Menu

Do you live where you were born?

Do you live were you were born?  

1. 1. Do you live were you were born?

• Yes
    • No
    • I can't imagine an other since it is pretty straightforward, but... Please explain

I live in the outskirts of the city where I was born. I've lived within a 10 mile radius my entire life even when I went to college. Lucky for me there is a major university 10 miles down the road from me. And now I live 5 houses down from my parents, 6 from my Grandma, and 7 from my inlaws. I pray all of my kids stay within that 10 mile radius and raise my grandbabies where I can see them every day if I want to.:D

Heck no! I was born and raised on Long Island, went to college in Western NY state and have NO PLANS on ever going back to that crowded and over taxed state! My brother pays property tax on his house DOUBLE what we pay and his house is about 1/3 the size of ours. I would actually love to move from VA and go to WV in about 2 years.

Nope, military brat here. I was born in Fresno, CA. I currently live in middle TN. I have lived here longer (both more than twice as much) than I have ever lived anywhere in my entire life. Still this is not home. It is always so hard to answer that question. I always get that deer in the headlights look as do my children. I consider TX my home as that is where my family is from but I am hoping to settle in GA some day as that is where most of my children live and where my maternal grandparents are from. My hubby's children also live there and my brother has agreed to move there should we go but I can't get my hubby to commit to that so it looks like, "Long live the Lone Star state!" My hubby's family also lives there, as does my brother and my oldest two's father and it is where my 1st SIL originally lived so I guess it wouldn't be too bad either. I am hoping that we all gravitate to the same area though.

Never thought you were a "Valley Girl."

Nope, I grew up in Stockton, CA and once I went off to college I never looked back.

Now I'm just north of Seattle. I do miss the Sacramento area (I went to UC Davis and lived in Davis for almost a decade after I graduated) some. My very best friend lives down there and we go back and forth seeing each other at least a half dozen times a year. But I don't miss the heat and I don't miss the bugs. There are so many more bugs down there than up here!

Not in the same town, but in the same county. I'm just over 30 miles from the place I grew up.

ETA: Realized I didn't answer the question quite accurately. I was born in another state, moved to this one when I was 2, and to what I consider my "hometown" when I was 5. So the earlier answer actually applies to where I grew up, not where I was born.

Edited by matroyshka

I was born and pretty much raised in Las Vegas, NV. For 8th grade through High School, I went to Northern California. Came back to Vegas after graduation. Eventually married a Texan and moved to his state. About a year after 9-11, he was laid off, so we returned to my homestate. 8 months later, he was still unemployed with no prospects so we moved to Southern Utah. Eventually his old company hired him back for a position in Vegas, so back we went. We then ended up in Northern Nevada, and then back here (Texas). We shoulda just stayed to begin with ;) LOL

Yes, I do. Just down the street from the house I grew up. However, I must say that I have lived many other places, too, including South America, so I don't feel too badly about living here still. Or should I say, again! It's actually a very nice little town and I'm glad to be living here.

I do live where I was born, but not really because I want to. I just sort of ended up back here after living several other places. I came back temporarily after living in Europe and stayed to help my mom through an injury. I met dh, and since he is an attorney and doesn't really want to have to learn the laws in another state after practicing here for 25 years, I'm kind of stuck here! :D