Menu

It's snowing!

Wow! Really? That's great! I'll have to be sure to keep an eye outside here in case it snows. I'm so excited and the boys will be also. It's going to be a high of 91 today. Think it might snow in the morning or closer to evening for us?

LOL!!!

Just playing! Have a great time in the snow. I'll be walking around in shorts and washing the car this afternoon jealous of you! :D

Wow! Really? That's great! I'll have to be sure to keep an eye outside here in case it snows. I'm so excited and the boys will be also. It's going to be a high of 91 today. Think it might snow in the morning or closer to evening for us?

LOL!!!

Just playing! Have a great time in the snow. I'll be walking around in shorts and washing the car this afternoon jealous of you! :D

I can count on one hand the number of days here this summer it was in the 90s, so I'm jealous of you! ;)

I think we're cutting class short to play in the snow- I already have the dog out jumping in it.

It's also beginning to accumulate. Anyone else "blessed" with snow this morning?

We're in Detroit Lakes.....we got about 2 inches or so right now and more is falling. The kids have been out in it already.... :tongue_smilie: It is moments like this that I remember that they need gloves.... :001_rolleyes:

It's also beginning to accumulate. Anyone else "blessed" with snow this morning?

We are lucky most years not to be "blessed" with snow at all. If we do want to experience snow though, we can drive 90-minutes to the mountains :D It is chilly here though. I have had to light a fire in the wood stove all week.

Krista

Edited by kristavws

Grrr. That's coming my way. :mad: I suppose we should bring in the lawn furniture.

It's so windy here right now, I think one of my apple trees cracked - it looks too crooked. But I'm not going out there to look at it right now; I may not make it back inside.

:lol: So funny! I just turned our AC on here in NJ. It's not hot, but oh, it's soooo warm and muggy! Everything in the house is sticky and awful, I couldn't take it anymore. Fall weather is supposed to return on Friday, and I'm looking forward to it. We're jealous of your snow!

It's warm (80ish), windy, and very dry here (currently 12% humidity) - that's our "fall" weather. ;) The snow looks beautiful, but I think after the first week, I'd be ready for the "normal" weather I'm used to having. Plus, we have a hard enough time focusing and getting work done when it happens to rain; I would have to cancel school long-term around here if it actually snowed! :lol:

It's warm (80ish), windy, and very dry here (currently 12% humidity) - that's our "fall" weather. ;) The snow looks beautiful, but I think after the first week, I'd be ready for the "normal" weather I'm used to having. Plus, we have a hard enough time focusing and getting work done when it happens to rain; I would have to cancel school long-term around here if it actually snowed! :lol:

Two years ago we got 15-inches of snow, which was the most snow we had received since the 1940s. We canceled school for 2-days and spent our days sledding, and drinking hot cocoa. :D ALL of the public schools were canceled too. Actually, nearly EVERYTHING around here was closed :tongue_smilie:

Krista

Two years ago we got 15-inches of snow, which was the most snow we had received since the 1940s. We canceled school for 2-days and spent our days sledding, and drinking hot cocoa. :D ALL of the public schools were canceled too. Actually, nearly EVERYTHING around here was closed :tongue_smilie:

Krista

That's astonishing to me- things don't close here for snow, but they do for temperatures under -25F or so.

Krista

Sounds like a lot of fun! :D My kids can't get enough of puddles when it rains and they long to live somewhere with snow.

In the mtns of TN, our highs were in the low 70's with rain on and off. Really, it was a perfect fall day (other than the bit of rain here and there).

I am NOT ready for snow yet! While snow doesn't usually hinder anyone up here (cause, well, it snows in the moutnains), driving in snow on a steep, curvy mountain road is not quite the same as driving in snow on a normal road.