Menu

wacky question of the day

Well, I am back to say why I started this thread.

My ds7 is in charge of emptying trash bins. Ever since dd was born he has been stating - LOUDLY - that her diapers smell like..........

caramel popcorn!

There's something about the popcorn, people. :lurk5:

So Rookie, you said you'd tell us your answer!

I gave my reasons for asking in a pp - ds7 thinks his baby sister's poops smell like caramel popcorn! I think buttered!!

What is it about bf poop that so many of us think popcorn?

I do believe y'all have cured me of any desire for microwave popcorn. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Gee whiz...I guess it's been a WHILE since I've changed a diaper, but I sure don't remember the buttered popcorn smell!!

I gave my reasons for asking in a pp - ds7 thinks his baby sister's poops smell like caramel popcorn! I think buttered!!

What is it about bf poop that so many of us think popcorn?

Well newborns just drink milk, right? Butter is churned milk...so I figure babies just churn milk into a butter-smelling substance!

Edited by OH_Homeschooler
Switched a couple of words so it would make sense!

:lol:Awesome thread:lol:

I do remember that smell! When my first was a newborn, I remember wondering why I didn't think his diaper's stank. I thought I was crazy, but apparently, we're all crazy. :D

Nooooo......breast feeding baby poop is a whole different ball of wax from when they start solids or formula. Not sure why I've always thought yeasty, but I have.

I cried when my youngest started eating solids. It wasn't so much the smell change, as it was just hormonal sadness, but the smell was like the first real sign that she was growing up. (I hadn't planned on starting her on solids. She was five months old. I was feeding her sister lunch, turned around to get something, and she had a strawberry in one hand and an orange slice in the other, with big bites out of both. I tried to take them away and she screamed bloody murder with this look of "Why have you been holding out on me with this nectar of the gods???" I figured she was on solids then....)