Menu

I bought all curriculum I need for next year!!!

wy_kid_wrangler04

I am very slooowly gathering what we need but we won't need any of it until August so I am not worried. Mostly I am taking my time because I am trying to get as much as possible used and UNDER budget so I have money left in the budget to buy a Nook Tablet for myself - It's a homeschool expense because I can read my TM's on it, right??? :lol: Well, at least that is what I am telling hubby :)

Me! I'm done too! In fact, just ordered the last of it a few days ago and now we're anxiously awaiting the glorious boxes full of NEW BOOKS! :D

There are two things that I didn't order, that I may later, but they are not central to our main curriculum plans and I may decide to not use them this year, which is why I put off ordering them.

Nothing for next year yet. I'm brand new to homeschooling... as in, I hope to get started within the next week or so. We just moved and are getting settled in, so last night I ordered some of the stuff for THIS year.

I'm starting out with Phys. Ed., LA, and math (MEP until MM goes on sale again). :)

I am very slooowly gathering what we need but we won't need any of it until August so I am not worried. Mostly I am taking my time because I am trying to get as much as possible used and UNDER budget so I have money left in the budget to buy a Nook Tablet for myself - It's a homeschool expense because I can read my TM's on it, right??? :lol: Well, at least that is what I am telling hubby :)

Exactly :D

Me! I'm done too! In fact, just ordered the last of it a few days ago and now we're anxiously awaiting the glorious boxes full of NEW BOOKS! :D

Me too!! I got my R&S order yesterday! RR order supposed to be here Tuesday and MFW Wednesday! Another one will be sometime next week, just not sure when!!

Well, I've got the plan, I've got the lists, I've got the carts all filled...and now I hover over the 'submit order' button second guessing myself. If this were my first year buying, I'd worry, but frankly this is just how I roll. :lol: Along about March when I can't bear the stress anymore I'll spend an hour clicking madly and heave a sigh of relief. Then I'll get excited about my boxes.

Know thyself and all that.:D

I have my list almost done, pending where we finish on English this year. I'll have to buy in segments, and I do have a few things already.

We normally buy it slowly also but we were able to get it with our tax returns!! Infact, I finished purchasing for this year in Jan :lol: That is why I am so excited. I have NEVER been done this early!!!

This is a brilliant idea! I think I'm going to steal it:)

You know you're going to jinx yourself by saying you're done, right? :lol:

I haven't ordered anything for next year. I have ordered more things for this year. ;)

I'll pick up MCT at the Memphis convention. Everything else I have picked out but will order closer to start time.

Uh, I bought myself a kindle for the same reason! It counts! :lol:

OP, I bought for the year just recently! I will have to buy a few more things as we finish others. I only bought the next semester of math and spelling. I will buy the ones after that when we complete what we have. But, I have everything else. Now I just have to remember to complete what we do have. LOL

You know you're going to jinx yourself by saying you're done, right? :lol:

I haven't ordered anything for next year. I have ordered more things for this year. ;)

I'll pick up MCT at the Memphis convention. Everything else I have picked out but will order closer to start time.

Well, lets just say that if I bought ALL the books I wanted to go with History and Science then it would be more than the actual curriculum :001_huh: I am trying to decide what one are most important but so far I have gotten now where because of course they are all important lol.

As for actual curriculum, I had things in my cart for over a month, made my tweaks and changes and made sure I had everything and now we are sticking with it :lol:

Now, that being said: Hive-- No more conversations about how great any curriculum is unless its something I ordered!!!!!!!!!!!! No threads, comments, questions- NOTHING til next fall/winter when I start thinking about the following year :D Thank you for your cooperation :lol:

Now, that being said: Hive-- No more conversations about how great any curriculum is unless its something I ordered!!!!!!!!!!!! No threads, comments, questions- NOTHING til next fall/winter when I start thinking about the following year :D Thank you for your cooperation :lol:

So, umm, what did you buy...:D

Exactly :D

Me too!! I got my R&S order yesterday! RR order supposed to be here Tuesday and MFW Wednesday! Another one will be sometime next week, just not sure when!!

