them stopped by since I am definitely not a controversial poster. I assume they stopped by accidentally.

Edited by Julianna

When someone has a post that needs I follow up I click to see all of their other posts instead of reading through pages of well wishes, prayers, etc. 99% of the time I end up clicking 'profile' instead of 'see all posts'. I've never intentionally looked at anyone's profile.

Me too. Especially now that I read the boards on my Kindle Fire. I'm always touching the wrong thing on that screen, getting to someone's profile instead of a post that I want to read.

I have a Mac and I use the immediate history links page to get around the 'net most days. I clear my history every once and awhile and the links page updates as I visit sites again. It saves my most recently visited links. I was PMing with a person here a few weeks ago and somehow my history page saved her profile as my link and I kept using it to get here and then would just click on "new posts". I realized that she probably thought I was a weird stalker with all the page views I was giving her profile! I laughed about it, cleared things out and refreshed and my saved link for the WTM is now once again the homepage. But I'm sure her profile has me looking at it like 25 times or something crazy. :)