Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, gardenmom5 said:

Pipe their audio into Putin's bunker.  

LOLx I was just wondering if we could hack their p.a. systems and broadcast Copacabana, It's a Small World After All, Let it Go, and The I Love You Barney theme song in a 24/7 loop.  I mean, I know it is a form a torture and might be against the Geneva Convention but desperate times call for desperate measures!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

34 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I hope this is not offensive to anyone, but even as a peacenik I found it amusing. 

image.png.cb002b5d17da904874a65e0be271e263.png

This and also, we don’t have to do anything to our signs to confuse the enemy. You don’t know how to get there, you ain’t getting there. We try to be helpful, really we do, but if you don’t understand “Go up a way and turn west at the  Putman building” or understand the concept of mostly pothole concrete clovers, well there’s not good odds of you making it to where you want to be. 

ETA: there’s also the “turn at the Starbucks or pot shop” helpful bit that isn’t helpful at all since there’s one on every dang corner. 

Edited by Murphy101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

This and also, we don’t have to do anything to our signs to confuse the enemy. You don’t know how to get there, you ain’t getting there. We try to be helpful, really we do, but if you don’t understand “Go up a way and turn west at the  Putman building” or understand the concept of mostly pothole concrete clovers, well there’s not good odds of you making it to where you want to be. 

ETA: there’s also the “turn at the Starbucks or pot shop” helpful bit that isn’t helpful at all since there’s one on every dang corner. 

No joke! "Turn left at the Buetow barn that burned down a spell back" is a set of legitimate directions here. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

14 minutes ago, Faith-manor said:

No joke! "Turn left at the Buetow barn that burned down a spell back" is a set of legitimate directions here. 

I have an acquaintance that spent time in an area where "go two I see's" were legitimate directions.

My mom was really sad when the blue and red brick house was painted.  she always used it as a reference.  (when it was first painted - the blue practically glowed.  you couldn't miss it.)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MercyA said:

(I hope this is not offensive to anyone, but even as a peacenik I found it amusing.)

I'm in CMP People region, and I have no idea what it means, lol! Otherwise, it's amusing, particularly Alaska. It could be said of parts of PA too. 😉 

3 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

Ha! We must be behind in our pot shops, though ours would probably be CBD oil shops instead.

Here it might UDF or Speedway, but Dunkin' is making a play for universality (used to be hard to find a Dunkin' around here). I know some places where it would be Turkey Hill, Sheetz, or Wawa. 

7 minutes ago, kbutton said:

I'm in CMP People region, and I have no idea what it means, lol! Otherwise, it's amusing, particularly Alaska. It could be said of parts of PA too. 😉 

I had to google it! CMP = Civilian Marksmanship Program: "A national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions."

• Thanks 3

Just now, MercyA said:

I had to google it! CMP = Civilian Marksmanship Program: "A national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions."

Ha! Yes, lots of concealed carry permits and "responsible gun owners" around here. Lots of gun ranges too. 

4 hours ago, Murphy101 said:

We have jughandles and traffic circles.

• Like 1

Can I just say that I defy any ruskie tank convoy to try to take Detroit during rush hour? I mean seriousLy, I want them to try to navigate I-75 at 5 pm with thousands of cars all doing 90mph, and at least three corvettes doing 100+ and swerving in and out of traffic like the Joker bought himself a sports car in Gotham! I envision tank drivers in tears, and begging the Kremlin to let them come home. There is no accounting for the crazy of a half million people all determined to assault the same highway simultaneously with the expectation of driving twenty miles in fives minutes flat!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MercyA said:

(I hope this is not offensive to anyone, but even as a peacenik I found it amusing.)

If Russia makes it through Alaska, it has an easy journey through Canada. All we'd say is "sorry for getting in your way," and politely point south. There may be a few trucks blocking the way here and there shouting, "No masks or vaccs!" 😉

Edited by wintermom
  • Haha 12

5 hours ago, Faith-manor said:

Can I just say that I defy any ruskie tank convoy to try to take Detroit during rush hour? I mean seriousLy, I want them to try to navigate I-75 at 5 pm with thousands of cars all doing 90mph, and at least three corvettes doing 100+ and swerving in and out of traffic like the Joker bought himself a sports car in Gotham! I envision tank drivers in tears, and begging the Kremlin to let them come home. There is no accounting for the crazy of a half million people all determined to assault the same highway simultaneously with the expectation of driving twenty miles in fives minutes flat!

So speaking of Russians and Detroit reminded me of the following. I was a Russian Language and Lit major in undergrad (yes, I took the circuitous route to teaching math) and I spent the fall of 1992 studying in St. Petersburg, Russia. When Russian students would ask where I was from, I would reply, "Michigan, not far from Detroit" (but in Russian). I live in West Michigan and wanted to mention a city they had heard of. But whenever I mentioned Detroit, they would gasp in horror, having heard a lot of negative things about said city. So I started changing my reply to "Michigan, not far from Chicago," which got the exact opposite response 🙂

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Longtime Lurker said:

So speaking of Russians and Detroit reminded me of the following. I was a Russian Language and Lit major in undergrad (yes, I took the circuitous route to teaching math) and I spent the fall of 1992 studying in St. Petersburg, Russia. When Russian students would ask where I was from, I would reply, "Michigan, not far from Detroit" (but in Russian). I live in West Michigan and wanted to mention a city they had heard of. But whenever I mentioned Detroit, they would gasp in horror, having heard a lot of negative things about said city. So I started changing my reply to "Michigan, not far from Chicago," which got the exact opposite response 🙂

😂😂😂😂😂😂