Menu

What would you title a book about raising your kids/parenting?

I've had so many people tell me that I need to be writing "all this" down. I joke and say that I have a book in the works and the title is either "You're the reason Mommy drinks" :lol: (I don't drink at all, actually, it's just funny to me) or "No Licking Your Brother in the Bathtub and other strange sayings of motherhood".

I'm trying to think of a serious one, but can't yet. What would yours be, funny or serious?

"How to Provide you Children with Examples to Bring up in Therapy "

I am always telling my kids "you can bring that up in therapy"

:D My mom was very fond of telling us, "save it for your therapist." We were not any of us in therapy, but I guess she figured the rate we were going we'd all need it!

DH has told me our book would be titled, You Can't Make This Crap Up!

I think he is over exaggerating a touch. I think My Sweet Angels (why my walls are rubber padded) is MUCH closer to our reality! :tongue_smilie:

My first thought was "how I got committed / incarcerated."

How about "Terrorist to Teenager" - oh wait, that would be too confusing.

"Always keep a bag packed for a hasty retreat." (I vow to spend my daughters' 13th year in some isolated meditation spot in the far east.)

"They're gonna hate you for something no matter what you do."

Unfortunately I don't think I have enough wisdom to publish a book, but some books I'd be willing to read would be titled, e.g.,:

"Respect for Parents - It's Not a Pipe Dream."

"Raising kids who know where the laundry hamper is."

"100,000 ways to say 'yes, I love you as much as your sister.'

The 10 Tools (Literally!) Every Parent Needs

It will have chapters on what the best tool is to extract corn from your toddler's nose, what instrument you should use to pry a matchbox car from the toilet hole, which pliers are best for removing unauthorized belly piercings, etc.

That would make a great baby shower gift! Scare the poor mom to death while everyone who has kids just laughs!

That's funny - my SIL and I have just discussed what would be one phrase we would say after each birth.

Child #1: "Do you mean, I actually take her with me? Home? Are you sure about that?"

Child #2: "Please, let me stay just one more day here, in the hospital. Pretty please?"

Child #3: " Let me out of here, I have a ton of laundry to do."

:tongue_smilie:

I guess the title of my parenting book would be "Clueless". :tongue_smilie:

These are totally hilarious! I think we should joint-project a WTM tome of motherhood...although we probably can't say "Well-Trained Mind"; SWB might not want to claim affiliation.

I Still Don't Speak Whinese
It Has To Be There Somewhere. Keep Looking.

:lol:

A couple of years ago, I was thinking about writing a spoof of those picture-perfect Catholic large-family homeschool mom blogs (in which, say, an adorably tousled toddler is concentrating on some sort of Montessori tweezing activity, while a couple of older girls are decorating freshly baked bread rolls made in the shape of a saint's symbol, and the entire scene is bathed in the glow of morning light passing through colored bottle glass next to a frosty window pane). But I never got beyond the title, so I guess I'll offer it here instead:

Possibly Pregnant, Can't Find My Shoes

It Has To Be There Somewhere. Keep Looking.

Then I'd tell all about the adventures of lost and found things -- including my sanity at times.

Sleep Will Come Later.

The 10 Tools (Literally!) Every Parent Needs

It will have chapters on what the best tool is to extract corn from your toddler's nose, what instrument you should use to pry a matchbox car from the toilet hole, which pliers are best for removing unauthorized belly piercings, etc.

:lol:

• 1 month later...

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

And

Why Moms Always Need to Pee: A Million and One Injuries, Interuptions, and Disasters that Happen When My Butt Touches the Toilet Seat.

(Seriously. I swear the most dangerous thing I do is risk going to pee before dh gets home. Runner up is trying to get a nap. Third place is answering the phone.:glare:)

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

And

Why Moms Always Need to Pee: A Million and One Injuries, Interuptions, and Disasters that Happen When My Butt Touches the Toilet Seat.

(Seriously. I swear the most dangerous thing I do is risk going to pee before dh gets home. Runner up is trying to get a nap. Third place is answering the phone.:glare:)

:lol::lol::lol:

:D My mom was very fond of telling us, "save it for your therapist." We were not any of us in therapy, but I guess she figured the rate we were going we'd all need it!

DH has told me our book would be titled, You Can't Make This Crap Up!

I think he is over exaggerating a touch. I think My Sweet Angels (why my walls are rubber padded) is MUCH closer to our reality! :tongue_smilie:

My mom says that about my situation all the time. I have been told I should be writing it all down too, or that one day I should write a book about raising kids with the issues mine have. Maybe if I can get to the bottom of it and make the issues work for us and not against us I will.

My title would be close to the above I think. Or how about "Honest I am not trolling for attention: When your life raising kids is so unbelievable you think you are trolling yourself"

Or I could go with the title "Raise you kids my way: or visit them in prison" At least that would be an honest title :lol: Most parenting books I have read particularily ones about displine and special needs have this undertone anyway, may as well call it that.

I'll Sleep When I'm Dead

And

:lol::lol:

"How to Provide you Children with Examples to Bring up in Therapy "

I am always telling my kids "you can bring that up in therapy"

I am always telling my kids to add it to "the list of things my mother did wrong" so when they are in therapy it will save them time.