I got a few things from Amazon yesterday and I'm waiting on boxes from RR and HOD. :)

Well, I've got the plan, I've got the lists, I've got the carts all filled...and now I hover over the 'submit order' Ibutton second guessing myself. If this were my first year buying, I'd worry, but frankly this is just how I roll. :lol: Along about March when I can't bear the stress anymore I'll spend an hour clicking madly and heave a sigh of relief. Then I'll get excited about my boxes.

Know thyself and all that.:D

:lol: I do this too.

I'm nearly done as well. I will still need to get a math text for my rising 2nd grader (I'm debating going into RS D or moving on next year), grammar (FLL3 and GWG5), and some stuff for my preschoolers. Everything else is either here already and being handed down to younger ones or is ordered and on the way!

Melissa :)

So, umm, what did you buy...:D

I bought the next levels of FLL and WWE, Rod and Staff English (which came yesterday!!), the next level Horizons Math for ds's, next ETC books, next ARFH books, Exploring the World of Biology, Money Matters for Kids, Ancient Rome: How It Affects You Today, Bluestocking Guide: Ancient Rome, DIVE ICP, BJU Physical World to go with DIVE, Exploring the World of Mathematics, Humongous Book of Algebra Problems, TT Algebra 1 (we already have the money matters books for my oldest dd to do with Algebra), TT6 (dd will be doing key to series, and calculadders along with this but we already have those) Mystery of History V1 Audio CD Set (bought the 2nd Ed book used already), Elementary Diagramming & First Whole Book of diagramming (oldest dd is going to hate me but she NEEDS to work on this), MFW AHL

:D

:lol: that's what i'm trying to do too, only i'm hoping to save enough for an ipad

I'm done buying for next year. I will need to get our next History books, but I'm in no hurry as we won't be starting them until mid-year. I'm hoping to find them used at a good price between now and then. This will be our least expensive year yet, by necessity. I didn't buy an extras and bought as much as possible secondhand. I was very careful with what I purchased. Overall- I'm thrilled! :)

I usually make big orders this time of year and again about mid-summer. I just got a big box full of Kindergarten stuff!!! I'm super excited because I told my ds what all the stuff was and he started kissing all the books and saying "my own Kindergarten books." I got some ScienceWorks for his level, some ETC, OPGTR, SM Essential (going to use it along with MEP reception), HWT, Building Thinking Skills Primary, and a cute little scholastic book called Best of Dr Jean Reading and Writing (full of active hands on ideas..teaching my little man is very physical!:lol:).

I didn't get much for my oldest ds because we are still working through what we have and I'll get most of his books this summer, but I did get Building Thinking Skills level 1 (have no experience with this program and so big splurge to get these two books for them--they will not be writing in them :tongue_smilie:). Two Dinah Zike GSA books. And I think I finally figured out a workable geography program for us (I hope)--Trip Around The World + Travel the Great States coupled with a Dover state coloring book and a Scholastic book of Outline Maps (really clear and detailed maps with major cities and geographical locations--most maps I've found are just shape blobs).

Now all I have to get is science supplies, history supplements and historical fictions and we are done!!!! Anybody else?

My carts are ready, and the first half came in last week. I will be getting a cheque this month to apply towards my RR order and then just have one to place for science, and 1 to SL for the IGs I need for next year. NExt year's fall funding will be used for some fun supplements, and for the logic program I want.

I have most of what I need for ds8's 4th grade year. I bought used throughout the year (HOD Preparing). I have also ordered a good portion of ds12's 8th grade year (HOD Rev to Rev) because he needs it at the first of April this year. Short of some math workbooks, the next level of Rosetta Stone French, and some read alouds, I am finished. :)

Okay NOW I've ordered almost everything we need - just ordered the TE for our handwriting program.

Now I just need the science which isn't available on Amazon :glare: so I'll be watching for it used or buy new in July. And the Brownie Girl Scout items - I still have about $100 of things we need there since we are moving up to brownies.