Menu

What's for dinner tonight?

Beef ragu with pasta and shaved Parmesan cheese.

I cut the fat off a chuck roast, seared it, sauteed three onions, three cloves of garlic, then added a big can of chopped tomatoes, two cups of cheap red wine, a tsp. of oregano, a pinch of red pepper flakes, stirred and let come to a boil. If I had had some mushrooms, I'd have put them in too.

Cover tightly, then into a 325 degree oven for four hours. It smells heavenly now at hour 2.5. No maintenance necessary.

Serve over your favorite pasta, and shave some Parmesan over it. Done. :D

My son have back-to-back dance classes beginning before my husband can get home from work. So, the kid will eat whatever he feels like making for himself before we leave.

I baked bread this afternoon. And I'll prep ingredients for a (fake bacon) BLT before I go.

I'm not hungry at the moment, but might pick up a snack while I'm waiting for my son.

I always make three meals at dinner--something for the baby (steaming carrots to puree for tonight), something my, er, discriminating dh will eat (I cook from a 7-day menu for him, same 7 meals, same order, week in, week out), and then something healthy for me (17 pounds gone, 51 to go!).

As I result, I usually don't know what to make for myself. :willy_nilly:

Tonight I'm guessing it might end up being a bowl of Cheerios....

I'll be making my mom's roast chicken and potato recipe. Plus I just set a batch of dough rising for hot cross buns, just because I'm in the mood.:)

mmmmm

I love hot cross buns. The difference between home made and store bought is night and day. I glutted myself on them a while back and now am making us wait. :001_smile:

Well, this morning when I was cooking breakfast, a gas smell came over the kitchen. The short story is now I can't use my stove and oven until a part comes in 4-6 days :glare:. The good news is at least DH can fix it.

So.....I pulled out my bread machine and made a loaf of honey italian, and pulled out the crock pot and have a batch of chicken chili cooking. The oven might not work, but the house smells wonderful!

I'm trying a new crock pot recipe. I was happy to find one that looks healthy and didn't call for dried onion soup mix loaded w MSG, or cream of whatever soup, and all of that other stuff I usually see in crock pot recipes. My 2 month old limits me in my options of what I can make at this point.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000000451343