Menu

Boy names

caedmyn

My other boys have J names, all of which are Biblical names. The youngest is called by his middle name which is also a Biblical name, but not a J. I think I'd be open to non-Biblical J names too. DD has a K name that is not Biblical. So I'm looking for: a J boy name, and a non-J middle name that he'll be called by. A couple of names that I've liked but DH has nixed in the past are Cade/Caden and Gabriel.

The J names in my family:

Jeremy

John (goes by his initials)

Jay

Jonathan

Jacob

Jason

Jeffrey

Judge

Jackson (goes by Jack)

Judd

I’m considering Joel for my baby. It’s the name of a distant relative. I also really like Jeremiah. The middle name of one of my son’s is Jonah.

Because it's too confusing having similar names. The older 3 boys all have the same vowel sound after the J and I am always starting to say someone's name and not finishing it because I'm mixing them up.

Oh I see.  So do you want this one to have a middle name that matches his brothers middle name that goes by his middle name?

Any K/C suggestions? I thought about Kale last time I was pregnant but decided it was a little too unusual. I like the sound of it though...is there a name that sounds kind of similar?

Kyle

Kaleb (Caleb)

How about Caedmyn? (or Kaedmyn)

I think you should scrap the J requirement and forget about calling him by his middle name and just pick a name *you* like. And announce that that is the name. End of.

• Like 4

Because it's too confusing having similar names. The older 3 boys all have the same vowel sound after the J and I am always starting to say someone's name and not finishing it because I'm mixing them up.

I babysat 3 girls with the same beginning thing and thought the same thing.  However, I have 2 with the same sound and two without.  I still mix them up in all sorts of ways.  My Dad always said his mom called him--BillyBobJohnny

• Like 2

I babysat 3 girls with the same beginning thing and thought the same thing.  However, I have 2 with the same sound and two without.  I still mix them up in all sorts of ways.  My Dad always said his mom called him--BillyBobJohnny

Mine all start with a different letter and I still call them by the wrong name. It's a mom thing. 

• Like 5

Any K/C suggestions? I thought about Kale last time I was pregnant but decided it was a little too unusual. I like the sound of it though...is there a name that sounds kind of similar?

Kyle?

Kyle Jordan

Kade James

Kieran and any of the J names

Cole

Colin

Christopher

Christian

Cyril

Cass (sometimes used for girls but I knew a boy by this name) 

Creighton

• Like 1

Carter

Cameron

Colton

Colt

Caden

Chandler

Channing

Carson

Cayson

Christopher

Christian

Caleb

Cannon

Charlie

Chase

Craig

If we had named a boy "Cannon" with our last name, he would have changed his name as soon as he could. :)

A lot depends on your last name, caedmyn.

Like the salad vegetable?

Kyle is nice but a bit out-of-fashion these days.

Kaleb

Kallum

Karl

Keir