Menu

I have babies now....

Did I get your attention? I haven't been here hardly at all this year, but we got licenced as foster parents with the state and all of a sudden I have twin boys living in my home. Actually, tomorrow we'll have twins. Right now we just have one of them. The other will be released from the hospital tomorrow.

I think one of the best things about starting over is that my kids won't be too old for Susan's writing curriculum this time around!! :001_smile:

Even though I haven't been here much this year, I just wanted to share our news here with you all. And now rather than logic questions I'll be frantically asking mother-of-twins questions. :-)

From one foster mom to another, congratulations! My now adopted children are like twins (they are 18 days apart) and one came to me at 6 days old and the other at 4 weeks old. They are now 3.5. I miss the newborn stage. We just do respite now. Hubby says we have our hands full and he is right but how I love those bitty babies. Enjoy every precious moment.

Ironically, they will fit perfectly into the classical rotation of our family. Right after dd finishes the rhetoric cycle the babies will be the right age to start all over again. That means (Lord willing, of course) I will be going through the entire 4 year cycle 6 times. (24 years!!) I will really know my history by then. ;)

Congratulations! Make sure to take lots of photos and label them now, especially if the twins are identical. (Good advice given to me when my twins were babies) I can always tell my boys apart, but when I look at old photos now that aren't labelled, I'm not always sure.

Congratulations! I have a younger bro and sis who are fostered--it's kind of fun to have a brother and sister 30 and 31 years younger than me. I only wish they lived closer than 2 states away! Mom and Stepdad are planning to adopt them, when they finally become adoptable (long story there, but boy, can these things drag on in court!). They didn't initially plan to adopt when they took on the baby instead of another teenager, they just wanted to trade drama for diapers for a while (they've fostered teenage girls for years, several have aged out with them), but they're the only parents little bro and baby sis have ever known.