Menu

What are you using next year?

Quiver0f10

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

math -- Teaching textbooks (and 1-2 day a week of Life of Fred for oldest)

Science-- Ellen J Mchenry -- elements, then carbon chemistry, then cells **might do a body/health study too

english -- Easy grammar, Apologia's Jump In writing

History -- Story of the world 1 and 2 (plus some supplemental geography)

Programming (oldest son) --http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0470647825

Handwriting -- NO IDEA YET

Art -- NO IDEA

Keyboarding, woodshop (with dad on weekends), LOTS OF READING (still making my reading list)

And... whatever else I find on this forum that I can't resist. LOL

Edited by joyfulheart

3rd grader:

Latina Christiana I

L'Art de Lire Levels 4-6

Singapore Math 3

Italics Handwriting D

Imitations in Writing Fairy Tales + narrations

Tons of books for history, science, literature and geography

9th grader:

Henle Latin

L'Art de Lire Level 6, L'Art d'ecrire and Breaking the Barrier

Jacob's Algebra I

Kolbe Academy's Intro. to Physics and Chemistry

CW and narrations

Tons of books for history and literature

Traditional Logic I

I'm looking forward to the Analytical Grammar DVDs that are suppose to be out in Aug/Sept. to use with Annette and hopefully Josh.

I'm going to give WP LA's 1 & 6 a try.

Other things we'll use:

Song School Latin

Shurley Grammar

PAL/Writing and Reading

Teaching Textbooks 3/4 and 5/6

MUS Epsilon

America the Beautiful

Hide Aways in History (going to try to get to this)

Apologia Flying Creatures on the 5th Day

Bob Jones

What's in my signature, except we will do RS4K physics and my daughter will be in 4A math, she completed 3B. My son is halfway through 1B. Also, we're moving from Adventures to ECC. I haven't updated yet.

We just started light summer school, 2X a week math for my daughter and phonics for my son. (Math jumps out of her brain but LA stays in, phonics jumps out of my son's brain but math stays in.)

Because she is a curious bird and wants to see a MONSTER thread. :)

Here is ours. It is subject to change.

15yr: old STILL not ready for 'real' high school

Math: no idea. Leaning towards BJU or Teaching Textbooks Pre-Algebra. Not sure I want a computer program, though.

English: Lit Lessons from TLOTR

cannot afford anything else

History: History Odyssey L2 Middle Ages and likely Early Modern, as well

Science: no idea. Rainbow Science with younger brother, maybe?

12yr old:

Math: no idea. BJU? or ABeka? Something that moves relatively fast and is not very spiral.

English: Saxon Gram/Writ finish 5, move to 6 (He loves it.)

MegaWords 2

Sadlier-Oxford Vocab A/B

Memoria Press Lit guides, maybe

History: History Odyssey L2 Ancients then Middle Ages or may change as he does not like this. Memoria Press maybe?

Science: Rainbow Science Yr 1/2. I have been waiting ages for him to be old enough for this.

7 and 6 yr olds:

Lang Arts: Either McRuffy or Memoria Press 1st grade

Math: either McRuffy or R&S (within MP)

REALLY leaning towards the MP package as it has everything I want. Not sure about Latin.

3yr old:

POTTY TRAIN!!!!!

start learning letter names and sounds formally (any simple ideas?)

R&S About 3 wkbks (she wants her own schoolbooks.)

As you can see, lots of indecision still to go.

For my preschooler, it will be a mish-mosh of stuff including Get Ready for the Code and Kumon workbooks.

For 3rd grade, we'll use the following:

Math - Singapore 3A & B, incl IP and CWP

Grammar - R&S 3

Writing - Writing Strands 3

Spelling - AAS 3 & 4

Reading - DITHOR 2/3

History - Beautiful Feet Early American Primary

Geography - Road Trip USA

Science - Elemental Science Chemistry

Art - Artistic Pursuits K-3 Book 1 (this is our first year using it)

Guitar - Continue Alfred's beginner guitar DVD lessons (we weren't consistent with this last year)

PE - Soccer (fall), TKD (all year), Baseball (spring)

I'm making several changes, and I'm really looking forward to our year and where this will take us.

I have a first grader:

Classical Conversations Foundations for memory work (Cycle 1)

RS4K - PreLevel 1 Chemistry and Biology (I am planning to do 10 weeks of Chem in the fall and 10 of Bio in the spring to add some content to the science memory studies in CC)

SOTW 1 - Just reading the story, and supplementing with reading if a topic is of interest to us. (to add some content to our CC timeline)

Handwriting - I am making/pulling together this. We are writing the Hist. Sentence from CC each week and I purchase Happy Scribe Copybooks from CurrClick, we will use Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome as we hit those periods in SOTW. The rest will be Bible Verses and Poetry from What Your First Grader Needs to Know. Just 2-4 lines a day.

