Menu

Vent: my second and last rant about my Boards re-cert test.

(Do you have to do this every 10 years or so?)

Yes, but in 10 years I'll be in my 60s and I am thinking of using a "secret weapon" that is actually more useful to humanity than this stupid test: I'm going to beef up my medical Spanish and take advantage of the fact I now work with 20+ psychiatrists and get really good at psychiatry. Then, if I need a job in my 60s, rural communities will FALL over themselves to welcome a bilingual American grad who is not afraid of psych patients. Psych is horribly underrepresented in the boonies.

Yes, but in 10 years I'll be in my 60s and I am thinking of using a "secret weapon" that is actually more useful to humanity than this stupid test: I'm going to beef up my medical Spanish and take advantage of the fact I now work with 20+ psychiatrists and get really good at psychiatry. Then, if I need a job in my 60s, rural communities will FALL over themselves to welcome a bilingual American grad who is not afraid of psych patients. Psych is horribly underrepresented in the boonies.

I like it.:D

Is it too late for you to become a psychiatrist? There's a shortage, you know.;) Bilingual would be golden.:D