Menu

All the love ❤️

Ann.without.an.e

2 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Peach and Nectarine are beyond lovely!! Congrats again and thanks for posting such a beautiful picture!

ETA: and thank you, I know I’m biased but they are so sweet and so beautiful 🥰

They want to be close and will be so upset when they can no longer share a crib 😭

Edited by Ann.without.an.e
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, ScoutTN said:

Peach and Nectarine are beyond lovely!! Congrats again and thanks for posting such a beautiful picture!

5 minutes ago, Vintage81 said:

So sweet 💖

Just now, Kassia said:

They are absolutely precious.  Thank you for sharing.  ❤️

Thank y’all for letting me share ❤️

I’m not a big social media person but I also don’t want to share on social media because DSIL’s mom struggles with the fact that she doesn’t live as close and can’t see them much and I’m here helping daily. I don’t want to fuel that by posting pics. 
Also I took this pic yesterday and she just posted it on fb (DSIL must’ve sent it to her) and this is my way of quietly posting it where I want that she can’t see 🤣🤣

• Like 15

32 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

ETA: and thank you, I know I’m biased but they are so sweet and so beautiful 🥰

They want to be close and will be so upset when they can no longer share a crib 😭

A friend of mine had monoamniotic twins.  They are 8 they still share a bed.  They don't NEED to be in separate cribs.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, cjzimmer1 said:

A friend of mine had monoamniotic twins.  They are 8 they still share a bed.  They don't NEED to be in separate cribs.

DD assumes they’ll want to sleep together when they can but from everything we’ve read it can be risky to put them together when they start moving a lot but aren’t old enough to be fully aware because they could accidentally suffocate the other?

Is this not true?

33 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

I’m not a big social media person but I also don’t want to share on social media because DSIL’s mom struggles with the fact that she doesn’t live as close and can’t see them much and I’m here helping daily. I don’t want to fuel that by posting pics. 
Also I took this pic yesterday and she just posted it on fb (DSIL must’ve sent it to her) and this is my way of quietly posting it where I want that she can’t see 🤣🤣

Aw, that is so thoughtful of you!  I know it would hurt to be in DSIL's mom's position.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

Thank y’all for letting me share ❤️

Thank you for this sensitivity--it is painful to be a far away grandma. On the other hand, we're delighted to be the recipients of your shared joy--what beautiful little girls they are! Thank you for posting, grandma! May your heart be full of snuggles.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

DD assumes they’ll want to sleep together when they can but from everything we’ve read it can be risky to put them together when they start moving a lot but aren’t old enough to be fully aware because they could accidentally suffocate the other?

Is this not true?

Is it possible there is a risk?  Yes

Is it probable or common? No. 

Like everything with parenting there is a risk versus benefit and each person is going to have to weigh that out for themselves. 

"They" say don't co sleep with your baby but my kids would wake every 10 minutes or oftener when we tried to have them to sleep alone.  The risk of me losing my mind from lack of sleep was greater than the risk of my rolling on them in my sleep so I chose to ignore the "expert" advice.  Your DD is going to have to do that assessment for herself.  But for me personally, 2 babies in one crib with no blankets, stuffed animals, lovies etc, I would be comfortable with that risk versus the stress of trying to separate them.  But your DD may feel differently and that's perfectly ok too.

• Like 2

The sleeping part depends a lot on the babies. We put ours in separate cribs when they reached the point of scooting around and then kicking each other, mostly in the head, which of course then woke the kicked one up. They slept better when they weren't being assaulted by the other! They did share a double bed after they graduated from pack n plays, but later in some homes we had twin beds. They were not like some--they never really insisted on sleeping in the same bed, though they were pretty much best buds.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, cjzimmer1 said:

Is it possible there is a risk?  Yes

Is it probable or common? No. 

Like everything with parenting there is a risk versus benefit and each person is going to have to weigh that out for themselves. 

"They" say don't co sleep with your baby but my kids would wake every 10 minutes or oftener when we tried to have them to sleep alone.  The risk of me losing my mind from lack of sleep was greater than the risk of my rolling on them in my sleep so I chose to ignore the "expert" advice.  Your DD is going to have to do that assessment for herself.  But for me personally, 2 babies in one crib with no blankets, stuffed animals, lovies etc, I would be comfortable with that risk versus the stress of trying to separate them.  But your DD may feel differently and that's perfectly ok too.

9 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

The sleeping part depends a lot on the babies. We put ours in separate cribs when they reached the point of scooting around and then kicking each other, mostly in the head, which of course then woke the kicked one up. They slept better when they weren't being assaulted by the other! They did share a double bed after they graduated from pack n plays, but later in some homes we had twin beds. They were not like some--they never really insisted on sleeping in the same bed, though they were pretty much best buds.

I think dd will have to see how they are doing with it all. If they seem to be miserable apart and seem safe and not kicking each other in the heads lol then she may want them together. She’ll flex to what seems best.  They are very close in size so she feels more flexible than those with one really small weak twin and another stronger more mobile twin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

They are very close in size so she feels more flexible than those with one really small weak twin and another stronger more mobile twin. 

My small one made up for things in feistiness! 🤣 In our case, small did not mean weak! (Though I know it might for some.) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jaybee said:

My small one made up for things in feistiness! 🤣 In our case, small did not mean weak! (Though I know it might for some.) 

That’s funny because nectarine is 3 ounces smaller and actually more feisty, stronger, and more mobile. If we don’t put her right next to peach she will somehow scoot herself there and we can’t even figure out how she does that so young? She’s also the stronger nurser and was more mobile in the womb. 

My twin slept together until around age 5, then went into twin beds.  They still share a room.  Where they slept- co-sleeper or with me in bed (DH had to find another place to sleep for a while).  Then a twin mattress in my floor around 10 months.  Next was a full size mattress in their bedroom (right beside ours) around 15 months.  They slept on the mattress,  then in a full bed for several years.  It was a twin over full bunk bed, but no one ever slept on top, they slept together.   Then they moved rooms around 5, and we put the bunk bed as 2 twin beds. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ann.without.an.e said:

That’s funny because nectarine is 3 ounces smaller and actually more feisty, stronger, and more mobile. If we don’t put her right next to peach she will somehow scoot herself there and we can’t even figure out how she does that so young? She’s also the stronger nurser and was more mobile in the womb. 

Adorable little mirror images!

Both of my kids would wriggle themselves all over at birth and hold their heads up, even the hypermobile one. One of them could roll over whichever way was supposed to be hardest at two weeks. Weird happens! 

• Thanks 1