Singapore Math 2A and 2B along with Mammoth Math Geometry for 1-3 grades to supplement.

Shurley English 1 - We will start with this, after looking at it, I think I should have put him in 2 - but you can never get too much grammar practice! If we don't like it I have R&S 2 on the way.

Spelling Plus and corresponding Dictation book for spelling. (Spelling list one week, dictation sentences the next.

Core Curriculum of Basic Skills (2nd Grade) for reading comp, phonics and extra practice on math if needed. (Will use The Writing Road to Reading for more phonics review but his decoding skills are at a 5th-6th grade level, I am more concerned with comprehension at this point).

Reading (5 books per month is the goal, more if he can!): 1 history, 1 science, 1 chapter book, 2 of choice (1 must be read aloud to me or Dad).

Outside the house: Group piano, 3 hours of dance (first year on competition team :001_smile:), gymnastics once a week, co-op PE and lit based enrichment classes.

I may alter this plan as we get going, but for now, this is what I have planned!

I am curious what everyone will be using next year. :)
I've used the same curriculum for the most part lo these many years, and while at one point I suffered in the doldrums, I'm now soothed by the familiarity.:) I feel rather like I'm in a groove and that's not entirely a bad thing. In fact, I'm looking forward to revisiting some of the same materials & books with my youngest two because I have more time & energy now than I did a few years ago.

My 16 yo junior will be attending community college full-time. I sorta-kinda anticipated that (and we're both more than ready for him to fly the homeschooling coop!), but it still feels odd, kwim? He'll also be taking fourth year German via Oklahoma State University.

All my other guys will continue using:

~ Sonlight history

~ Singapore Math (4th & 1st graders)

~ Lial's Algebra & BCM (8th & 6th graders, respectively)

~ Sonlight language arts (along with various & sundry other bits, such as online Bravewriter classes for the 8th & 6th graders)

~ Getty-Dubay Italic (6th, 4th, & 1st graders)

~ Sonlight science (aside from the 8th grader, who will take an oceanography course elsewhere)

~ German 1 with Oklahoma State (8th grader)

~ Rosetta Stone German (6th grader)

~ Typing Instructor (6th & 4th graders)

~ First Form Latin (new to me, I'll dabble in it with my 6th & 4th graders as we study the Roman Empire)

~ Minimus Latin (for my 1st grader...I always toss this in for younger ones when we study ancients)

~ Telling God's Story (adding this in for my youngest because I love it, and in appreciation of Peter Enns and SWB)

My oldest does three sports ~ cross-country, swimming, and soccer ~ on the high school teams. My second son does soccer and track with the middle school, and plays rec league soccer. My younger three play rec league soccer in the fall & spring. So all of that covers PE!

Musically, the middle three will continue with piano lessons. My oldest is done and my youngest not quite ready to start. The younger four will be in an art class. I hate spending the money on that, but they love structured art time and I just do NOT get it done at home, no matter my good intentions. I do cover art & music history at home, using various resources, so that's something.

Is that it? I think so. I've offically added a chunk to what will become The Monster Thread.:tongue_smilie:

I make up curriculum for many different subjects, but I'm listing any curriculum or important items that I bought or will buy :) These are for 2 different kiddos.

Language Arts:

CLE

Diagramming Sentences by Mark Twain Media

StartWrite

Excavating English

Caesar's English

Jump In

Killgallon Sentence Combining for Elementary and Story Grammar for Elementary

Figuratively Speaking

Rod and Staff Spelling

Vocabulary Cartoons

Rummy Roots

Operation English Grammar Lapbook

Experiences with Writing Styles

Lots of classics for reading and read alouds

Math:

Singapore Math with CWP and IP

Life of Fred

Road Rally Race

Double Tangoes

Foreign Language:

Arabian Sinbad

Alif Baa

My First Chinese Reader

Pinyin for Everyone

Hey Andrew Greek

Let Us Speak Sinhala vol 1

Let's Learn Sinhala Vowels and Consonants

Let's Learn Sinhala Vowels and Their Strokes

Let's Learn Sinhala Consonants and Their Ways

Learn Sinhala Talk Now CD-Rom

Logic:

Grid Perplexors

Logic Liftoff

Logic Countdown

Chess

History/Geography:

Basic Not Boring US History

United States Past and Present Map Skills

United States and Its Neighbors Map Skills

Canada: A People's History DVD series (not buying this - it is at the library)

Studies I put together on ancient history and we are looking in depth at Thailand and Sri Lanka for geography.

