happi duck

1 hour ago, historically accurate said:

So close, yet so far away for word #3!

Wordle 273 4/6

🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Me too! I really thought I had it on 3 today, dang it! I wonder if our third guess was the same.

Wordle 273 4/6

🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 3

Wordle 273 6/6

🟨
🟨🟩
🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I only got this one today with help.  I had three of the letters and then just looked and looked at it and couldn't figure it out.  Dd14 came in, looked at my screen for about 30 seconds and said, "-----"?  Yep.  She was right!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 4

I got it in 3, but I still think the word looks like it is spelled wrong. My kid, looking over my shoulder, told me it was spelled correctly when I said, "Oh, it's XXX. Um, that doesn't look right." Apparently, I have forgotten how to spell this morning.

Wordle 275 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, historically accurate said:

I got it in 3, but I still think the word looks like it is spelled wrong. My kid, looking over my shoulder, told me it was spelled correctly when I said, "Oh, it's XXX. Um, that doesn't look right." Apparently, I have forgotten how to spell this morning.

Wordle 275 3/6

🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It always feel wrong to be too. If I hadn't needed to try out a certain vowel in a certain place, I'm sure I would have spelled it wrong. LOL

Wordle 275 3/6

🟨
🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

ETA: Forgot to share 

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 4

Wordle 276 4/6

🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I hate when the first word is a complete bust. 😂 Luckily, my first two guesses used all the wrong vowels up, so I was pretty limited in guesses after that!

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 3

Yes, this was a weird one, definitely luck involved here!  I keep forgetting this thread is here, I am still over here chugging away with the wordle and some of the bigger puzzles too when I have time.  Very fun!  

Wordle 276 2/6

🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

• Like 4

Is anyone else like me: the longer I play Wordle, the more obscure my guesses get. And the more obscure my guesses get, the more SIMPLE and BASIC the correct word is. Example from several days ago:  I’m over here guessing “moxie” and the answer was MOVIE.  😂 Well…of course it is! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, alisoncooks said:

Is anyone else like me: the longer I play Wordle, the more obscure my guesses get. And the more obscure my guesses get, the more SIMPLE and BASIC the correct word is. Example from several days ago:  I’m over here guessing “moxie” and the answer was MOVIE.  😂 Well…of course it is! 

Yes, yes, yes! I keep trying $5 words even though a simple penny one is the more likely choice.

Wordle 277 4/6

🟨
🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Edited by stephanier.1765
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

re using up all the vowels on first dud word

On 3/22/2022 at 9:16 AM, alisoncooks said:

Wordle 276 4/6

🟩
🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I hate when the first word is a complete bust. 😂 Luckily, my first two guesses used all the wrong vowels up, so I was pretty limited in guesses after that!

My go-to first word is always "audio," and if that turns out to be a total dud then my second word is "wrest," which gives me the e along with a bunch of common consonants. I nearly always get there by row 4 with this pattern; often in three.

But NEVER in two. I am genuinely baffled by those of you who repeatedly get two. I don't care WHAT the word is or what you get in row 1; there are still a zillion possibilities for row 2. It's beating the odds. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Pam in CT said:

re using up all the vowels on first dud word

My go-to first word is always "audio," and if that turns out to be a total dud then my second word is "wrest," which gives me the e along with a bunch of common consonants. I nearly always get there by row 4 with this pattern; often in three.

But NEVER in two. I am genuinely baffled by those of you who repeatedly get two. I don't care WHAT the word is or what you get in row 1; there are still a zillion possibilities for row 2. It's beating the odds. 

Getting it in two is beating the odds.  I've done it 3/51 times.  My stats are making a nice normal distribution, with a negative skew.  

I also think that there is an element of selection bias.  I think that we are all more likely to want to share the ones we get in two, and less likely to share the ones we don't get at all.

Screen Shot 2022-03-24 at 2.18.10 AM.png

• Like 3