Menu

Your favorite stand up comedian

Angelah Johnson and Jeanne Robertson are two of my all time favorite comedians. 

Jeanne Robertson has passed, sadly. Two months after her Dh, whom she affectionately called Left Brain. She was Miss North Carolina in 1963 and played college basketball. She was the tallest pageant winner in NC history. She was known as a humorist rather than a comedian, but I think she is one of the funniest, regardless. 

Nate bargatze for sure.  Absolute favorite although I only recently found him. I will not watch anything that is crude or uses foul language so I especially appreciate his clean and FUNNY humor 😉 

Brian Reagan 

Henry Cho

Michael Jr

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scholastica said:

Seconding Nate Bargatze. He’s so funny!

11 hours ago, Annie G said:

I enjoy Nate Bargatze!

We like Nate too. We just saw his show last weekend. That was our first ever show. I bought us tickets at Christmas. I've concluded that it is more enjoyable at home without the obnoxious laughter of others. 

We used to enjoy Gaffigan but the latest special of his we thought he came across as grumpy and mean.

I like that Nate isn't crude and often makes fun of himself instead of other people.

• Like 4

John Pinette, hands down. Sadly he passed away a few years ago.

We were good friends in college. It was like hanging around with Robin Williams ... he could turn anything into a joke. We would eat together in the cafeteria and I would beg him not to make jokes while we were eating because I would laugh so much and end up with an upset stomach! He couldn't help it though, he was just naturally funny,

He was also a "clean" comic. Not a lot of swearing, most of the jokes about himself, he always said he didn't want to insult anyone

.Except for the Amish, he said he could make fun of the Amish and they would never know! 🙂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, busymama7 said:

Nate bargatze for sure.  Absolute favorite although I only recently found him. I will not watch anything that is crude or uses foul language so I especially appreciate his clean and FUNNY humor 😉 

Brian Reagan 

Henry Cho

Michael Jr

Same.  Love Nate Bargatze.  And i do t mind a little off color suggestion, I do not like vulgar and crude and constant F word.  

I saw a Dana Carvey special on TV probably 20 years ago about presidents. My then husband was asleep on the sofa and I was laughing so hard I nearly fell to the floor while trying to be quiet.  I wish I could find it but if memory serves it was pretty full of bad language.  

Anyone remember Sinbad? He did a bit on his mom buying him school clothes and bringing them home for him. He did not show proper appreciation and her response ‘Mr. Don’t have a job can’t buy nothing for himself!’ is still a catch phrase I use. 

Edited by Scarlett
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Anyone remember Sinbad? He did a bit on his mom buying him school clothes and bringing them home for him. He did not show proper appreciation appreciation and her response ‘Mr. Don’t have a job can’t buy nothing for himself!’ is still a catch phrase I use. 

Okay. .... Sinbad! When he did the skit about the mother losing it at the mall. We still quote "one less bell to answer, one less egg to fry!"

And I love when he said that we did not have play clothes. We just wore the clothes we grew out of haha.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

a few I haven’t seen mentioned:

Jo Choi

Sara Millikan
Iliza Shlesinger

Matt Rife

I watch comedy at work all the time so I probably have about 15 I watch. These are a few off the top of my head that haven’t been listed that I have watched their comedy show more than once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I’m showing my age here.  George Carlin, David Cross (he did standup prior to acting) and Bill Hicks who died in his early 30s from pancreatic cancer.

Not familiar with all the current comics, but like Marc Maron, Dave Chapelle, Neil Brennan, John Mulaney and Kathleen Madigan.

Also like Nate Bargatze.

Edited by annandatje
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Not an old favorite, but a new favorite. I’m watching this Drake vs Kendrick Lamar feud like the soap opera it is and I appreciate this young man’s Ted Talk on the subject. 

“. . . and it’s prob’ly A minooor”

Edited by KungFuPanda
Clarity and bars
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, rebcoola said:

I love Anjelah Johnson, Fluffy aka Gabriel Iglesias, Taylor Tomlinson.   Dana Carvey squatting monkeys tell no lies is the best comedy special ever

My son LOVED Fluffy. If anyone was just kissing on a movie, he would ask “are you watching a ‘film’?”

• Like 2