Science:

Sciencewise Book 2

Developing Thinking Skills through Science

Dictionary of Word Roots

Studies I put together on Zoology and Physics

Bible:

Bible Experience TNIV OT audio

Chicken Soup for the Soul books

Study I put together on the Fruit of the Spirit and we are reading biographies of missionaries in Asia.

For my first grader:

English -- Reading books from the library; copywork/dictation/narration from our other work; Evan-Moor's Daily 6-Trait Writing, 2nd Grade

Math -- Math Mammoth Blue Series, beginning with Add & Subtract 2b and seeing where that takes us.

Science -- Whatever strikes our fancy. Lots of time at the natural history museum, the zoo, and doing nature study. Documentaries via Netflix.

History -- Ancient History, using a variety of resources including SOTW.

Music -- Piano lessons with dad, recorder

Art -- Drawing, art museums, misc. projects

German -- Saturday school, Duden's Einfach Klasse in Deutsch 2, reading, copywork, dictation, daily children's news podcast, other podcasts, history read-alouds

Typing -- Probably Typing Instructor for Kids

PE -- Swimming, Karate, Yoga, playgrounds

2011-2012 Plans...Subject to change ;)

Together

TOG Y1 Ancients

Apologia Zoology 3 (Land animals)

Math Mammoth

Teaching Textbooks or ALEKS

Meet the Masters (?)

They want to learn to play the recorder

3rd-Thane

AAS

IEW PAL Writing

Sonlight Readers

ETC Online

R&S English

Typing

Building Thinking Skills

5th-Magnus

Phonetic Zoo

IEW Ancient Theme Based Writing

Parts of MCT Language Arts

R&S English

Latin for Children A

Typing

Building Thinking Skills

MFW K (not the math or phonics), Explor. - 1850, AHL & WHL

Time Travelers "The American Revolution" & "The Early 19th Century" (just select projects)

Math mammoth & Math It game

McRuffy Color math Kindergarten

Kinetic Books Algebra 1

Primary & Intermediate Language Lessons

Writing Strands or Write Shop Apprentice (still trying to decide)

Biology 101 DVD's with Abeka Biology text & Dover Anatomy coloring book

Fallacy Detective & Thinking Toolbox (logic)

Total Health

Explode the Code

All About Spelling

Spelling Power (some of my kids are too old to switch to AAS)

***No, we are not overloading (I don't think, anyway)! These are the different things that I am using with 5 different children. I think penmanship and possibly French are the only things I haven't really nailed down.

I have two 7th-graders at home this coming school year.

We will be using The Handbook of Nature Study blog for nature study.

Rod and Staff English 6 and 7, Sequential Spelling, Figurative Language, Killgallon Middle School Books, Parts of Write Source 7

Singapore Math 6, Key to Algebra books 1-4

Thamses and Kosmos Windpower, Solar Engery, and Hydropower kits along with Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia and various books and internet sources.

Atelier Art

History Portfolio and too many resources of which I am trying to pull together right now

Mapping the World with Art

Beautiful Feet Horse Lit., Some Blackbird and Company Lit guides

Building Thinking Skills

Shakespeare class and some kind of swimming/diving/water polo throughout the year.

Still figuring out logic and vocab.

Boy that looks like a lot now that I've written it out.

This thread has inspired me to blog in a bit more detail about what we will be using this coming year. http://missmoe-thesearethedaysofmylife.blogspot.com/2011/07/our-homeschool-curriculum-choices-2011.html

Edited by missmoe

We have switched around quite a bit in curriculum this year, so I'm anxious to see how some of this will work out (mostly the addition of MCT):

6th Grader

Math Mammoth 6

MCT Voyage level

Spelling Workout

Writing/lit class outside the house

Faith and Life 6 religion

English from the Roots Up/Caesar's English

Galore Park French

Meet the Masters

Geography through map workbook, geography games and puzzles

Music appreciation through piano lessons and composer studies

Noeo Biology II/RS4K Biology I/Supplemental books and experiments

American History (Civil War to the present borrowing heavily from Sonlight and Veritas Press)

