Menu

Ideas for Girl's Names

Our #7 is due in about 8 weeks and we have settled on a boy's name but are finding a girl's name more difficult this time (probably because we already have 5 girls....;) ).

So, would anyone like to inspire us with some great girl's names??? :001_smile:

Give us a frame of reference, i,.e you like / dislike names with religious connotations, modern sounding names, older, traditional names, names that originate in a certain country, etc. Is your last name long or short?

Edited by Liz CA

Okay, here is a list:

Liora

Arielle

Joanna

Grace

Caroline

Simone

Tirza

Sivana (Ninth month of Hebrew calendar)

Olivia

Rachel

Leah

Rayna

Nediva (Generous, Noble)

Naomi (Beautiful, pleasant)

Nadya

Nina

Maya

Mira

Alexandra

Adra (Aramaic: Glory, Majesty)

Rebecca

Annika (Scandinavian)

:)

I typed your kids' names into Nymbler and these are the suggestions I got for a girl:

Abigail

Addison

Adrianne

Alexandra

Amelia

Anna

Ariel

Audrey

Ava

Cara

Charlotte

Chloe

Claire

Danielle

Ella

Elizabeth

Elyse

Gabrielle

Jenna

Kara

Lauren

Lauryn

Leslie

Megan

Michelle

Monica

Monika

Natalie

Sabrina

Tabitha

Congrats!

I have McKenzie and Delaney and wanted to use Kimberly for another but we had 2 more boys...sigh. I used Casey and Jordan for the first 2 boys and they were going to be used if they were girls as well. I have Elizabeth and Morgan as their middle names respectively. Everyone loves Delaney's name when they hear it. For Kimberly I was going to use Kimberly Addison.

Wow, everyone. Thanks so much for all your suggestions - I have lots of thinking to do :)

I actually quite like Hope, but dh doesn't. I was interested in Charlotte, but dh wasn't, and so it goes ;) .

Give us a frame of reference, i,.e you like / dislike names with religious connotations, modern sounding names, older, traditional names, names that originate in a certain country, etc. Is your last name long or short?

Well... my dh mostly likes traditional names so that has been a bit limiting :confused: . We are happy with a name with religious connotations, but it doesn't HAVE to be. Our surname has two syllables.

Anyway, I'll go through all your suggestions again, and run some by dh.

Thanks so much.

My daughters name is Carrington. I also like Lillian, London, Lauralie, and Claire. Congrats I know you and your family have got to be so excitied. :001_smile: Children are such a blessing. We are currently trying for #4.

Thanks. It IS very exciting.

All the best with your #4. :001_smile:

Our #7 is due in about 8 weeks and we have settled on a boy's name but are finding a girl's name more difficult this time (probably because we already have 5 girls....;) ).

So, would anyone like to inspire us with some great girl's names??? :001_smile:

My youngest daughter's name is Helaina (means ray of sunshine)

My husband and I both vote Sarah. I think it works well with your other girls' names. Dh suggested Beatrice, but I don't think it's the same style as your other kids' names.

My 7yo would agree with your vote for Sarah ..... that was her suggestion too. I also think it's nice, but unfortunately that's another name that dh has said 'no' to. Finding names to agree on seems so tricky this time.