Menu

Where can I keep stuffed animals neatly?

Please share your ideas! My daughter (6) loves her stuffed animals but I am very tired of dealing with them. They are all over her bed and it is very hard to keep a neat room or make a neat bed with animals everywhere. I'd like to pitch them, but she plays with them all and I'd love to find a contraption to put them in to have them accessible but out of the way. Any ideas beside a tub or bin? Thank you!

She has a shelf high up, but didn't want to use it for her stuffed animals because she wanted quick access to them. So I found this last year. It's been wonderful! It holds small stuffed animals with their heads showing through the holes (36 of them), plus a LOT more room inside for larger ones. My dd has easily over 50 stuffed animals in there (mostly smaller ones though) and it's not quite full yet! Her room looks much better now! :lol:

We had the same issue here-getting rid of some was not an option. They are like people to her.

So, we make a rule that she can keep X number on her bed (at the end, and 2 next to her)we do have some in a cute laundry basket type thing in her closet, AND we just bought a bin that is meant for shoes, it's on wheels and slides under the bed. It holds quite a few. This way, she rotates them, and they are "together".

Very cool idea, JoAnn! We have a lined wicker basket, about the size of a laundry hamper, but it needs to be dumped out every time to get just the right stuffy. While clean-up is pretty easy, it isn't done unless Mom supervises. Putting them back in their 'cage', though, would appeal to my dd!

We have several nets from Ikea. They're star-shaped, sort of, with loops on the end of each star-point. You put the animals in the middle, gather up the loops, and hang it on a hook on the wall (we use hercules hooks).

Pet nets that go up in the corner are a good solution, too. You can get those at organizing stores or wal-mart. We also have a plastic chain with clips on it that we used to use for stuffed animals; we hung it from the cieling. Now it's hanging across a corner and we use it for dress-up clothes.

If you can't find a satisfactory net, or want something in a pinch, pinning/nailing a sheet up in a corner in a triangle works pretty well, too. It's just not as visually pleasing.

In the fireplace?

:D No really, my DD8 has a pet net hanging in her room. What ever doesn't fit in there (with a couple of special ones on the bed) has to go.

I personally think there should be a global purging of all stuffed animals. The entire world should destroy all existing stuffies and start over.

I put a garbage bag full of them high on a top cupboard and only today found them. I put them there to see if ds missed them. When I got them down, he picked out a few and was ready to let go of the rest. (but he is 13 :) )

You could rotate them. I put ds's on the top bunk of his bunk bed. He only has a couple in his bed.

We bought this a couple of years ago http://www.littlezookeepers.com/Zoo.html, pricey, but it holds a TON and has held up well. :001_smile:

Someone on the boards here (I think) made a zoo out of ikea billy bookcase and some elastic for the bars.

I am thinking about a stuffed animal "tree" :

organizeeverything1_2078_6871445188

organizeeverything1_2078_6871460531

Edited by Jumping In Puddles

I have my ds's in a basket (the kind with a nice liner)

Younger dd has 5 such rectangular baskets that all fit neatly in a row under her bed. Older dd has purged down to a few favourites that sit on a shelf in her room. They each have a favourite to sleep with and 2 larger animals at the feet of their beds.

I feel your pain LOL. My DD is 5 and she loves her stuffed animals. We currently have an entire toy box filled with stuffed animals, plus two laundry bins, plus a smaller rubbermaid bin just for Webkinz (like 30 of them!), plus a small drawer for small stuffed animals. We used to use two nets but the animals were inaccessible. But yeah, this is AFTER cleaning some out and giving them to Goodwill. Ugh! But she just loves them!