4th Grader

Math Mammoth 4

MCT Island level

Spelling Workout

Writing with Ease 3 and Winning with Writing 3

Faith and Life 4 religion

English from the Roots Up/MCT Vocab

Galore Park French

Meet the Masters

Geography through map workbook, geography games and puzzles

Music appreciation through piano lessons and composer studies

Noeo Biology II/RS4K Biology I/Supplemental books and experiments

American History (Civil War to the present borrowing heavily from Sonlight and Veritas Press)

1st Grader

Finish Ordinary Parents Guide

Math Mammoth 1/Right Start B

Spelling Workout

Handwriting Without Tears

First Language Lessons/Growing with Grammar 1

Faith and Life 1 religion

Biology following suggestions of TWTM

American history with various lower elementary books

Joining sibs for geography, music appreciation, art appreciation

Learning some French vocab through Usborne books

Together:

Science--My Pals are Here, occasional Tops experiments

History/Literature--Classical House of Learning Literature

Geography--Trail Guide to World Geography plus my own plans integrating physical geography, cultural geography, literature, and science

Language Arts--The Sentence Family, Wordsmithery, may add on Modeling the Classics in the winter

Math supplements--Arithmetic Village, From Polliwogs to Polygons, Mathematicians are People Too

Nature Study--The Private Eye, The Wonderland of Nature Journal

Composer Study--Opal Wheeler books and companion CDs

Picture Study--My own plans

American History--read alouds only

And lots of wonderful read alouds snuggled on the couch.......can't wait.:)

DS, 11yo:

Math--Math Mammoth? Practical Arithmetic?

Grammar--Simply Grammar

Spelling--Spelling Wisdom

DS, 8yo:

Language Arts--Pathway Readers and workbooks, Classical Writing Primer

Math--McRuffy? Practical Arithmetic?

I feel like I forgot something here. It's late. I'm tired. But really, this list looks long enough. Or does it? Hmmm....I'll check tomorrow.

MFW ECC - beefed up for the older two.

STOW where applicable. Lit selections to go along with whatever country we're in.

Math U See for the older two and Singapore for the youngest.

Apologia General and Physical for the older two. We're two weeks into the science that came with MFW ECC and I don't like the text at all. I'm going to probably switch the younger to one of the Apologia Elementary series.

Rod and Staff for Grammar and I'm going to give IEW one more try before I curl up in the fetal position and sell it and try something else. The boys hate to write. Just hate it.

Oldest is going to continue with his tutor for the foreseeable future. He works out five days a week. Middle plays golf constantly. Youngest gets plenty of exercise bouncing off the walls and the mini tramp.

I'll supplement with other things here and there - lapbooks - notebooking pages, etc.

I will be doing a gentle pre-k/kindy hodge podge.

Hillyer's Kindergarten at Home

Miquon & MEP, pattern blocks, puzzles and games

Handwriting with Mommy, which we've already been doing with success so...

science will be covered through many trips to the zoo, a jr farmer program, a list of experiments I have planned, and lots of nature walks

And most importantly, lots and lots and lots of read alouds.

Because she is a curious bird and wants to see a MONSTER thread. :)

Sorry. I'm a question-asker and I always wonder why anyone else would even care what I do or how I do it. I could care less what anyone else uses! Whatever works for you - go for it!

So far, this is our list...it's still being tweaked since this is our first year:)

4th grade DD-

*Math- Saxon 54

*LA (Grammar) GWG

(Writing) WWW

(Spelling) R&S

(Vocabulary) WW 3000

*Science- Real Science for Kids (1 per semester Biology & Chemistry)

*History- Hodge podge of US history using The History of US series with stories mixed in

*Latin- Prima Latina

*Art- 1 artist per trimester, studied with works of art, field trips to the art museum and reading various biographies

*Music- Much like art study but with composers

2nd grade DS-

*Math- Saxon 2

*LA (Grammar) GWG

(Writing) WWW

(Spelling) R&S

(Vocabulary) WW 3000

*Science- Real Science for Kids (1 per semester Biology & Chemistry)

*History- Hodge podge of US history using The History of US series with stories mixed in

*Latin- Prima Latina

*Art- 1 artist per trimester, studied with works of art, field trips to the art museum and reading various biographies

*Music- Much like art study but with composers

As you can see...both of my kids' curriculums are very similar, but I'll tweak and add/subtract as we go:)

My pre kindergardener will be working on basics (learning letters/letter sounds/numbers/counting etc) I am hesitant to buy any kindy curriculum because he's really not ready just yet, but may be by the end of summer. All ready in just 3 weeks, he's learned 3/4 of the alphabet/letter sounds as well as numbers:)

3rd Grade

* Sonlight Core B and Core C (attempting to mix the two and drop what I wish to make it doable) - History & Literature. I'm tweaking the bible to go through Leading Little ones to God every day and then move on to Telling God's Story mid year. We also read from a NIV bible which has pictures and tells the stories to children with NIV words and a little paraphrasing.

