Menu

Weekly Reports, 2/28/11-3/4/11

hlee

Could this be possible? I don't think I've EVER started a weekly report thread! If another one is out there, I apologize...but if not, then I'm excited to finally be the first! =)

Our report is up, although it's less a report of what we did this week and more a report of some of my current questions. I wonder if there are fewer questions the longer you homeschool???

Look forward to seeing other people's reports this week!

I just wanted to mention that I removed my recommendation of the Terry Jones Medieval Lives series. As of today, I've only been able to let the kids watch two episodes. The rest all contain content that is just too ribald.

If you read my week in review and thought to use those, please make sure you preview them.

I finally wrote up our week. Erika finished Math Mammoth Subtraction 1 this week, which seems like a major milestone.

I also had to dust off my extremely rusty knowledge of phonetics to help her with one of her German exercises this week. I still can't figure out why the curriculum authors thought the kids needed to know this. It's kind of like the difference between the voiced and unvoiced "th" in English, but much more so -- it's almost impossible to pronounce the wrong "ch" sound in German when saying a word.