Menu

Eating apples, peel or no peel?

Do you eat the apple peel or not?  

1. 1. Do you eat the apple peel or not?

• yes
    • no
    • other

I never thought about considering organic vs. non-organic. I prefer buying organic fruits too, but I still peel the apples. The peeling is just such a weird texture for me. :tongue_smilie:

And speaking of texture, I rarely buy oranges because I can't stand peeling them. They totally gross me out. My dd12 likes them but she peels them herself.

We typically eat the peel.

DS went through a phase where he wanted a whole apple and would just eat the peel off and then give it back :)

My DS does this now! I never peel my apples. I always leave the peel no matter what I am cooking with them. I do the same with potatoes and carrots. Fruit and veg skin is good for you!

And speaking of texture, I rarely buy oranges because I can't stand peeling them. They totally gross me out. My dd12 likes them but she peels them herself.

Cut the oranges into slices instead. I can't stand peeling oranges either - but slicing them is a cinch!

(DD#2 uses a spoon to peel her oranges, since she prefers them that way to sliced...)

The peel is nutritious and just under it is a lot of good stuff. I dont throw away peel. I try and buy organic, but even if its not organic, we just wash well in a fruit and veg wash, and always eat the peel.

But then, we also eat potato peel.

I dont even peel apples for apple pie.

The peel is nutritious and just under it is a lot of good stuff. I dont throw away peel. I try and buy organic, but even if its not organic, we just wash well in a fruit and veg wash, and always eat the peel.

But then, we also eat potato peel.

I dont even peel apples for apple pie.

Except that I don't worry about organic labels :iagree:

Oh, and sometimes we don't even wash them (oh the horrors :p).