Menu

So, what's for dinner folks?

After spending most of the day outside in the 100+ heat, I wanted something easy and light and cool. So I cooked chicken breasts in the crockpot earlier, and we will be making chicken salad to go with pita bread. Add fruit and we'll be good to go!

Whatever's in the fridge. Schmorg night at our house. Therefore, what looks good: 2 hardboiled eggs? Two ears of corn? A hotdog? Chili? Salad? Mac&Cheese? Take your pick and dive in. :tongue_smilie:

Rainbow pasta salad. It has pasta, red and yellow bell peppers, carrots, purple onion, broccoli, green olives, cucumber, black beans and mayo. And fresh pineapple spears on the side.

mmm sounds delish. is this served cold? I would assume the cooked pasta is cooled due to the mayo... I LOVE MY PASTA... I could eat an entire mixing bowl of pasta salads... going to enjoy my veggies and dream of your pasta :p

Leftover fried pork and tater hash, and a shrimp and bok choy soup thing (full of fish sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, etc.) for me. I need to venture out into the heat and harvest some bok choy. I need to harvest some leaf lettuce, too - and plunge it into cool water unless I want to eat a hot salad.

Poor hubby has been eating my boring casseroles (he hates casseroles), soups (he hates soups), and hot dogs or sandwich nights for too long. He never complained once.

If you knew what a foodie he'd LIKE to be married to, you'd know that was a big deal forhim! LOL

I bought two of the biggest, juciest steaks that the store had, making some baked potatoes, baked beans, corn on the cob.

Kids are getting grilled burgers. -- they don't like steak.

Fruit cookie monster salad for desert.

(This is a rare occurrence for me, LOL) I'm usually a boring (and Super-cheap) cook!

I'm actually going out to eat tonight with my women's group from church (Chinese food, yummy!) DH and the kids are on their own :) I gave them several options to choose from, but knowing dh he'll probably fix hot dogs or something.

Poor hubby has been eating my boring casseroles (he hates casseroles), soups (he hates soups), and hot dogs or sandwich nights for too long. He never complained once.

If you knew what a foodie he'd LIKE to be married to, you'd know that was a big deal forhim! LOL

I bought two of the biggest, juciest steaks that the store had, making some baked potatoes, baked beans, corn on the cob.

Kids are getting grilled burgers. -- they don't like steak.

Fruit cookie monster salad for desert.

(This is a rare occurrence for me, LOL) I'm usually a boring (and Super-cheap) cook!

I am too! Enjoy your "fancy dinner" :D

I just got new floors and countertops in my kitchen and I have spent the past two day cleaning up my kitchen. Everything was covered in dust.

Today I put a beef roast into the crock pot and put it outside to cook. (So it would not heat up the kitchen.) I made BBQ beef sandwiches, zuchinni, sweet potato fried, salad and strawberries. For dessert, we had fruit popsicles or homemade coconut ice cream. I am so happy to have my kitchen back. Eating out get old so quickly.

Kind of a weird night here.

I had to mow the lawn this morning when I would normall have been out doing the grocery shopping extravaganza. And, since I never did get around to doing a real shopping trip last week, the cupboards are unusually bare. I made a quick, two-store trip this afternoon, but came home tired and not feeling the cooking thing.

So, we're having mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and sliced canteloupe. Corn is my husband's favorite veggie, and he generally wants to pretty much make a meal on that, anyway.

It is so hot I think Watermelon and ice cream. That can be called supper can't it?

Sounds perfect to me! I remember, when I was growing up, sometimes my mom would serve cantelope and sherbet for dinner if it was hot. I always loved it.

BBQ Boneless Pork Ribs, sauted veg (zucchini, onions, and carrots), and buttered noodles sprinkled with parmesan.

I'm not eating the noodles, mainly so I can justify a small bowl of ice cream after I go on my walk this evening (and die a thousand times in the heat).

Frittata: swiss chard, baby spinach, chopped baby bella mushrooms, parsley and basil (fresh, chopped), onion, a little ground turkey seasoned, and 8 eggs beaten and poured over it.

Sliced cucumbers with homemade guacamole.

Homemade popsicles for dessert (mango/wild blueberries blended with coconut milk)

Fish Provençal

For each serving, pile 1 halibut fillet (subbing arrowfish), 1/2 cup canned diced tomatoes, some shaved fennel, 2 olives, 1 teaspoon each capers and chopped garlic, and the juice of 1/4 orange (ran out, oh well) on a sheet of foil. Form a packet. Grill over medium-high heat, 10 minutes. Top with olive oil and chopped basil.

Frittata: swiss chard, baby spinach, chopped baby bella mushrooms, parsley and basil (fresh, chopped), onion, a little ground turkey seasoned, and 8 eggs beaten and poured over it.

Sliced cucumbers with homemade guacamole.

Homemade popsicles for dessert (mango/wild blueberries blended with coconut milk)

Pass the homemade popsicles PLEASE!

So boring here! We had penne pasta with (boxed) crushed tomato, doctored up. Plus basic salad, and summer sqaush (?). I did use basil and parsely from the garden. ( Trying to redeem myself! lol). The summer sqaush was, supposedly, grown without pesticies in a local greenhouse. I bought it from our FM. It's hard to imagine such pesticide-free, large yellow summer squashes *here*, in mid- June, but I am hoping the grower is not jerking me around! My kids (spoiled) are nearly sick of kale, chard, peas, and snow peas. Brats. lol

Edited by LibraryLover

We ended up having chicken fajitas. I defrosted some beans I froze earlier this week, had DS10 make some guacamole, and made fajitas that were more veggie than chicken. It was yummy. The family had homemade orange julius for dessert; I had Coconut Bliss Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream because I'm working hard at being dairy free.

Edited by joannqn