Menu

What's your favorite tea for Fall? (Lower case, folks. Strictly beverages, please!)

I am on the (coffee) wagon again. :glare: :nopity:

I am enjoying Stonewall Kitchen's Cranberry Orange and Tazo Chai. I put a bit of cream in the Chai but I don't do sugar and wish it was a bit sweeter. Does anyone have a Chai they like that is sweeter, maybe one that is heavier on the sweet spices? I seem to remember Bigelow putting out a French Vanilla Chai that was sweeter. Does anyone use/like that?

I am open to any and all suggestions. :)

Good Earth Original (but not the caffeine free version, it tastes wrong) http://shop.goodearth.com/Original-Teas/c/GoodEarth@OriginalTeas?gclid=COTxj7mK-qsCFYbrKgodZQE-zQ

I like my tea sweet, so to most teas I usually add honey. I do *not* need to add any sweetener to this tea. :001_smile: It's sweet by itself.

I can usually find it at the grocery store.

Edited by Ellyndria

Mighty Leaf Teas

I love the Green Tea Tropical & the White Orchard flavors.

I've been able to find Mighty Leaf at Whole Foods & in the specialty food sections of stores like TJ Maxx & Marshalls.

THANKS!!! I have been looking for a brand of loose/larger green tea leaves! Tropical sounds awesome. I make iced tea out of my green tea and that sounds refreshing. (I steep it first, of course. :) )

Glenbrook Farms has some *wonderful* teas. The Maple-flavored tea looks tasty, as does the chocolate caramel.

Yum! They have some nice choices. Thank you.

I love Oregon Chai. It is sweetened and I mix some good whole milk in with it. yummmm...

Oh, I bet it is delicious but I just can' t do the sugar. Maybe I'll get some for teatime and let the kids have some though. Thanks!

Do you have a Trader Joes? They have a chai latte mix that comes in a tin that rivals Starbucks. Constant Comfort is also a favorite of mine when fall comes but its probably similar to the orange tea that you are already drinking.

I don't have TJ. I wish I did.

Did you mean Constant Comment? I haven't heard of the other. I do like it but I find that it gives me a stomach ache (that and Tazo Awake :confused:) when I drink it first thing in the morning before eating, which is when I like my tea.

Mighty Leaf Teas

I love the Green Tea Tropical & the White Orchard flavors.

I've been able to find Mighty Leaf at Whole Foods & in the specialty food sections of stores like TJ Maxx & Marshalls.

I also love Starbucks Vanilla Rooibos.

Ooh! I'll have to try the Starbucks Rooibos. I do love Mighty Leaf and those two are my favorite of their flavors. I prefer them iced in the spring and summer though. I got a Mighty Leaf sampler box about 6 months ago and seem to have forgotten which of the fall flavors I liked. I'll have to try to remember. Thanks!

OK--went to look. It was orange dulce that I think will be good for Fall/Winter. Thanks for reminding me about ML. I think I'm going to try their Pear Caramel flavor too. Sounds great!

Good Earth Original (but not the caffeine free version, it tastes wrong) http://shop.goodearth.com/Original-Teas/c/GoodEarth@OriginalTeas?gclid=COTxj7mK-qsCFYbrKgodZQE-zQ

I like my tea sweet, so to most teas I usually add honey. I do *not* need to add any sweetener to this tea. :001_smile: It's sweet by itself.

I can usually find it at the grocery store.

Thanks! That sounds perfect!

Apple cinnamon.

Will look for some. DC would love it. I think we had some of this from Republic of Tea for tea parties last Winter. Do you prefer any particular brand?

I'm a bit of a tea-aholic. Love coffee too but stick to one cup per morning.

This is a favorite tea of mine. I also love plain old red rose tea :)

http://teaguys.com/loose_green_tea.htm - green walnut rocks!

If you like fruity - Celestial Seasonings hibiscus leaf teas are yummy! I like cran-apple and black-cherry-berry the best.

