Menu

I'm sad.

My sister hasn't spoken to me in over 6 months.

My husband, whom I adore being with all the time (fer real) is working out of town indefinitely.

I think that I may leave the church that has become a haven for me.

Financial woes.

Spiritual woes.

I am not a person who usually wallows in sorrow and sadness. I am really a glass is half full kinda gal, but it's just too much sometimes. You know?

Maybe I just need a good kick in the pants. Or maybe I need a fifth of scotch.

:grouphug: Bummer. What I do when I get down like that is watch movies. Lots of frothy upbeat movies. Or listen to fun books on CD (the kind that are pure entertainment with no redeeming literary value). Or listen to loud music (nothing sad; there is a comedic songwriter whose name I will not mention out of embarrassment, but his music got me through a really lonely time a few years ago when my husband was out of town a lot and I was really down). Feel better soon.:grouphug:

Elaine,

I'm so sorry that you are sad. I have a few suggestions.

#1. Can you send your sister a card just to say hi? Don't rehash what was said/done that led to you not speaking. Simply send a card that says, "Hi, I've missed you and wanted to say hi." You can update her on what's up with you and your family (Unless that is the thing that led to the trouble.)

#2. Can you go visit your husband for the weekend? My husband use to travel. I know he loved it when I surprised him by visiting by myself. (Since it is summer, can you and the kids go for a longer period of time to be near him? My husband always said he didn't want us to visit, because it would bother him to be close to us & not have time to see us. IHowever, I really wanted to spend some time with him, so we went anyway. He loved it. If your husband's work is putting him up in a hotel, you may be able to find an apartment for all of you cheaper.)

#3. I would suggest not leaving your church when you are sad. I'm not saying it is the right place for you anymore, because I think you are unlikely to find the right church when you are feeling sad. I know when I am sad nothing makes me happy, not even those things I normally love.

LC, praying for something to lift your spirits

Wow. I just got a negative rep that simply said "kick." Thanks, who ever it was, I feel much better now. Congratulations, you wanted to be mean and hurtful and you were.

NO!!!! It was ME and it was supposed to be POSITIVE rep!!! I feel like a flippin' idiot right now. I read your post real quick and right away clicked to give you some rep. I was in the process of typing "kick! ;-)" with my name, after which I was going to post a reply on the board. Right that second I had to go offline for a second so I just entered the rep ~ and must have hit "I disagree" or whatever it says.

I'm sorry, Laney! I will contact the admin pronto and explain and ask that the negative rep is removed. And as soon as I can rep you again, I'll send you three squares. Pardon me, all. Serves as a reminder not to send rep in a hurry.:blushing:

NO!!!! It was ME and it was supposed to be POSITIVE rep!!! I feel like a flippin' idiot right now. I read your post real quick and right away clicked to give you some rep. I was in the process of typing "kick! ;-)" with my name, after which I was going to post a reply on the board. Right that second I had to go offline for a second so I just entered the rep ~ and must have hit "I disagree" or whatever it says.

I'm sorry, Laney! I will contact the admin pronto and explain and ask that the negative rep is removed. And as soon as I can rep you again, I'll send you three squares. Pardon me, all. Serves as a reminder not to send rep in a hurry.:blushing:

Oh, Colleen! Don't worry about it, really. I don't care about the points.:001_smile: I know you and I know that you would never be cruel intentionally. It's all good, my friend!:001_smile: I should have not said anything, it's OK, really!!

Elaine,

I'm so sorry that you are sad. I have a few suggestions.

#1. Can you send your sister a card just to say hi? Don't rehash what was said/done that led to you not speaking. Simply send a card that says, "Hi, I've missed you and wanted to say hi." You can update her on what's up with you and your family (Unless that is the thing that led to the trouble.)

#2. Can you go visit your husband for the weekend? My husband use to travel. I know he loved it when I surprised him by visiting by myself. (Since it is summer, can you and the kids go for a longer period of time to be near him? My husband always said he didn't want us to visit, because it would bother him to be close to us & not have time to see us. IHowever, I really wanted to spend some time with him, so we went anyway. He loved it. If your husband's work is putting him up in a hotel, you may be able to find an apartment for all of you cheaper.)

#3. I would suggest not leaving your church when you are sad. I'm not saying it is the right place for you anymore, because I think you are unlikely to find the right church when you are feeling sad. I know when I am sad nothing makes me happy, not even those things I normally love.

LC, praying for something to lift your spirits

Thank-you. You're right, I won't make any rash decisions right now. I appreciate the heartfelt advice.:001_smile:

We have the same sister :(

The spiritual dryness is just a temptation. Don't give in. Keep praying and reading your bible or other spiritual book. Maybe God is trying to move you out of your comfort zone and into another church where you will grow closer to Him. Throw yourself in his arms and trust in his merciful love. When we are weak, He is strong. Easier said then done.

I've had a blue day and will be praying for you. Maybe the person who left the negative comment was trying to be funny?