* AAS (I broke down and bought the first 4 levels used as I think my son needs to learn the rules) - the words will be too easy for him so I may add in HTTS words.

* GWG 3 & WWW 3

* Wordly Wise (we'll see how it goes - might drop it)

* Math Mammoth light blue - level 3A & 3B hoping to cruise on to 4. Also have Miquon but don't know how I'll work it into the schedule.

* Evan Moore Daily Geography plus additional Geography books.

* RSO Biology and hopefully moving on to Earth Science mid to late year.

* Abeka Health - we'll see - might just glance through the workbook together.

* Home lessons on the keyboard

My 2nd grader will do Sonlight along with us and then her own level of Math and Language arts.

Check my sig. If you like to read, I just posted a long page of what we're using for second grade for this upcoming fall 2011/2012 school year.

For summer, I'm seeing if I can cut/paste my "short" list....

Summer 2011 Plans ~ 2 hours/day

Edited by Satori

I make up curriculum for many different subjects, but I'm listing any curriculum or important items that I bought or will buy :) These are for 2 different kiddos.

Language Arts:

CLE

Diagramming Sentences by Mark Twain Media

StartWrite

Excavating English

Caesar's English

Jump In

Killgallon Sentence Combining for Elementary and Story Grammar for Elementary

Figuratively Speaking

Rod and Staff Spelling

Vocabulary Cartoons

Rummy Roots

Operation English Grammar Lapbook

Experiences with Writing Styles

Lots of classics for reading and read alouds

Math:

Singapore Math with CWP and IP

Life of Fred

Road Rally Race

Double Tangoes

Foreign Language:

Arabian Sinbad

Alif Baa

My First Chinese Reader

Pinyin for Everyone

Hey Andrew Greek

Let Us Speak Sinhala vol 1

Let's Learn Sinhala Vowels and Consonants

Let's Learn Sinhala Vowels and Their Strokes

Let's Learn Sinhala Consonants and Their Ways

Learn Sinhala Talk Now CD-Rom

Logic:

Grid Perplexors

Logic Liftoff

Logic Countdown

Chess

History/Geography:

Basic Not Boring US History

United States Past and Present Map Skills

United States and Its Neighbors Map Skills

Canada: A People's History DVD series (not buying this - it is at the library)

Studies I put together on ancient history and we are looking in depth at Thailand and Sri Lanka for geography.

Science:

Sciencewise Book 2

Developing Thinking Skills through Science

Dictionary of Word Roots

Studies I put together on Zoology and Physics

Bible:

Bible Experience TNIV OT audio

Chicken Soup for the Soul books

Study I put together on the Fruit of the Spirit and we are reading biographies of missionaries in Asia.

Oh WOW..I am feeling a bit like a slacker mom! I admit, my kids might cry and throw themselves on the floor if I presented that much material...but kuddos to you! I must ask, how many languages are you teaching? Is it tough for them to retain so many different ones?

Oh WOW..I am feeling a bit like a slacker mom! I admit, my kids might cry and throw themselves on the floor if I presented that much material...but kuddos to you! I must ask, how many languages are you teaching? Is it tough for them to retain so many different ones?

Ack, don't feel like a slacker.:tongue_smilie: I'm just a little crazy:willy_nilly::willy_nilly: Some of the things I listed are half-way done and will be replaced with another on the list part-way through the school year. My kids like doing different things every day too so they do well with a mish-mash of different things. I won't finish many things on that list in one school year either (hence the half-way done things from this school year).

We are doing three languages right now, but I will need to add another one because we are moving to a country where we will need to speak the new language. We go slow with the languages. The languages are all quite different so I haven't noticed a problem.

Now that I finally have everything in hand...mostly:

Grammar & Composition: Galore Park Junior English 1 + some MBTP 7-9 literature units

Spelling: Writing Road to Reading or I may brave the AAS waters again. Not sure yet.