If you like chai tea mixes - this one rocks! Do the subscribe and save and cancel whenever you want to. I mix with water or milk. http://www.amazon.com/Big-Train-Vanilla-Chai-1-9-Pound/dp/B001E5DXEU/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319218296&sr=1-1-catcorr

I am a tea fanatic, but I am unwilling to give up sugar. My go-to tea is Irish Breakfast with milk and sugar, but I'm sure it's too strong to drink straight. TJs chai is amazing, especially for a just-add-water tea. I break my No Instant Ever rule for that stuff.

The teas I can drink withoud adding anything are:

Green teas, esp oolong or jasmine

White teas with fruit. Pomegranate is my favorite.

Any fruity herbal

Chocolate caramel enchantment chai (Celestial seasonings; I do add milk)

Vanilla camomile

I also like Tension Tamer with a bit of honey in it, but you may like it straight. I NEVEr would have bought it because the ingredients are weird, but a friend gave me some years ago and now I always keep it on hand.

It's not tea, but I also enjoy warm apple cider and hot chocolate this time of year.

I just finished the last of my Republic of Tea Cinnamon Plum. I love this stuff! I'm usually a coffee drinker but this tea is delicious! I also like their Ginger Peach, Tea of Good Tidings (seasonal) and Comfort and Joy (also seasonal). I believe they are all Black Teas. You can find these at most well-stocked grocery stores and most foodie shops like Williams-Sonoma, Stonewall Kitchen, Sur La Table, etc.

I can't believe that we're already on page 3 of this thread, without tea having turned to teA.

I am so disappointed.

Let's step things up a little, people! :D

PS. I like English Breakfast Tea and Irish Breakfast Tea. I'm so boring.

Edited by Catwoman

Good Earth Original, sweet and spicy.

Another vote! I'll definitely pick up a box of this.

I'm a bit of a tea-aholic. Love coffee too but stick to one cup per morning.

This is a favorite tea of mine. I also love plain old red rose tea :)

http://teaguys.com/loose_green_tea.htm - green walnut rocks!

If you like fruity - Celestial Seasonings hibiscus leaf teas are yummy! I like cran-apple and black-cherry-berry the best.

If you like chai tea mixes - this one rocks! Do the subscribe and save and cancel whenever you want to. I mix with water or milk. http://www.amazon.com/Big-Train-Vanilla-Chai-1-9-Pound/dp/B001E5DXEU/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1319218296&sr=1-1-catcorr

Thanks for these!

I am a tea fanatic, but I am unwilling to give up sugar. My go-to tea is Irish Breakfast with milk and sugar, but I'm sure it's too strong to drink straight. TJs chai is amazing, especially for a just-add-water tea. I break my No Instant Ever rule for that stuff.

The teas I can drink withoud adding anything are:

Green teas, esp oolong or jasmine

White teas with fruit. Pomegranate is my favorite.

Any fruity herbal

Chocolate caramel enchantment chai (Celestial seasonings; I do add milk)

Vanilla camomile

I also like Tension Tamer with a bit of honey in it, but you may like it straight. I NEVEr would have bought it because the ingredients are weird, but a friend gave me some years ago and now I always keep it on hand.

It's not tea, but I also enjoy warm apple cider and hot chocolate this time of year.

Thanks. Some good suggestions! I wish I didn't have to give up sugar either. I come from a long line of diabetics and it's time to put an end to my family's streak. :tongue_smilie:

I still do a bit of honey in my tea when I'm sick.

White Earl Grey or Hot Cinnamon Sunset from Harney and Sons. Great selection of loose teas.

Great, thanks!

I just finished the last of my Republic of Tea Cinnamon Plum. I love this stuff! I'm usually a coffee drinker but this tea is delicious! I also like their Ginger Peach, Tea of Good Tidings (seasonal) and Comfort and Joy (also seasonal). I believe they are all Black Teas. You can find these at most well-stocked grocery stores and most foodie shops like Williams-Sonoma, Stonewall Kitchen, Sur La Table, etc.