Thank-you. I needed that reminder.:001_smile:

Oh, Colleen! Don't worry about it, really. I don't care about the points.:001_smile: I know you and I know that you would never be cruel intentionally. It's all good, my friend!:001_smile:

Thanks for your understanding. I just emailed the admin; I hope s/he's willing to either remove or alter it. I know they're just points, but that red square is so...RED. Any-hoo, you're on my next positive rep fest go-round.

As for feeling blue...I'm sorry, (((Laney))). I haven't even seen my sister in nearly six years (and she lives here in Western WA) and I'm not close with either of my brothers. It's so odd to have no real relationships with my own siblings. I of course don't know what happened to cause the rift between you and your sister; I wonder if there's anything you can do to reach out to her?

I was surprised to hear you might leave your church. How are you doing, all-in-all, as far as feeling good about where you live now? Do you feel part of the community? Sending you lots of hugs!

Many people start with a bottled sauce and doctor it up. mmonice sell wow power leveling You can cut the thickness (bottled sauces are usually too thick) and boost the spice fairly easily. My favorite bottled sauce is Maull's, out of St. Louis, and here are some ideas on how to doctor it. Start by simmering a bottle of sauce over low heat. Add 1/4 to 1/3 cup of cider vinegar or rice vinegar. Or put in the same amount of beer.buy wow power leveling A lot of people use Pepsi, which gives a sweet, caramel flavor. Add a tablespoon of granulated or fresh garlic. Throw in a little chili powder for an outdoorsy quality. Maybe add a tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce.WoW Gold A tablespoon of butter or prepared mustard tastes good, too. And you'd be surprised by how many sauces have a little chocolate in them. World of Warcraft power leveling

True words of wisdom. I should have thought of that. Do this, Elaine, and you'll feel MUCH better. WoW.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

My husband, whom I adore being with all the time (fer real) is working out of town indefinitely.

Financial woes.

Spiritual woes.

I am not a person who usually wallows in sorrow and sadness. I am really a glass is half full kinda gal, but it's just too much sometimes. You know?

While I don't have a sister, the rest of your troubles seems to be coming my way as well.

This last year has been one big ole' punch in the gut.

Who said: "I am being driven to my knees by the realization I have nowhere else to go." ?

Hugs to you from me. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. I know what it's like to have my best friend (dh) away from home - he works away from home a *lot*. And to tell you the truth, this spring/summer has been one long unpleasant surprise after another. One after another, our summer plans are changing unexpectedly. If you want to PM me we can commiserate and share a toast to "The Dude."

That's it, no Mikes for you for a month! :smash::smash:

Financial woes.

Spiritual woes.

Oh, so been there done that in so many ways.

Maybe this is for you:

http://shadesofwhite.typepad.com/listening_to_silence/2008/06/for-the-one-who-is-tireddear-heart-god-does-not-say-today-be-stronghe-kn.html

:grouphug:

I'm sorry! (((Hugs)))

Not knowing how far away your husband or the situation with your sister, it's hard to say can you see him more often? Or can you call him more often? Or can you reach out to her?

I, also, left my church a few years ago now and I'm still paralyzed with not knowing where to go from here. But even if you are out of a church for a short time, you can continue to grow spiritually through reading and study, through online discussion groups, even. I know you want the fellowship, though, so I do hope you find another place that makes you happy very soon.

Here are some happiness thoughts for you:

http://www.wisdomquotes.com/cat_happiness.html

I don't know if they'll help any, but perhaps there's something here you can use at least as a chaser to that Scotch....

And here's a wish for happiness and prosperity for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVAw7hk040U

I'm sorry Laney :grouphug: Get the boys, click here, turn up the volume, and dance.

We got up and did some dancing. Just be warned, I am not wearing any make-up and my middle boy has a case of the "Flock of Seagulls.";) Things always seem to look better in the daylight. Thank-you all so very much for the encouragement and sympathy.

DSCF2199.JPG?imgmax=640

We got up and did some dancing. Just be warned, I am not wearing any make-up and my middle boy has a case of the "Flock of Seagulls.";) Things always seem to look better in the daylight. Thank-you all so very much for the encouragement and sympathy.

DSCF2199.JPG?imgmax=640

You all look adorable. :001_smile:

Financial woes.

Spiritual woes.

All of those are such bitter pills to swallow, are they not? I'm sorry that your sis hasn't talked to you in sooo long - I'll pray that that gets resolved in a favorable way.

Dh being gone, well that just bites too! I completely understand that one! I'm good for a couple of hours, but days? Yikes.

And, leaving your church, that really stinks. I know that when there are problems at church, a haven, it can affect you physically. Been there done that. I can't imagine having to leave the one we're at now.

Hang in there!

:grouphug:

You all look adorable. :001_smile:

Hey! That is what I was going to say! I have my pensive moods too, so I understand.

As for not talking to family, well, I have given up on them ever getting a hold of me and I take it upon myself to call them. I don't know what your situation is, my family just aren't "talking" people and they would rather not be on the phone/are so caught up in their own lives they don't think about calling. Just the way it is and I know it. :)

I don't think I've actually been on the phone with my brother for 6 months. I call every once in awhile, but he doesn't return calls! :) I guess I'm can only be in control of my actions!

SO, you are just so adorable and your kids too! And, pretty living room!:)