Menu

Memoir in Six Words

There is a very cool thing being circulated around the internet right now. NPR is doing it, bloggers are doing it, there's a book about it:http://www.smithmag.net/sixwords/

The legend is that Hemingway was asked to write a novel in six words and he is said to have written the following:

For Sale: Baby shoes, never worn

So I thought it might be fun if we did that here. Write your own memoir, in six words. It could be either a capsule of your life, or just the way you're feeling right now.

Here's mine (it's just about how I'm feeling right now, not the story of my life, or maybe it is...):

Vicious cycle. Tired, push, push, tired.

Hemingway was a hack. That's four words; it's not my attempt at this exercise. I did consider one along that theme, but it was not at all nice. Sorry. Have I mentioned how overrated I think Hemingway is?

Oh well. I like some of the attempts I see here much better than his. I especially like Doran's and Plaid Dad's. I'm not known for my brevity.

Prairie winds blow long and hot.

I'm so deep. Better wear boots.

:p

Guest Virginia Dawn

I love this thread.

Do I want to read that?

Do I want to say that?

Do I want to be here?

Where oh where am I going?

Will it matter in the end?

Tinker, tailor, teacher, thinker, taster, tea