Handwriting: not fully decided, I'm leaning towards Pictures in Cursive Primer

Math: Math Mammoth, finish 2 and move on to 3

History: The Complete Book of United States History as a spine, plus additional reading and projects

Science: parts of BFSU, RFWP's Animal Kingdom (didn't get to it this year), maybe Intellego's Astronomy or other GEMS or AIMS units, FIAR nature study

Art: Atelier 1 & 2

Foreign Language: Spanish for Children A

Other: piano practice, horseback riding, hopefully swimming or Irish dance

Language Arts--Phonics Road, WWE

If I introduce cursive this year it will be HWOT I believe

Math--RightStart and hoping to move to Math Mammoth when we're done with our current level

We school year round so are mid-way through a level right now.

Bible--Telling God's Story

Science, History, Art, Music--Core Knowledge Curriculum

I think that's it! I used all of this in the past year except Math Mammoth and WWE so I'm pretty confident it will work well for us again.

5th and 3rd grades:

HOD Preparing w/ all their recommendations except we use Teaching Textbooks for math.

Not sure if we will use DITHOR.

Rosetta Stone German

1st grade:

SL 4/5 w/ the preschooler

ETC

HOD Emergent Reader Set

copywork

not sure about math yet

preschooler:

SL 4/5 w/ 1st grader

various workbooks because she loves them! R&S, ETC primers

lots of free time w/ art and writing supplies because she loves them!

maybe MFW activity cards for the Lauri toys we already own?

5th grader

Igniting Your Writing Level 1, and writing across the curriculum

Word Roots Beginnings (for spelling & vocab)

Teaching Textbooks

Reading, lots of reading

Mythology (independent study)

3rd grader

Explode the Code and Easy Lessons for Teaching Word Families

Teaching Textbooks

Lots of reading practice

Children around the world (homemade study)

Both

History (world and American), Geography & Science - Core Knowledge via the What Your _ Grader Needs to Know series

Artist and composer studies, Phonics of Drawing

Nature journaling

The Sentence Family

Spiral Scouts

Edited by momto2Cs

For my DD who will be doing the first of two planned years of 5th grade:

Story of the World Volume II

Teaching Textbooks 7

Advanced Language Lessons

Writing With Skill

Red Hot Root Words, followed by Rockin' Root Words

Books 4-6 of A History of US (listening to the audio books only)

Novel studies

Powerglide Spanish

Interest based thematic units

For her science, I'm going to experiment with using the Horrible Science books along with the Kingfisher Science Encyclopedia. If that fails, Noeo Physics.

For DS, finishing up Keystone Online Middle School's eighth grade program, and beginning high school with them. His 9th grade schedule is planned to be

Geography

English I

Biology & Bio Lab

Geometry

Game Design.

He will do Powerglide Spanish as well.

Edited by Elfinlady

We started July 1st and most of my K, 2, and 4 picks are in my signature. We're using a few Evan-Moore books that aren't listed, but other than that.... Well, okay I guess our art books aren't listed and neither is Grammar-Land which we just got in the mail yesterday, and I started reading it to my middle ds last night.

5th-Sonlight Core F, Rod and Staff language, RS4K Biology, How Great Thou Art, Spelling Workout, Horizons Math, Latina Christiana

2nd-Sonlight Core C, FLL2, Spelling Workout, RS4K biology, How Great Thou Art, Horizons Math, ETC6, Writing Tales

1st-Sonlight Core C, FLL1, OPG, ETC1, Sonlight Readers, How Great Thou Art, Horizons Math

I think that is everything-we start the last week of July this year.

Oak Meadow 6 for my daughter for everything but math.

Teaching Textbooks 6 for math plus LOF Fractions 1x/week.

And because I'm stretching 6th grade out over a two year period, I'm supplementing with various things, including:

Continuing with SOTW 1

Story Grammar for Elementary School

Getting Started With Spanish

Meet The Masters (art)

Typing Instructor For Kids

Kidshealth.org for health

Weekly cooking lessons using Rachael Ray's Cooking Rocks cookbook.

Plus extra-curricular activities- continuing with Girl Scouts as a cadette, continuing Judo classes at the Y, and adding on guitar lessons this year.

With my son, I'm using Oak Meadow Kindergarten.

6th grade:

Holt science and technology life science

Shurley English 6

Saxon 7/6 + Life of Fred Decimals and Percents

K12 Human Odyssey (parts of vol. I and vol. II) + k12 printed materials

educacion espanola through Discovery Streaming with REAL Homeschool Spanish

Lightning Lit and Composition 7

art, PE and Science Olympiad through co-op

possibly science classes through local nature center

aikido

Cadette Girl Scouts

Now explain why I have 3 six-foot bookcases that are overflowing for homeschool materials for one child, because my husband is very curious ;).