Menu

Update on my breast cancer

Thank you so much for the prayers and well wishes after I posted last week about my breast cancer diagnosis. I am feeling a little better now, emotionally - I'm on day 2 of no crying!

Here is the update I promised.

The tumor is non-palpable (couldn’t be felt by me or the doctors) and was found through a mammogram. From all the testing, it looks like a small stage 1 tumor and the prognosis looks very good. I am scheduled for a lumpectomy on 2/22. After that, the recommended course of treatment will probably be radiation therapy and anti-hormone drugs, but that will be finalized after the surgery when they have more details about the nature of the tumor.

Some of the WTMers have also sent me info on holistic cancer treatment, and I am researching that, too. I have already made HUGE diet changes and am being pretty radical about it. For example, went to an event today that provided pizza & cokes for lunch - I brought my own brown rice salad, fruit, and water. Honestly, this is the first time in my life that I haven't felt tempted to "cheat" on any form of diet change.

Please keep me in your prayers. I am praying for a miracle…that the radiologist would not even find the cancer before the surgery, or that after the surgery the doctors will say it does not require further treatment.

:grouphug: to you! Thank you for the update, just remember your emotions are on a pendullum right now and will ebb and flow. I am 5 months out from hearing the words "you have cancer" and I can go 2 weeks without much thought about things and then BAM something will set me into a 4 hour crying spell and I can't even tell you what it was.

Praying that the pathology report after your surgery shows the least amount of cancer possible and the best possible margins, no lymph node involvement as well!!!!!!!!!!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Praying for lots of strength and courage for you and your family.

p.s. If you haven't already checked it out, head over to mycrazysexylife.com. The amount of information about cancer and diet is amazing. The amount of others fighting the same battle is overwhelming and all members are very supportive.

Edited by caitlinsmom

Thank you so much for the prayers and well wishes after I posted last week about my breast cancer diagnosis. I am feeling a little better now, emotionally - I'm on day 2 of no crying!

Some of the WTMers have also sent me info on holistic cancer treatment, and I am researching that, too. I have already made HUGE diet changes and am being pretty radical about it. For example, went to an event today that provided pizza & cokes for lunch - I brought my own brown rice salad, fruit, and water. Honestly, this is the first time in my life that I haven't felt tempted to "cheat" on any form of diet change.

Please keep me in your prayers. I am praying for a miracle…that the radiologist would not even find the cancer before the surgery, or that after the surgery the doctors will say it does not require further treatment.

:grouphug::grouphug:

I will pray specifically and expectantly for you.