Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

On 5/10/2022 at 3:18 AM, Terabith said:

2600870B-1447-4EC2-BF6C-76AA4D14C1DB.jpeg

I know an adult who did this with a baby tigersnake. 
 He nearly died, had to be rushed form one hospital to the next as the first hospital didn't have enough antivenom. A very dangerous thing to do and no joking matter. BABY VENOMOUS SNAKES CAN KILL YOU AS WELL AS BIG ONES.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

19 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Hobnobs are "the Biscuit" (especially the ones coated in chocolate) so he must be a great guy! 

He is.  He's such a sweetie.  He was staying with us over Easter, then went back to his University town to spend some time with friends before coming back to work for the summer.  Before he left, he put a card on my bedside table for me to find, just saying that he appreciated me and looked forward to seeing me again soon.  He had bought the card on a trip away with friends, when his mind was surely not mostly on his mum, so it feels very special that he thought of me.

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, Laura Corin said:

He is.  He's such a sweetie.  He was staying with us over Easter, then went back to his University town to spend some time with friends before coming back to work for the summer.  Before he left, he put a card on my bedside table for me to find, just saying that he appreciated me and looked forward to seeing me again soon.  He had bought the card on a trip away with friends, when his mind was surely not mostly on his mum, so it feels very special that he thought of me.

That is so sweet! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

I know an adult who did this with a baby tigersnake. 
 He nearly died, had to be rushed form one hospital to the next as the first hospital didn't have enough antivenom. A very dangerous thing to do and no joking matter. BABY VENOMOUS SNAKES CAN KILL YOU AS WELL AS BIG ONES.

Well, yeah, but that's a harmless garter snake. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wintermom said:

May be an image of text that says 'MOM, I'M SORRY FOR ALL THE DUMB STUFF I DID WHEN I WAS A KID. IF IT HELPS, YOU ONLY KNOW ABOUT HALF OF IT.'

Dh was talking to his aged uncle - a very fine man - about his youth.  He was constantly in trouble for mischief of one kind or another.  Dh asked him how much he was actually responsible for - "oh, about 50%."

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Melissa in Australia said:

But stupid idiots do things like that then post them and people in countries like Australia copy. Because idiots. And it is not good.

A friend‘s dad picked a mamushi up by its tail and said, “Look, kids, this snake is venomous “. He was bit and had to be Life Flighted for anti venom. Fortunately he survived. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Laura, that is precious 🤗

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Melissa in Australia said:

But stupid idiots do things like that then post them and people in countries like Australia copy. Because idiots. And it is not good.

We had a family come here from Romania- where little lizards are poisonous.  The wife was freaking out when a little lizard came in her house.  Her husband wasn't home, so she came to me for help.  Here, they're not poisonous (though they will bite), and she nearly fainted when I picked it up.