Menu

Where do you keep your vacuum?

:) Sometimes our vacuum gets hidden in the corner by the piano! Just easier & with pets (needed often).

The right place for it is in a linen closet upstairs (where extra blankets, throw rugs and sheets are stored). It is a tiny closet & works perfect.

In theory, we keep it in the furnace room. In reality, I believe it is currently living in the dining room (unless my husband put it away after he vacuumed the car yesterday... what are the odds? It's been in the dining room or foyer for months)

I have 2 because I have a bad back so carrying it up and down stairs would never work. The downstairs one is in the front hall ( no room in closets here and I vacuum every day because we have dogs) the upstairs ones is sandwiched on the landing between the chalkboard/whiteboard easel on wheels and the dvd racks. That way the kids can get to it easy and vacuum the upstairs for me.

Thanks everyone. Looks like my best bet is going to end up being against a wall somewhere...maybe next to the bookshelf in the school room. Aren't there cute vacuum covers so they don't look so hideous sitting there?

Our one small closet downstairs is crammed already. We don't have a mudroom. Laundry is in the dirt cellar downstairs, which floods all winter. I don't think I'd vacuum often enough if I had to drag it up and down stairs to do it, so I want to keep it on the main floor since it needs vacuuming more often.