Menu

Thanksgiving breakfast?

Cinnamon Rolls in a tube. The kids love "helping" to put them on the cookie sheet & later add the frosting.

I would avoid something (like pancakes) that makes a huge mess in the kitchen! Egg casserole and cold cereal, so that there's something BETTER to look forward to in the afternoon. :)

We just have things to snack on until it's time for the big meal. This year I'm doing Things Wrapped in Bacon: dates, chicken, peppers, ect... just appetizers that sounded good. I'm also baking a brie with raspberry jam on top and crackers on the side, and making chocolate cheese danishes (Giada's easy recipe-bought the pastry dough). I like to just cook all day long and just keep turning things out of the kitchen as I go.

Cinnamon Raisin Pancakes.

Just make pancakes as usual. When done, spread with butter (I use Smart Balance Light and it works fine), and then sprinkle some ground cinnamon and powdered sugar on top of them and spread around with the bottom of the spoon. Then, just toss on some raisins.

It tastes exactly like Peppridge Farms Cinnamon Raisin bread.

I made and froze some pumpkin cinnamon rolls to have Thanksgiving morning (just thaw them over night and bake them in the morning). I didn't even think about bacon! (and we're very much a bacon loving family!!)

We do breakfast AND appetizers. We're pigs. :D

We just have things to snack on until it's time for the big meal. This year I'm doing Things Wrapped in Bacon: dates, chicken, peppers, ect... just appetizers that sounded good. I'm also baking a brie with raspberry jam on top and crackers on the side, and making chocolate cheese danishes (Giada's easy recipe-bought the pastry dough). I like to just cook all day long and just keep turning things out of the kitchen as I go.

yummmmmm

You guys make, like, pancakes? And biscuits? And muffins? And sausage? And.... On Thanksgiving morning? I mean, everybody doesn't just give their kids a box of cereal and a bowl and a spoon and a carton of milk and tell them to hurry up and get out of the kitchen already?

Huh.

:lol:

Ooo, have you had water chestnuts wrapped in bacon? You wrap them in about 1/2 a piece of bacon each, cook them, then when almost done, roll them in bbq sauce and stick them back in the oven for about 20 minutes until the bacon is crunchy. MMmmmm...:D

Ooo, have you had water chestnuts wrapped in bacon? You wrap them in about 1/2 a piece of bacon each, cook them, then when almost done, roll them in bbq sauce and stick them back in the oven for about 20 minutes until the bacon is crunchy. MMmmmm...:D

I might have to look for them! That was how I got stuck on this "theme", someone mentioned chicken wrapped in bacon and dusted with brown sugar and chili powder... and I was sold!

Sausage balls would have been a good one for me to make-might have to grab the stuff for that too. We live off of our Thanksgiving leftovers for days!

Pumpkin pie french toast. Same as the PP pancakes, use the leftover from pie mix and leftover from french bread loaf. Yummy!!! I think we like them more than the pie!!

Lara

Could you elaborate a little? I'm not picturing it. Do you dip the bread in pumpkin pie mix? Or add pumpkin pie mix to a typical egg & milk mixture?