Menu

As a teenager, which celebrity did you have a crush on?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved Journey, but I Steve Perry didn't do anything for me. I'm glad you mentioned him though, because he of course sang what was

This was the first song one of my children could sing. :blushing: We had to redirect that.

Harrison Ford. I was 11 when Star Wars came out - and I was sunk!

Then for a little while it was Dirk Benedict - Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica. For 3 months or so I kept his poster funtacked to my ceiling so it would be the first thing I saw when I woke up. Then I realized that I was being ridiculous!

After that - what was I, maybe 13? - I was back on Harrison Ford. I still loooooove him!

Uhhh, hello???

Ten pages and no...

Willie Aames???

Erik Estrada????

Rex Smith!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, anj, what *was* that image you stole? Nothing compromising, I presume. ;)

bananas.jpg

Would ya check out the hair on these guys?! What were we, blind? :D

Aww, why should teenagers get all the fun? I've got my own ongoing crush on Captain Mal.

Well, sure, but the thread was "As a teenager..." ;)

Capt Mal sure makes my current list... And a few others as well!

(Oh, and if we're talking "first crushes" -- mine came well before my teen years. It was the fox Robin Hood in the Disney animated version. I was totally smitten.)

Oh, gosh, I forgot - Jason Bateman! I loved The Hogan Family.

He is still cute to me, though. I fell in love with him all over again during Arrested Development.

And someone earlier said they knew Edward Norton personally? :001_wub: He has to be one of my favorite actors of all time.

OK, before he 'came out' I had Elton John posters all over my room. But also b/w stills of James Cagney from the 1930's and 40's. I also had a crush on the short blonde guy on Bosom Buddies (not Tom Hanks - Peter Somethingorother).

My first crush was Mighty Mouse in the early 1960's. :D

I also had a crush on the short blonde guy on Bosom Buddies (not Tom Hanks - Peter Somethingorother).

His name is Peter Scolari. That was one of my favorite shows at the time. Loved it. And I have always been a huge Tom Hanks fan because I remembered him from the days when he wore dresses! :001_smile:

302-Hanks_Scolari_2_1_.embedded.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

Indiana Jones 4 this past weekend. Five minutes into it, I'm ten years old again and looking at Hahn Solo. Isn't it weird how things stick with you? I remember my first concert. My friend's mom took us to see Shaun Cassidy. During a "quiet" moment, we yelled, "We love you, Shaun!" To which he promptly replied, "I love you, too." And the crowd went wild.....:) I was eleven...

I love these kinds of threads.

Wow...it took until page 11 for someone to mention New Kids......LOL

Mine was Joe McIntyre...he is entirely more handsome now... (New Kids)

Simon LeBon and John Taylor from Duran Duran

Michael J Fox, Kirk Cameron, Peter Cetera and MARK WAHLBERG. :tongue_smilie:

My all time favorite was James Dean. My wall was plastered with his posters. I also really liked Michael J. Fox, Rob Lowe, and Matt Dillon. My wierd ones were any of the Menudo boys, Mackenzie Astin from The Facts of Life, and Corey Haim in License to Drive.

Oh my goodness, my wall was plastered with James Dean too! LOL If only I could rustle up a picture from my college dorm... It was JD everywhere with a little corner reserved for my boyfriend (now dh). :lol:

Richard Dean Anderson as both Macgyver and Jack O'Neil

I was reading all the pages, wondering if anyone else would mention him! :D

I was - still am - a huge Macgyver fan. :D (I've never watched Stargate though...I refuse to....he'll always just be Macgyver to me. ;) )

(I even wrote him fan letters when I was 11)

The other one, close to the same time... was this guy - but as his character, not as himself...I actually have no idea what he *really* looks like....I was carefully googling to get this image so as not to wreck that LOL)

20utif5.jpg

Richard Dean Anderson as both Macgyver and Jack O'Neil

OK, I am married to Macgyver.....

At least that is what he was called in college, kind of resembles him, of course he's also been confused with David Letterman.... but we just don't go there!:lol::lol:

My teen crush was on Parker Stevenson....the other Hardy Boy.

Well, I was a bit different as a teen. My biggest crush was on Moshe Dyan, I liked his eye patch and had followed his military career. As an adult now knowing what a womanizer he was, uggggh. My other crushes were on Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and then Henry Kissinger. This probably had something to do with us having no TV other then when we went to my grandfather's house, no movies at the theater, and no worldly music. I just thought the Beatles and other guys like that were dumb and I was into men who changed the world not boys who sung sweet nothings. Might also have had something to do with the fact that I read and understood War and Peace just as I turned 12 and then reading Gulag by Solzhenitsyn.

My first real crush was this guy, not the stuffed yellow dude, the other one. I went to post this earlier, but had to take a moment, as I just found out that Jack Wild died in 2006 from cancer. Very sad.

I loved HR puff in stuff! How about Sigmand the seamonster! Do you remember that one? I loved it!