Oh, I need to start looking for the seasonal teas. I'll be heading to Whole Foods soon and I bet they have it there.

I really like Numi golden chai. Or just some hot apple cider. Mmmmmmm.

Thanks!

I'm a coffee drinker, but when I do drink tea, I prefer Constant Comment.

I love Constant Comment but it gives me a tummy ache on an empty stomach. :(

My Morning Mate and everything else from Teavana

We received the Gift Tea Set for Christmas last year and were hooked :)

I have a Teavana catalog somewhere around here... I need to go find it!

Peet's Winter Solstice.

Thanks! I'll look this one up. Love the name!

Lemon Zinger, Tangerine Orange, pomegranante, cranberry, pumpkin spice...any and all!! :)

Pumpkin spice sounds promising. I've never seen that but I'll search.

I only drink Irish Breakfast Tea, Cinnamon Spice, and Lemongrass and Chammomille.

Will look for cinnamon spice. Sounds great and the kids would love it too, I bet.

I can't believe that we're already on page 3 of this thread, without tea having turned to teA.

I am so disappointed.

Let's step things up a little, people! :D

PS. I like English Breakfast Tea and Irish Breakfast Tea. I'm so boring.

Well, DH is deployed so the beverage definition is the only kind I am having around here lately. Thanks for reminding me. :(

:lol:

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. I'll be spending a pretty penny at Whole Foods when I go, I am sure.

Twinings English Breakfast Tea in the morning. And Uncle Lee's Orange Ginger Chai in the evening.

The Uncle Lee's sounds interesting!

Here is my favorite! It may be a little easier on your tummy than the constant comment, but still has a wonderful taste that says Holidays to me.

http://www.celestialseasonings.com/products/holiday-teas/sugar-plum-spice

Oh, yes! That is one of my kids' favorite teas. You just reminded me to buy some more Sugar Cookie and Candy Cane Lane too. They'll thank you. :D

If you like loose teas, you may be interested in a new tea cup - the Aladdin Traveler Mug. It has basket for tea or coffee and it can be lifted up out of the water when you are finished with brewing. I haven't even made any tea in my tea pitchers since I made this purchase.

Carolyn

That's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

:lol::lol: Your title cracks me up.

Beverages:

Sleepy Time EXTRA with Valerian (because Valerian makes it "extra") -- anything non-alcoholic that helps me sleep is welcome

The last of the mint from our garden becomes Mint Tea (good for gas, I know, TMI)

Anything with "Spice" in the label, LOL, as in "Apple Spice" or "Cranberry Spice" -- these teas make me feel autumnal.

I am on the (coffee) wagon again. :glare: :nopity:

I am enjoying Stonewall Kitchen's Cranberry Orange and Tazo Chai. I put a bit of cream in the Chai but I don't do sugar and wish it was a bit sweeter. Does anyone have a Chai they like that is sweeter, maybe one that is heavier on the sweet spices? I seem to remember Bigelow putting out a French Vanilla Chai that was sweeter. Does anyone use/like that?

I am open to any and all suggestions. :)

We don't do sugar either. We use Stevia, and it makes wonderful masala chai...

:lol::lol: Your title cracks me up.

Beverages:

Sleepy Time EXTRA with Valerian (because Valerian makes it "extra") -- anything non-alcoholic that helps me sleep is welcome

The last of the mint from our garden becomes Mint Tea (good for gas, I know, TMI)

Anything with "Spice" in the label, LOL, as in "Apple Spice" or "Cranberry Spice" -- these teas make me feel autumnal.

Thanks for the suggestions and the hint about mint tea. Will get some mint tea for one of my kiddos (who shall not be named but thinks gas is hilarious) ASAP. :lol:

OK--went to look. It was orange dulce that I think will be good for Fall/Winter. Thanks for reminding me about ML. I think I'm going to try their Pear Caramel flavor too. Sounds great!

Cool. I'll have to look those up & try them. I tend to stick w/ the same few flavors, but I like your idea of 'fall' flavors. :001_smile: