Menu

He is risen!

MercyA

Happy Easter and love to all! ☀️

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born." 1 Corinthians 15:3-8

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead." 1 Peter 1:3

• Like 16

My fav:

Christ the Lord is risen today, Alleluia!
Sons of men and angels say: Alleluia!
Raise your joys and triumphs high; Alleluia!
Sing ye heav'ns, and earth reply: Alleluia!

Lives again our glorious King; Alleluia!
Where, O death, is now thy sting? Alleluia!
Dying once, He all doth save: Alleluia!
Where thy victory, O grave? Alleluia!

Love’s redeeming work is done, Alleluia!
Fought the fight, the battle won; Alleluia!
Death in vain forbids Him rise; Alleluia!
Christ has opened Paradise. Alleluia!

Soar we now where Christ has led, Alleluia!
Following our exalted Head; Alleluia!
Made like Him, like Him we rise; Alleluia!
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies. Alleluia!

❤️

• Like 7

Alleluia!!!

In the midst of tragedy and despair and evil, we rest knowing that God has overcome them all. 

The reason I love Easter is that it is a reminder that no matter how dark things get, be that forces working against you or the depths of a grave you dug yourself into and can't see the way out, that darkness is not the end. Good Friday isn't the end. Darkness doesn't win. Evil doesn't win. Cruelty and Fear and Hatred and Oppression don't win. Beyond all expectations, in the midst of grief and confusion and doubt, Truth and Light and Love faced the darkness and won. We are an Easter People, and the darkness will not overcome us.

• Like 1

He is risen indeed! 

2 Corinthians 5:21  He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

So grateful that we serve such a holy God who gave His greatest gift, Jesus, who paid the ultimate sacrifice to purchase our salvation and to restore fellowship with Himself. What wondrous love is this, O my soul! 

He is alive! 

• Like 2