Menu

Update on son--good news for a change (some CC, but don't let that stop you from read

As some of you know, ds is currently in his 3rd month in treatment. Today, his therapist and our family therapist did a walk thru our home with him. They looked for paraphernalia and any remaining drugs; we pulled together a bag of stuff to show his po and (then) get rid of. Our house is clean--purged of the carp of the past. Yea!!!

Ds hadn't been home since November--even the two hours it took to get rid of stuff were a treat of sorts. Now, he is cleared to start home visits--his first is this Saturday, for 5 hours.

And, he has started praying. Just baby steps, more to his own conscience, but hey--this is a kid who was raised Christian but has totally rejected all thoughts of a higher power, and the hardest thing for him in recovery was to acknowledge some sort of higher power for AA. Now he has.

Just wanted to say to all of you, Christian or not, believer in something or not--Thank you, for helping me during my times of stress and despair, for lifting up my son, for listening to me ramble and complain, and for calmly hoping for all of our family.

And SWB, thanks for providing a supportive community for those of us who

have real children, who go thru real life, and who happen to believe that homeschooling provides us a unique opportunity to strengthen and sometimes even heal our families.

As some of you know, ds is currently in his 3rd month in treatment. Today, his therapist and our family therapist did a walk thru our home with him. They looked for paraphernalia and any remaining drugs; we pulled together a bag of stuff to show his po and (then) get rid of. Our house is clean--purged of the carp of the past. Yea!!!

Ds hadn't been home since November--even the two hours it took to get rid of stuff were a treat of sorts. Now, he is cleared to start home visits--his first is this Saturday, for 5 hours.

And, he has started praying. Just baby steps, more to his own conscience, but hey--this is a kid who was raised Christian but has totally rejected all thoughts of a higher power, and the hardest thing for him in recovery was to acknowledge some sort of higher power for AA. Now he has.

Just wanted to say to all of you, Christian or not, believer in something or not--Thank you, for helping me during my times of stress and despair, for lifting up my son, for listening to me ramble and complain, and for calmly hoping for all of our family.

have real children, who go thru real life, and who happen to believe that homeschooling provides us a unique opportunity to strengthen and sometimes even heal our families.

Oh, Chris, this just warms the heart. Good news, indeed. {{{C}}}

This made me nearly cry. My parents are on their way, as I type, across country to be with my step-brother who is in the hospital undergoing an emergency detox. My poor step-sister having to deal with it...he is in such horrible horrible shape at 50 years old, all due to alcohol.

I so hope your young son will take advantage of the knowledge out there to get the mastery over this terrible disease of addiction. I think they (doctors) did not think my step brother would survive the week. It is devastating to everyone.

I am so happy for you and your family. I hope your son continues to recover and really gets a true second chance at life. I believe experience can really open your soul and something great can come from very bad situations and I hope that is what your son gets. You all will be in my prayers this Saturday. To new beginnings!